Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Coast to Coast AM - Paranormal radio at it's best!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 2
Coast to Coast AM - Paranormal radio at it's best!Page 1 of 1    
I like when they get hillbilly types going on about LAAAAAMPYRS THAT FEED ON YOUR FEAR.

Seriously, there is a reason they won a snuffed candle award on this show. It's made of pure stupid.
 TheCoffeeSan
Msg: 3
Coast to Coast AM - Paranormal radio at it's best!
Posted: 7/17/2009 3:09:58 AM
Hehee...I remember listening to that show with my grandma when Art Bell was the host. I'll pick it up on the AM now and then when I'm driving at night. It either has to be an interesting topic or I have to be in a certain mood for me to stick around long though. I love how George can be so dead-pan serious with so many of his guests!
 Alli_oop
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/17/2009 8:42:19 AM
I listen now and then, but havent much lately. Like you, I like the ones with guests on about astronomy, geophysics, etc But if I hear the words bigfoot, crystal skull, psychic (or other pseudoscience), loch ness, or anything da vinci code related or god stuff or prophecies, my radio goes off.
 Jiperly
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/17/2009 10:17:30 AM
My favourite, and only, time I ever listened to this show is when someone came onto the show claiming to be a fictional character from a video game(Half Life, claiming to be Gordan Freeman), and the hosts believed them.

Though I suppose that explains alot- that they are willing to believe in alot of fiction.
 2findU
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2009 11:58:36 AM
I've been listening to that show for years. I first discovered it in '98. Some of the guest crack me up they are such kooks. But I like to listed to them anyway. I'm a skeptic and don't believe in any of that paranormal stuff. And that pseudoscience is just a joke too. But I like that he covers both the science and the paranormal. Art Bell is my favorite host as he is the original host.
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/19/2009 11:40:45 PM
I remember one time they had a pre-emminent rocket scientist on the show.
He said he knew 100% that their was no alien space ship project in the United States. The host asked him why and he said.

"In any list of the top five scientists in this field; I will be on that list. Nobody has called me to offer a job."
 nipoleon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2009 12:57:46 PM
The originator of the show, Art Bell was the best.
George Noory is good but not as good as Art.
They do a good job of covering the whole spectrum from hard science to pure speculation.

The best was several years ago with the woman who claimed to have sex with reptilian aliens. And, it was the best sex she ever had !
 alex1988
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/24/2009 11:53:24 PM
i listen to this show religiously. I want to be a guest at one point in my life...nothing better than waking up at 4 am, listening to someone trying to kill the devil.
 mizeryluvscompany
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/25/2009 7:45:23 AM
I prefer Art or George.

and our all time fave: JC

where has JC been? lol
 HillBilly43
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/25/2009 8:00:57 AM
I was a listener many years ago when Art was the host and when George first took over. If taken with a grain of salt the show was more often then not the most entertaining program on at that hour. I do remember finding guest host Ian Punit interesting to listen to.
 Oceanside77
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/3/2009 5:26:48 PM
Hey Taylor, it is neat to run into those who listen to Coast-to-coast AM. I have been listening to it for the past few yrs. The show makes my dull nights interesting for sure. I am not much of an "in the box" thinker. Though, I cannot say I agree with all the guests and I stay away from certain subjects that seem to be flooded with outragious political contraversy, fear or religious paranoia. I tend to shrink back when they start talking about elves and fairies also, lol

My favorite shows are usually the ones that pertain to meditation or cosmic energy or LOA type stuff. I have been wondering if that JC charecter would ever get back on also, he is a riot. Reminds me of one of my old paratrooper bosses. I think Goerge Nap has been a wonderful addition to the show along with Noory.
 AtomicGogol
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2010 2:09:01 PM
I've listened and I've also stalked the threads on GodlikeProductions for awhile.

I don't know if this is true for everyone, but spending more than maybe two hours at this stuff can cause my brain to twist into möbius strips. But it's fun at times.

A good one was where Noory interviewed Ron Mallett because Prof. Mallett actually is trying to make a time machine while being true to physics.
 AtomicGogol
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2010 6:54:43 PM
Mallett did get a lot of publicity for awhile because he was running around claiming that he'd build a working time machine. His original theory involved frame-dragging with slowed-down laser beams. Eventually, I guess it was proven that this method wouldn't work, so he had to admit the error and work in a different direction. He seems to be continuing his research.

http://www.phys.uconn.edu/~mallett/main/main.htm
 swmsouth
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/6/2010 3:31:01 PM
I am a big fan of coast to coast am, I either tape it or stay up late to listen. There are also many affiliates that stream the show online at no charge, the links are on the coast web site. I am 50 single and presently living near Greenville, SC. I would like to find a single lady that is a coast fan as much as I am. I also am a big fan of the paranormal type shows on TV, Mike Marki
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/6/2010 5:58:09 PM
I have listened to it, but usually fall asleep. ( not because it's boring )
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Coast to Coast AM - Paranormal radio at it's best!