Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > For the ladies - How long do you like actual intercourse to last?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OneMoreNutt
Msg: 4
For the ladies - How long do you like actual intercourse to last?Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Well now that really depends on how long the meatloaf has been in the oven, now doesn't it? I mean, nobody wants burnt meatloaf, right? :rol

For me, it depends on how good it is, honestly. A bare minimum of 30 minutes, up to an hour...followed by a short 10 minutes rest period...then get right back to it.
 LovinLife_01
Msg: 5
For the ladies - How long do you like actual intercourse to last?
Posted: 7/15/2009 7:28:02 AM
Long enough that I'm waving a "white flag"!
 TooShadows
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 1:16:16 PM
There was a time when I was very long-lasting,and could go for over an hour. Some women loved that and wanted to go again right after I'd finally gotten off,and I had a few ladies who asked if they could finish me off another way after less than 10 minutes. With my girlfriend I'll go anywhere from 5 minutes(this morning,after some really great head)up to a half hour or more. Luckily she's multi-orgasmic,so even a few minutes gives her several orgasms.
 whytwater
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/15/2009 4:40:59 PM

Making love is NOT straight intercourse without breaks of laughter, food, drink, cuddling, soft words, caresses and sighs

A catered event!!???? I mean, it sounds wonderful, but who do you use for the food and drink? (Visualizing card table loaded with bottles along one wall and bartender trying to look busy).
 sweetsdebbi
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 5:06:20 PM
I would like to say 30 for foreplay and then at least 20 for sex- then cuddling- then start again
 Leeanne
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 5:46:15 PM
Long enough to break a sweat and scream for mercy!!! Anything short of that is not worthy! I mean it just feels soooo goooood!!
 kcihteteyr
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2009 8:50:24 PM
As long as he can go, I love sex and I dont care if we both can't walk afterwards!! Short break and lets go again!!!
 CityGrlNCountry
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/17/2009 11:30:16 AM
Actual intercourse, I normally don't want to last more than 20 minutes at a time unless I'm altered on some kind of substance? lol

The entire experience though, depending on my mood of course, I usually prefer to last at least an hour.
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/17/2009 1:01:12 PM
If the man knows what he is doing 10 minutes is long enough. If he doesn't forever isn't enough.
 MsMicki
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2009 3:26:03 PM
Depends on the day!
Sometimes there is the rip your clothes off each other, can't wait to have you 5 minutes of hot monkey sex......
Sometimes there is hours of savoring each other.
I like a man that mixes it up......one does not have to stick w/ penetration once penetration has begun! A few minutes of penetration.......a few minutes of oral.....then back to penetration!
That ^......I can do for hours!!
 BrickCharm City
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2009 4:41:51 PM
I've never timed it but I'd rather have several "medium length" sprints instead of one long marathon.
 Groceryguy
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/17/2009 5:44:00 PM
Hello shell, I really liked your answer. I never looked at the clock, just kept at it until she is finished then myself. Jerry
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/17/2009 7:52:04 PM
my ex had a hard time getting worked up and always said she needed to have long long foreplay before she was wet and ready. when she had a few drinks in her it was even longer. i always did her when we got home from the danceclub at 2:30 am so it would be 6 or 7 am before we finished. those were the days!
 angel_nurse_2004
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2009 8:10:53 PM
Well I have had my share of a "minute man," I timed it one time, and we did a good 10 minutes foreplay, then sex, I was in his room for a whole 15 minutes! That was getting clothes off, foreplay, sex, cleaning myself up, and clothes back on, all in 15 minutes. See now how I really like it is a good hour or more of teasing and foreplay, then get into sex, start off slow then speed it up, and teasing your man at the same time too, making him want it more, changing positions, playing some slow, sexy music, after we both reach climax, take a 5-10 minute break, drink a little and have a smoke, if you smoke, then get back in there for round two, now in a different spot in the house. Keep it like that until you both fall out ;) Thats the GoOd Stuff!!!
 catmandu2green
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2009 9:43:56 AM
I like the way your mind (& other parts, apparently?) works, cowboy!

