Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Friday night date feature      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ncdamsel
Msg: 2
Friday night date featurePage 1 of 1    
i have been wondering just how it works, also, not sure what it spose to prove... maybe some one will fill us in,
 packagedealx3
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Friday night date feature
Posted: 7/18/2009 12:26:53 PM
I actually had a guy contact me a couple of years ago. Styx was playing a local gig, he wanted to go and didn't want to go by himself. If I hadn't been sick, I might have gone, still regret feeling too awful to go, but I think this is the same type of thing. You don't have a date for a specific event or you just want to get out, maybe you aren't the type of person to go to a movie alone. It is an opporunity for a sort of no-risk no-fault blind date situation without the pressure of the blind date.

I don't know how many people are taking advantage of it but as Wazhiz noted, sometimes you go out with someone here and they are better as running buddies than as boy/girlfrends.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2009 1:10:43 PM
Go to your inbox, click on the link that says go on a date this Friday night.
 stunt groom
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/18/2009 2:59:14 PM

I took a break from this site and when I came back, I noticed that there was a new "date night" feature. I was wondering if anyone has had any success using it. Has anyone ever tried this particular feature and if so, how did it go?

Yeah.. I tried it. I put my profile on there and sure enough on Friday night 4 hot women appeared at my door. Then the neighbor's dog started barking and woke me up from my nap...
 stunt groom
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/18/2009 3:02:08 PM

would probably use it from time to time if it was "Get a date this Weekend!" instead of Friday. I work every Friday night.

I check out the guys that sign up from time to time but thus far none have really caught my eye.

I would be more inclined to sign up if I could also see the women that had signed up.

Why would you want to see the other women? Do you follow the other sheep? Do you have self esteem issues? If you're going to do something do it. Damn what other people do..
 varinia
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/18/2009 6:51:09 PM
I actually tried it out this past week. Was on there all week. Got contacted by one guy, who's profile was completely opposite of mine - probably didn't read mine. So, it didn't really do anything for me.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/14/2009 11:43:57 PM
Scotlas, you are a very pretty woman, and I'm sure there are a lot of guys out there who would like to date you.
Can I make a suggestion? You would look really fantastic with bangs, you have a lovely face, and bangs would frame it so nicely. Have you ever considered them? I know that you didn't ask for my advice, but you did say that you felt your pictures could be better, and looking at them, I think perhaps all you need is a bit of a change in style that really shows off your features, and some new pictures and you will have guys emailing you like crazy.
You have a great personality, and seem to be a very bright, kind woman. Just a little 'girly' advice from one woman to another.
Best of luck!
Beth
 Okietokie88
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2009 11:57:59 PM
Where is this "Date night" feature
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Friday night date feature