Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > ARSENAL AND THEIR VIEWS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oggers
Msg: 2
view profile
History
ARSENAL AND THEIR VIEWSPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
As a City fan I couldn't give a stuff what Arsene Wingers policy is ... and we dont want Adebayor, either !

restless_native
Msg: 5
view profile
History
ARSENAL AND THEIR VIEWS
Posted: 7/14/2009 6:26:41 AM

The situation at Man City is not good for football in any way and they won't win anything by just buying big name mercenaries.

That's a rather bold statement to make. Whilst I agree that cash alone doesn't win anything teams can't be successful without the cash.

All the successful clubs have had strong financial clout behind them. You can't win the premiership these days without spending cash on mercenaries. The days of teams like Leeds and Blackburn taking the trophy are long gone unfortunately.

As a life long City fan I'm pretty confident that the Premiership trophy will reside in our trophy cabinet at some point in the near future. It's just a question of how much they want for it.
 restless_native
Msg: 7
view profile
History
ARSENAL AND THEIR VIEWS
Posted: 7/14/2009 7:12:11 AM
i'm all for city spending their millions on players .. it takes the heat off chelsea who have been everyones target for the "buying the title" whingers ..

Every team that wins the Premiership nowadays has bought it to one degree or another. Otherwise we wouldn't see such domination by the clubs with the most money.

I think the majority of people who whinge about clubs who buy the title are just envious because their team might not be in a position to do it. Given the choice I imagine most supporters would prefer to have billionaires backing their teams. Obviosuly I don't mean American billionaires who saddle the club with debt in a dodgy tax write off kind of way.

I'm c0ck a hoop about the current situation at City. And that's not a phrase I'm in the habit of using in polite conversation usually.
 badge73
Msg: 8
view profile
History
ARSENAL AND THEIR VIEWS
Posted: 7/14/2009 7:21:24 AM
Sooo pw please remind the forum how much whinger spent on arseshavin last jan? So i take it thats not mega money?

im pleased citeh have mega bucks especially when they brought barry for 12m lol and even better it peed off the fat spanish waiter!
 ~Hams~
Msg: 17
view profile
History
ARSENAL AND THEIR VIEWS
Posted: 7/20/2009 12:00:38 PM
I predict Arsenal to lose their place in the Top 4 next season and miss out on the CL.

Its 4 seasons now since The Gooners won a trophy and Wengers excuses are running out.

Unless he buys a decent defensive midfielder and one or two experienced players they will struggle next season.

I think it would be good for the Premier League if one
of The so called Top 4 were to lose their place to a team like Man City.

Maybe one day West Ham will be up there too!.....We can dream cant we?!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > ARSENAL AND THEIR VIEWS