Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Why do women not like dating fulltime single fathers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rumilvr
Msg: 2
Why do women not like dating fulltime single fathers?Page 1 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I think its just the women you have unfortuntely come across. I think its easier to understand/relate to if the woman has children of her own. Your princess is bound to show..sadly you have to catch a few lumps of coal before you find the gem.
 heterotic
Msg: 3
Why do women not like dating fulltime single fathers?
Posted: 7/13/2009 4:18:56 PM
Jenn8800:

You sure read a lot from the three sentences about this poster's troubles with. I didn't know intuition ran that deep.

Also, he owns a business, so I doubt his ex-wife is paying him anything.

As for me, I do not believe I could fairly raise another woman's child.
 Katydid77
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/13/2009 4:39:19 PM
I prefer to date guys that are fulltime single fathers. I don't like to date guys that have partial custody . . . that is my preference.

Everyone is different, just hang in there and find someone that suits your needs
 heterotic
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/13/2009 5:12:34 PM

To me it doesn't matter what I hear. If I hear that women like white guys, I don't automatically assume I'm in the money. There's a little more to it than oversimplification.

Well said. Certainly the circumstances surrounding becoming a single parent, and who you are as a person, what you do and who you date has more to do with your single status than the fact that you have children.
 Jenn8800
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/13/2009 5:13:51 PM

Wow Jen, is this YOUR ex? Talk about irrational transferance if not!

Read my profile i'm happily married with children! I'm not a loser single parent who whines about not being able to get a date on a cheapo freebie internet dating site. I'm just here to warn innocent people who are thinking about dating you used goods, excess baggage baby daddies and baby mamas.
 heterotic
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/13/2009 5:41:35 PM

Read my profile i'm happily married with children! I'm not a loser single parent who whines about not being able to get a date on a cheapo freebie internet dating site. I'm just here to warn innocent people who are thinking about dating you used goods, excess baggage baby daddies and baby mamas.

OP could be a widow, Jenn8800. You read far too much into his complaining about his inability to get a date because he has children.
 Jenn8800
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/13/2009 5:48:19 PM

OP could be a widow, Jenn8800. You read far too much into his complaining about his inability to get a date because he has children.

Read my posts I wasnt talking about him as an individual but about all custodial single parents in general. There are tons of threads on here with whiney single parents ****ing that no one will date them. This is just another redundant thread on the topic.
 heterotic
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/13/2009 5:49:37 PM
Did it ever occur to any of you that the man or woman is just not interested in you? Why does it matter the reason? Do you complain if someone doesn't want to date you for other reasons too?
 heterotic
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/13/2009 5:51:47 PM
Jenn8800:

If you don't want someone to feel that you are addressing a poster directly, it is unwise to use the pronoun "You". Generally this implies you are speaking directly to the person you are replying to.

I agree there are a lot of whiny posts like this, and that their status as a single parent may have nothing to do with it.
 Jenn8800
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/13/2009 6:21:48 PM
My post began with

You fulltime custodial parents who ripped your children away from thier loving non custodial parents

You fulltime custodial PARENTS who ripped YOUR CHILDREN away from thier loving NON CUSTODIAL PARENTS..............

you custodial PARENTS not "parent" YOUR CHILDREN not "your child" NON CUSTODIAL PARENTS not "non custodial parent"

My god you are so stupid!
I obviously was refering to custodial parents in general not the OP!

But you're a loser single mother looking for a man on a cheapo freebie internet dating site so your obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed.
 heterotic
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/13/2009 6:29:41 PM

My god you are so stupid!

Someone who cannot even capitalize proper nouns, use spell-check or use a comma where necessary should not be referring to highly intelligent people as stupid.

You fulltime custodial PARENTS who ripped YOUR CHILDREN away from thier loving NON CUSTODIAL PARENTS..............

you custodial PARENTS not "parent" YOUR CHILDREN not "your child" NON CUSTODIAL PARENTS not "non custodial parent"

I obviously was refering to custodial parents in general not the OP!

Unless the original poster is not a full-time custodial parent, you are still addressing him directly, whether or not you are including other Full-Time Custodial Parents. The correct way to generally address this group of people is to begin your statement with, "Full-time custodial parents, who..."
 Jenn8800
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/13/2009 6:54:37 PM

Someone who cannot even capitalize proper nouns, use spell-check or use a comma where necessary should not be referring to highly intelligent people as stupid.

The fact that you're a single mother who cant get a man out in the real world and that you have to use the cheapest lowest class dating site on the entire internet to find dates is not a sign of you being a highly intelligent person. The fact that you have a profile up with your photo and with your personal info on it and you go and talk about your personal problems on a public internet forum is also not a sign of you being a highly intelligent person .......................

