Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > visible tattoos, opinions?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pantsonfire
Msg: 2
view profile
History
visible tattoos, opinions?Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Both, neither, probably, maybe...

But then again, my opinion doesn't count as I have defaced myself with a tattoo and as such have no valid opinions as my view is clouded...
 electric-gypsy
Msg: 16
view profile
History
visible tattoos, opinions?
Posted: 7/15/2009 8:51:10 AM
I don't know if they're regrettable, but tats (visible or not) on a man are an instant aphrodisiac as far as I'm concerned!
 Cargy.
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 9:01:32 AM

tats (visible or not) on a man are an instant aphrodisiac as far as I'm concerned!

*Rushes off to the tattooist*

What's a good pic? I quite fancy a gnome.
 lalby
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/16/2009 3:05:34 PM
I like tattoo's and have a few myself and recently added to my collection and will be adding again next friday

All my ink can be covered if needs be and the only 1 that could be harder would be the one on my inner wrist,when people ask me what they will look like in 50 years time,i tell them "the same as most other peoples my age,so who cares?"

Its each to thier own i guess but for now im happy
 Whitey5.10.74
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2009 2:36:09 AM
I see people every week that have chinese tattoos and what they have on their bodies is complete nonsense because the interpretation is completely wrong.
I have a Chinese symbol on my wrist, it means Tiger(1974)

Not long after I had it done, I was in a Chinese Takeaway with my ex girlfriend. The young woman serving had Chinese writing on her wrist so I asked her what it meant?

"Angel" she replied. When I asked her what mine meant, she started speaking loundly in Chinese. The chef came out from the back, he was covered in Tattoos, sleeves both arms. After a consultation in Chinese, she announced that it meant Tiger.

So, the old joke about it meaning something on the food menu do not apply to mine, I have had it checked out by a geniune tattood Chinaman.
 Chel5ea1
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2009 3:56:16 AM
I have a number of tattoos at all over my body and i intent to get more. All but the one on my wrist can be covered up in necessary.

I couldnt give a hoot what people think of my tattoos, i have had them done for me and nobody else. As long as i am happy with them thats all that matters.
 starseeker54
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2009 12:24:28 PM
if you have seen my profile,you wil have seen my back tatt.as was pointed out earlier,it is the thought that makes the tatt.i have a dragon creeping into my hairline from my neck.not visable to all,butwhen i have a trim,it just appears.some people can carry it off,others cant.think long and hard,and have it done in pen,just to see who it looks and if it feels right.am dead against boob tatts,just once have i seen anything like art covering a boob.remember it takes alsorts and everyone is entitled to their views...
 lemming3k13
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2009 2:26:48 PM
Personally I hate them.
However each to their own. My opinion is not important to anyone but myself, and nor should it be.
 Bassbob47
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2009 11:42:45 AM
i like tattoos its a form of expression, im glad not everyone gets it, of course it can be overodone, and im pleased with mine.
 Bassbob47
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2009 3:17:39 PM
well thats people for you
 Whitey5.10.74
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2009 7:44:05 AM

times change,so do social trends i have tattoos but they arnt visable unless im showing my back,i got mine when even that was taboo lol these days with shows like miami ink etc tattoos are ten a penny,infact its unusual now NOT to have one lol
In the words of Ozzy Ozbourne, if you wanna be original, don't get a Tattoo.

Personally, I love them. I aspire to be like Wentworth Miller in Prison Break, but my girlfriend isn't that keen. If I came into some money, no doubt I would probably be covered from head to toe.
Posted: 11/21/2009 2:12:50 AM
I'm loud enough.. I don't need ink to make the statement and am happy with me.
I have considered ink on a number of occasions but... due to a change of heart, mind or circumstances have not been marked.. lucky I suppose as what may have been (a good idea at the time) pertinant then will not fit in with my ever changing psyche..

DNR over my sternum... will be the only ink I think.. but then again, never say never

Ruffy

xx
 badge73
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 10:35:32 AM
some tattoos are tastfull and some just arnt, like everything ... its in the eye of the beholder. i have no tattoos, and the reason why? it takes a lot of courage for me to have a injection never mind sit there for half an hour while its done thousands of times!!
 sassy_1974
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 2:01:39 PM
I have 4 tattoo's and i love each one. I have one on my chest, two on either upper arm and one on lower arm. When wearing T shirts 3 are visable. I dont see the point in having a tattoo somewhere i cant see it as i love looking at them. They are not huge, nor distasteful. Having tattoo's does not mean im a rebel, bad worker, mean b1tch etc etc..no one should judge a person simply because they have tattoo's. If i had the guts id have more..hopefully my courage will come back and i will lol..anyone whose had a tattoo will tell you how addictive it is and what a buzz you get out of it. I'll still be showing them off with pride when im a wrinkly old granny
 lalby
Msg: 130
Posted: 1/10/2010 3:49:10 AM
I was out with a friend of mine a while back who has alot of work on his arms,and with what i was wearing you could see my sleave and my shoulders.
Someone asked us the age old question of,Dont you worry what it will look like when your 80?

My friend answered with"I will be more bothered about having someone wipe my arse for me,than what my tattoo's will look like"

I think thats a pretty good answer myself,I will be happy if i can still dress myself and walk at 80 so i reckon my tattoo's will be the least of my worries
 Whitey5.10.74
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2010 1:28:06 PM

Wherever they are, on men and women very unsightly indeed.IMO
You forgot that bit. Ok, so you do not like tattoos, thats your choice/taste, however, many people think they are great.
 Whitey5.10.74
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2010 2:42:01 PM
I made sure that they knew the origins of the 'tattoo culture' ie that it was a mark of hardness and indicative of where you had 'served your time' and how long your jail sentences had been.On a first offense you would be allowed to have a small swallow or other small bird, someone with a larger bird like an eagle would be someone who had done 'serious bird'
I've never heard so much sh1t, that has to be the funniest and most ridiculous comment I have heard on here for ages.

Everyone with a tattoo(s) has been in prison?????????? Must ask David Beckham where he served time.

Believe it or not, some scientists say that certain marks on the skin of the Iceman, a mummified human body dating from about 3300 B.C., are tattoos. If that’s true, these markings represent the earliest known evidence of the practice. Tattoos found on Egyptian and Nubian mummies date from about 2000 B.C., and classical authors mention the use of tattoos in connection with Greeks, ancient Germans, Gauls, Thracians and ancient Britons.

Tattooing was rediscovered by Europeans when exploration brought them into contact with Polynesians and American Indians. The word tattoo comes from the Tahitian word tattau, which means "to mark," and was first mentioned in explorer James Cook’s records from his 1769 expedition to the South Pacific. Because tattoos were considered so exotic in European and U.S. societies, tattooed Indians and Polynesians drew crowds at circuses and fairs during the 18th and 19th centuries.
Thanks for the link, CB962

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > visible tattoos, opinions?