Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Remember what love feels like.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 poolchick62
Msg: 1
Remember what love feels like.Page 1 of 1    
I am having difficulty remembering What love feels like..We aften tell our familys we love them but it is a different kind of love.And I thought I was falling for this guy but all of a sudden things were different and I thought about it and it came to my attention that I am not sure about what this love thing is suppose to feel like. So if anyone can shed some light and refresh my memory I would appreciete it.
 Catali75
Msg: 2
Remember what love feels like.
Posted: 7/15/2009 7:15:51 AM
Don't know...never loved.
 Catali75
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/15/2009 7:50:43 AM
Isn't that some Mills and Boon thing?
 Catali75
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/15/2009 8:01:29 AM
It's man-love.

I wonder what Redwood would say if he were here. Now that is love of a hero fallen to the clutches of the barbarians and raptors of POF.
 Catali75
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/15/2009 8:14:07 AM
I should be a female...WIP might like me then
 smiles2you
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/18/2009 11:29:10 PM
Well, I can tell you that I remember what *that* kind of love feels like, but whether I can describe it or not is a different matter.

Love makes you grow as a person. Even if the one you love doesn't care about your faults, you have a stronger desire to be a better person for them. Love is finding yourselves finishing each other's sentences, or knowing what the other is thinking without saying a word. Love will find you spending large amounts of time in each other's company just because you enjoy their presence, oftentimes without even talking.
Love is what makes you reassess the priorities in your life, and makes you realize that you don't really need "stuff" to make you happy, because you find that simply spending time with your love doing nothing, is satisfying. You come to the conclusion that, even if you lost every material thing you have, as long as you have each other, you'll make it through. Love is when your best friend is also your soulmate. You can't even remember what life was like before them.
Love will make you go to any length to try and find the medical help your partner needs, knowing that you are racing against time. Love finds you wishing that you could trade places with them, gladly giving up your own life so they could keep on living. Love is like a Mac Truck slamming into your chest on the day they die, and you wish you could curl up and die right along with them, because you just know that there is no life without them. Love takes you through a slew of emotions as your heart slowly recovers from the blow, and you begin to realize what a gift you have been given. Love is what endures and repairs the very thing that it broke, letting you see the lesson you have learned in the experience. And finally Love is that one thing that you now know is real, for you have experienced it. And you can look back and smile at the memory, and hope to take that journey all over again, because you know that the rewards far outweigh the price.

Love goes beyond that schoolgirl infatuation, that giddiness after the first few dates. You can have a crush on someone, or find them physically attractive, to the point where you find yourself liking them despite their really annoying habits. But I can tell you that when the newness wears off, and you haven't found a deeper respect and love for them, those habits will get under your skin! I do believe in instant attraction, and I do believe that there are those who can fall deeply in love in a very short time. But too many people (women especially I've noticed) are so eager to be "in love" that they ignore all the warning signs along the way. That old adage "Love is Patient" is very accurate. True love will not fade, so there is no reason to rush through the steps of a relationship. Time will strengthen the bonds if it's meant to last.

I hope my perspective is helpful.
 poolchick62
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/20/2009 7:04:56 PM
Thanks I do remembrer ,Sometimes I just want to forget cause sometimes it still hurts to know I don't have that love anymore.....
 notajock
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/21/2009 7:18:22 AM
yep-i remember--love is walking on stars-thinking of nothing else-not sleeping -not thinking of anything but them-love is a kaliedoscope-it never stops moving-like walking on clouds-no need for food,for thought,nor anything but that one person and how u miss them the moment they are gone-even if only for a moment.....

been so long since i felt that way about anyone-damn....
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Remember what love feels like.