You fulltime custodial PARENTS who ripped YOUR CHILDREN away from thier loving NON CUSTODIAL PARENTS
It should have been perfectly clear to anyone who is not retarded I wasnt addressing a single individual but single custodial parents in general....
 Just1ooking
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/13/2009 7:29:19 PM
jenn 88OO,
WOW, you live too high on your pedestal and need to come down off it and start living in the real world. Do you think that just because you are happily married that you are perfect? Newsflash... You're not!
And if you are happlily married why are you trolling dating sites? Oh .. right to give all us "loser"single/divorced people "warnings"... hmmm well everyone has freedom of speech I suppose... but I think how you presented yourself is pretty rude, and conceited.
You don't know how or why people are on here and I think its rude to bash everone on this site for being the way they are and being on the site for whatever the reason.
Its none of your business why people post their photos and personal info, let them be the one to pay the consequences... you aren't the one to has to..
I'll tell you like I tell my kids, You worry about you and not what everyone else is doing, they'll be the ones to pay the price, not you, so go on and mind your own business.
Ya think???
 Just1ooking
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/13/2009 7:31:29 PM
Oh, also , reguarding the original post, I personally wouldn't have a problem dating men with full-time custody. So I say keep looking, you will find someone when you least expect it. Good luck with your search. =)
 heterotic
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/13/2009 7:50:05 PM

The fact that you're a single mother who cant get a man out in the real world and that you have to use the cheapest lowest class dating site on the entire internet to find dates is not a sign of you being a highly intelligent person. The fact that you have a profile up with your photo and with your personal info on it and you go and talk about your personal problems on a public internet forum is also not a sign of you being a highly intelligent person .......................

I'm in a relationship with my child's father. I am not looking for a date. Your lack of reading comprehension is astounding.

What I choose to do with my time, including debating with other people on a public forum and sharing my experiences in life with others does not offer any insight to my intelligence quotient. How I speak, my logic in those debates and ability to form a proper sentence (that which you lack), does.

It should have been perfectly clear to anyone who is not retarded I wasnt addressing a single individual but single custodial parents in general....

Why do you speak so offensively to large groups of people? Saying, "...anyone who is not retarded..." is incredibly ignorant.
 heterotic
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/13/2009 7:55:36 PM

And no where in my profile does it say looking for a women to raise my children either, I am doing a great job of that on my own thank you. Both honor role students as well as accomplished sports and volunteer figures in the community.

Disallowing the disciplining of your children is another reason some women wouldn't want to date you. If I am sharing a home with someone who has children, I would expect them to abide my rules as well.
 heterotic
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/13/2009 8:14:09 PM

Who said anything about not allowing my kids to be disiplined? If the right person was found I would expect them to listen to them as well as me, some of you guys are putting the cart WAY before the horse. After reading these posts from some of you makes me want to re-think dating and just stay single, less crap and misconceptions. WHEW

You said you aren't looking for a woman to help raise your kids, that you don't need that.

You ask for answers, I'm giving you possible answers.

If you're looking to whine about not getting dates, then I'll stop trying to help you realize why it's difficult.
 heterotic
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/13/2009 8:39:15 PM

I was just saying I don't expect the women to become instant "mom" I am looking for someone for me 1st then if it feels right then introduce her to the kids and go from there.

My point originally was that some women never want to be a step-mother.

I don't think it is any different than someone not wanting to have a relationship with someone because of another circumstance in their life.
 Lotus Boy
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2009 9:02:44 PM
Everyones story is different, love your kids. I relate though my situation is different. Tough to be a single parent, we all need love.
 Jessica-Victoria
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/13/2009 11:35:19 PM
I guess a lot of women want to share children and not get new ones.

I for one find it very appealing to see a man who raises his kids. :)
 summerwind1970
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/17/2009 5:23:50 PM
I'm sure they're out there..just like the guys who don't want to date a single mom.
I personally, being a single mom, would love to meet a nice single guy..if they have kids, even better..a bonus if his kid(s) is/are around my daughter's age..It's so unbelievelibly hard out there..don't do the bar scene, trying this site..the ones I've come across say they're cool w/ it but when it comes to my weekends w/ her they don't get that that's my time w/ her and that comes 1st. I'm not about to go get a babysitter just to go out when I only have her every other weekend..
I feel for ya..believe me..I know it's tough.
good luck!
 meand2grublets
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2009 10:23:29 PM
Hey man u not the only single dad going through this thing, im a 44 year old single dad of two under 5, i also have found that it is very difficult to find someone that is willing to accept that at my vintage, i am looking after little people and love doing it, but to be realistic most woman my age have older kids and dont really want to get involved with a man who has taken responsibility of caring and raising his children for what ever reason, but the most important thing to remember is that no matter what else happens the kids will always love u, just look at their smiling faces,
hang in there brother
 meand2grublets
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2009 12:24:58 AM
i have read some of your postings on here and i think u are a very bitter woman.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2009 6:22:06 AM
There are lots of reasons some women will not date a single father and for the group of women that do not want to date a single father that is up to them, because lots of the reasons are valide. Now there are women that will still date single parents, but it is a smaller pool. Men and women both want some quality together time, be sure you can provide some of that. Also keep doors open. I find married women have the least probles with the fact I have kids, as long as they get some together time we are both happy. Also stay fit and thin, I see lots of people posting about who will or will not date a single parent and when I look at the pic I think "is being a parent the real problem". Look good or have a big bank account.
 jess92
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/19/2009 10:31:14 PM
Hmmm maybe you are meeting the wrong women. Yes I thing haveing an attraction is very inportant when trying to date someone. But to me I would date a full time single father. My x was a full time father it didnt work out because he didnt want to involve me with his children so how were we sapose to grow. But either way I think the ladys should get use to the idea of single fathers being around because there are more then what there use to be and its hella hard work.(being a single father or mother)
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Why do women not like dating fulltime single fathers?