Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why do families all spread apart after Parent's die?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kickingfate
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Why do families all spread apart after Parent's die?Page 1 of 1    
My father passed away almost 18 years ago now. its was only my mom, myself and my dad. My fathers family forgot we even existed after he died,,totally ignored the fact we were still alive. It hurt for the first number of years. But i got to the point now, i don't even want to know them any more.

why they did this..i really wish i knew..until dad died we were a very tight knit family.

I hope you get a resolution in your situation OP, i really pray you do,.
 _Icon_
Msg: 12
Why do families all spread apart after Parent's die?
Posted: 7/13/2009 7:54:17 PM
Since my mother died, my sister and I are closer than ever. We both have a lot of friends but no one else has lost the same mother. There are some things that only she will understand.

Pick up the phone and tell your siblings how you feel.
 parklabrea
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2009 9:54:32 PM
No-one can disappear in this day and age. Hire a detective service to track your family down. They need to know you're ill.
 zephyrmoon
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/13/2009 9:58:28 PM
My family grew apart after my mother's death because she was the heart and soul of our family. She was the spine, the traditions were hers. She's the one who always made Easter dinner and went to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. She could be counted on for New Year's Eve party and a 4th of July party.

When she died, no one took her place. We all went our separate ways with our husbands and wives, girlfriends and boyfriends. We'd go to THEIR family gatherings.
 leadpipe1958
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/14/2009 6:07:02 AM
The grandmothers are the glue in my family. we would go to grandmas(on my dads side) every Sunday.now that she has passed. we may get toghter for holidays. now on my mom's side grandma is 101 and we get toghter in Florida every year for her birthday. I am sure when she passes we will hardly ever get toghter.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why do families all spread apart after Parent's die?