Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Has anyone ever seen a profile of someone they know on here?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VancouverDan40
Msg: 1
Has anyone ever seen a profile of someone they know on here?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I haven't. Not as yet anyways! Has anyone come across the teller at your bank? The person who works in the local drugstore? Your family doctor?..Heck..your family!
Truth be known, if I run across someone I know, I'll say 'Hello'. But if it's a cousin, I'll pass. If that family member has seen me, and brings it up in public at a family function..they will get the 30 minute in your face lecture.
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 2
Has anyone ever seen a profile of someone they know on here?
Posted: 7/19/2009 10:21:44 AM
I have seen one of photo of someone I work with here. That was a long time ago so I think he took his profile down.

You may think there is nothing wrong with it and I agree but some people look down online dating sites. There is almost a stigma attached to online dating.
 haida41
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/29/2012 8:53:45 PM
i saw my sister.
 Pasqualee
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2012 4:29:12 PM
The world's a small place as I've seen quite a few profiles of people that I know.
 ClassC
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2012 4:09:21 PM
yes, I've encountered many familiar faces...and now, being a "long-timer Fishie" and attendee of MANY group events, I'm quite tickled to say that there is a POF FAMILY of 'faces I know'...who have dated, and moved on, and come back. We even delight in calling each other for group gatherings outside the POF site!
I guess you could say Plenty of Friends...thank-you BIGFISH for THAT! ((and thank-you for the heading link back to the forums, Marcus>>>rant, rant, ranting pays off?...and for the EVENTS posted below our INBOX...much safer that way for Newbies...(I know, I know...it's been that way for eons, however, I'm just saying thanks to Marcus, as I haven't said it before...)PS sold the ClassC...hmmm...new name???/new profile???
 Ed Bear
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2012 7:16:15 AM
Hey there, ClassC - you look pretty familiar, too!

I certainly do see people I know around here, and once met one at a gathering (I've only tried four PoF events, and didn't stay at the most recent.). Some of them, of course, are people I suggested PoF to.

ED BEAR
 p1moretyme
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/3/2012 10:35:23 AM
Two, ironically both of them in the last week. One I used to work with and the other I went to high school with.
 VenusandAdonis
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/3/2012 10:51:07 AM
People have seen me, people I work with..only because they are on it too..
So it evens out, Vancouver island is relatively small, so I have seen many people I know post profiles up here..some are former employers, others school colleagues, and some old friends, quite a surprise
 Brodigy
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/3/2012 11:31:55 AM
I remember a coworker telling me that other coworkers had found my profile and waited for a reaction from me as if it was my cue to be all embarrassed.

Instead , I was like " yeah...and .... ? "

The guy looked at me confused for a moment and then walked away....

...I still laugh when I remember when as a child I automatically assumed that all adults were MATURE.

Ah the ignorance of youth, lol
 237D1FE5
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/3/2012 2:06:30 PM
Yup a few people
 SUNSHINECOASTGIRL69
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2012 2:28:03 PM
Er Yes! But what I can never work out is why the guys are so hopeless at selling themselves .. I have helped one or two to actually take a decent photograph or done it myself for them ... dont they realise its like seeing Robert Redford or some such in a good movie ?? .. it gives an Impression . a first impression ... thats my rant over with ! hahaa!
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/9/2012 11:42:05 PM
The longer I am here the more people I see on here who are people that I have met or have known previously.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/10/2012 5:46:53 AM
But what I can never work out is why the guys are so hopeless at selling themselves

It could be from a lack of confidence as a result of being rejected by too many women over the course of thier lives or possibly that they have never been good in the role as a player or maybe they are just trying to be what they think women want... Honest .... which when it comes to selling seldom leads to short term success. When you meet someone new on here ask yourself if you would buy a used car from that person.
 biziedizie11
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/16/2012 12:39:14 PM
I have many times, I usually end up dating them.
 Therasak
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/20/2012 5:05:03 AM
Tons!! I live in a small town, small towns around us.. so yeah. I never say a thing, especially if I see them and either of us is at work. I just think it would be bad form.
 Lookingforyou8778
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2012 2:08:08 PM
I have seen lots of people I recognize. ... My ex husband for one...lol..small world. Okay, an unrelated question......does anyone know how to delete someone from your "Contacts" list?
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/13/2012 6:36:45 PM
There's one guy I see in the little profile banner who looks like a guy who went to my gym, really handsome but i know he wouldn't give me the time of day. but I think the guy looks like him, but then i think..not really...can't be.
 behind_blue_eyes86
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/15/2012 7:09:51 PM
Haha where to begin...

Recognized at least one co-worker here
At least two people I went to high school with
An ex
The best friend of a different ex
Friends girlfriend

One girl recognized me and said I was "that one cute guy" (hell I'll take it)
and a different ex recognized me as well ha.

I'm sure there's been more that I can't remember right now, too.
 Klova61
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/27/2012 3:27:39 AM
I have. Male Friends. I say hello and ask how their POF search is going?. Some I would like to date others I know too well that it would be a trainwreck waiting to happen. It is good to see them though as it is difficult to date when you are older.
 _Kurisu_
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/28/2012 2:29:30 AM
Yea, I saw the profile of a female college friend that isn't alive anymore.
 MiMediaNaranja
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/29/2012 12:37:54 AM
Oh Yeah, all the time lol
 pageforyou
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/29/2012 8:27:04 AM
Ditto! And hi MN! : P
 Klova61
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/30/2012 6:08:24 PM
I reconnected with someone I think about all the time and miss him. We were suprised when we saw each other's profiles. Life is funny. It makes me feel good to know that he is on here.
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/12/2013 9:12:52 PM
aha, spotted another, I just saw the person on a friends facebook friends list. I had seen his profile a number of times, thought "he's so handsome", and also thought "hey he looks just like...". Looked on a mutual friend's facebook and bingo.. back in highschool though, we exchanged hellos, i even got a ride home one day, but he hung out with the cool girls crowd, not the plane jane types like me.
 _BobbyLee
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/22/2013 2:32:54 PM
Yeah. A few guys I know in real life. Funny thing is they lie about their height. They post their height as the same as mine but they are at least 2 inches shorter than me lol.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Has anyone ever seen a profile of someone they know on here?