I do feel that the intimate communication that is intercourse, is much like a conversation.
The better you know & like someone, the more you have to talk about, & the more open you are to new experiences. Open honest communication heightens everything.
The best time was when an hour (or so, who knows!) of mind blowing lovemaking was followed by a shower together, a leisurely lunch, & then a "nap". Everything was experienced at a greater intensity & a few notches higher. Repeat, have dinner, (don't forget the lube!) & go again!
Oh yeah, that was a honeymoon! Now THAT was GOOD. Too bad the marriage didn't go as well!
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/25/2009 3:24:49 PM
OP, but the book "The Hite Report" which will be all you need (almost) to know about sex.
 867love
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/25/2009 9:30:12 PM
-there are "quickies" (5-15 min)
-there are "longies" (30 min -all afternoon or weekend)

-times you hope you can finish before the cops shine their flashlights through the windshield and tell you to move it along (30 sec-15 min)
-or the dressing room attendant at target doesn't get suspicious (5-10 min)
 damassteel
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2009 12:15:28 AM
Interesting... all this talk about how long it should last, but not once is frequency mentioned. I would suspect that those who prefer these really long sessions( an hour or more)likely have appetites that tend towards the 2-3 times a week side of the scale. Conversely, those who prefer shorter sessions may in fact have appetites of 4-6 times per week. My theory is based on my experience; I just don't believe flesh and blood can handle an hour or more of pushin' n' grindin' more than a couple of times a week. I know that for myself, after one of those all afternoon or late into the wee hours sessions, I'm kinda raw and worn down there and need some recuperation time, likely a few days or more. On the other hand, shorter sessions will have me back in the saddle again by the next day or sooner.
 pf141
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/26/2009 9:27:21 PM
I like it to vary. Sometimes quick, sometimes a long long time. I also like it to be unpredictable in frequency. I dont like anything to feel scheduled, like every tues and saturday or everyday. When I'm in love and so having intimacy, those times it lasts a long long time, with soulful slow sex are so beautiful, rare and special, and a big part of what brings me closer to a man. But those spontaneous quick times are really fun too and it's all good;)
 damassteel
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2009 8:39:31 AM
I'm with you generally speaking. However, I think what some women here mean and I could be wrong, is that the session itself should last that long; during which you switch-up with lots of different kinds of sex play and/or intercourse. If that's the case I'm right there with them on that, but an hour or two of intercourse...several x's a week or something like that; I've got my doubts about that.
I was married to a high libido woman and she needed to get off at least 6-10 times before she felt right. As well her favorite way was through straight intercourse. After she was finished gettin hers I pretty much didn't care any more and was ready to call it quits. On the occasions I still had something left in me, I wanted to get off orally because it offered a different feel sensation after all of that in n' out. she had issues with that because she wanted to feel me cum inside of her. I had to tell her, and I HATE getting into this kind of thing during sex, that you just spent the last however , long gettin yours the way you like it, kindly afford me the same courtesy. That was a constant sore point(no pun intended) for duration of the marriage. We could never seem to reach a workable compromise with that issue.
 whytwater
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/27/2009 11:36:29 AM

(foreplay would last 30-45 minutes)-
Seriously? Who has that kind of attention span. Kiss me and lets get on with it.

Went to a Phillies game last week, a laugher, when the Cubs were in town, with a guy I've known for 20 years (he's been married for 25)and at one point, we were discussing the relative merits of married sex vs. unmarried sex, briefly, cuz we both have Lovesmesumboys' attention span. He said a typical sexual interlude is one of them standing in the doorway, pants at the ankles, saying, "You wanna? It's a commercial." LMAO! Seems there are certain efficiencies that attend longer lasting marriages.
OTOH, I met a lady once who treated sex as an event, longer than your typical baseball game, and catered even. No orgasms, just lotsa getting to the brink and hanging. Me, I'm more a closer, and those sessions just seemed like spring training for the long hauls.
 itechman63
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2009 10:31:45 AM
Is that 7 to 13 consecutive minutes?
 Sabrosura
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/29/2009 10:34:35 AM
I've never timed this (lol), but I would hope it would last until we were BOTH satisfied/spent!!!!!!
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2009 10:37:10 AM
To me the length of time is not important if we are both satisfied and both orgasm.
 Blakkardaberry
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2009 10:37:34 AM
[For the ladies - How long do you like actual intercourse to last?
Posted: 7/15/2009 658 AM
OMG! I want it to last forever!!! lol]

I have heard this before and found it to not often to be true. Be careful what you wish for you might just get it. I must be looking in the wrong place. But honestly Most women either get sore or want to stop after the first 30 min and that sucks because I am not a rollover and go to sleep kinda guy. Some guys aren't in it for the sprint we kinda like the triathalon but there are few women IMO that can hold it together past the 50 yard dash.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > For the ladies - How long do you like actual intercourse to last?