Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why is it when a guy likes thick girls, its a fetish, but not when he      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 eeeeee9
Msg: 2
Why is it when a guy likes thick girls, its a fetish, but not when he likes skinny girls?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
i think its cuz all guys like thin girls so its considered wierd to like em chubby
 1ladyjewl
Msg: 3
Why is it when a guy likes thick girls, its a fetish, but not when he likes skinny girls?
Posted: 7/5/2005 8:21:49 PM
I totally agree. I would rather hear a guy say "it doesn't matter that you are a bbw" than one that says he prefers bbws... I am a "bbw" yes, but that's not the first thing that I am
 who_the_fox
Msg: 6
Why is it when a guy likes thick girls, its a fetish, but not when he likes skinny girls?
Posted: 7/5/2005 10:11:22 PM
Grrrr....irregardless is a made up word as is deoderancy. Fetish is a LEGITIMATE word in the English language.
 79dude
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/5/2005 10:20:08 PM
i agree with mars, who cares what people call it
 SweetKristine
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/6/2005 5:09:45 AM
i think its cuz all guys like thin girls so its considered wierd to like em chubby

^^^ummmmmmm hellooooooooooooooo so not true......some guys like us big gals ;) bring em on where are they? lol ;)

i would hope a man would wanna date me b/c of me..not b/c im fat....who knows?
 79dude
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/6/2005 9:25:33 AM
well i see im not alone. every post in this thread is basically asking "wtf is with this thread?"
do we have any mods around? coughkillcough lmao
 SweetKristine
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/6/2005 5:09:34 PM
im never gonna be a size 2..i have hips, thighs, butt, boobs, etc...god love the men who love a thick gal ;)
 SweetKristine
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/6/2005 7:00:35 PM
every guy has his preferance of type of girl....i wouldnt call it a fetish tho...
 dakota5369
Msg: 17
 dakota5369
Msg: 18
 dakota5369
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/6/2005 7:12:00 PM
slightly off topic, but why do overweight women refer to themselves as bbw? or why do so many bbw's in denial refer to themselves as having an "athletic build? If you are fat, you are fat. don't call yourself beautiful, let others judge that. Skinny girls that says that about themselves are called diva's or prima donnas or something. why doesn't the same apply to chubbies? I actually think it is a lack of self esteem and a cover up for an inability to maintain proper health and fitness.For the record, i do like girls with a little meat on their bones, so i am not just bashing people. It is just funny to me how many big girls think they are so sexy. by the way, if you weigh more than 200 lbs, please do not wear shirts that show off your stomach. just my opinion.
 1ladyjewl
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/6/2005 8:34:20 PM
Dakota5369,
There is not a "FAT" option under "body type" and what the hell is wrong with feeling sexy????
 DivineBovine
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2005 8:42:13 PM
"all guys like thin girls so its considered wierd to like em chubby"

well, if ALL guys like *thin* girls, then there'd be nobody left to date the *chubby* ones, right???

DivineBovine
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2005 8:49:12 PM
"I actually think it is a lack of self esteem and a cover up for an inability to maintain proper health and fitness."

from which fine institution of higher education did you obtain your degree in endocrinology???

SweetKristine
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/7/2005 9:09:07 AM
wow dakota5369 is a nice guy isnt he ladies?!?!? lmfao get a life dude!

I dont refer to myself as a bbw..I refer to myself as me...they dont allow you to describe your body type..so i was only allowed to put BBW...i have no shame in who I am..I dress to show what looks good...I cover what dosent...I am not gonna let any man make me feel ashamed of who I am...because I know I'm a good person...You can be sexy at any size..2 or 22...sexy comes from within....and just because you maybe a bigger lady does nto in anyway mean you can not feel and think you are sexy...there is a big difference between sexy and trashy!
 Call Leen
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/7/2005 10:23:27 AM
Lots of words and not very nice interpretations in the subject matter at hand.
Like someone already said, I will never be a 2. Nor am I thick .... to me that means dense.
I am a big beautiful woman in my own opinion and others are free to feel as they do. I may not be beautiful to everyone and I like to think that inner beauty is far more lovely than perfect hair and makeup. I am big at 5'9" and I know for a fact that I am a woman.

As far as what we get to pick from a drop down menu ... I don't care for 'average' (I think I'm above average), 'few extra pounds' (this is commonly accepted by people as fudging), 'athletic' (I'm fit, not buff) or 'BBW' (way too PC for me). These are our choices?

So if a 'short man' thinks I am too tall or a 'muscle man' thinks I'm too soft or a vain man thinks I am not 'eye candy' enough to attach to his arm, I am grateful to know that they are shallow. But that doesn't make me thick.
I'm still ME and happy about it. There are lots of men who judge us by other qualities and those are the guys I am interested in.
And to my sisters who find themselves in the dark world of eating disorders, trying to fit into a world that doesn't care about your genes or metabolism, please, Please, PLEASE be good to yourself (emotionally and physically) and find people who accept who you the way you are and will teach you to accept yourself if you don't already know how.

Guys who judge by sight alone are the "thick" ones.
Who needs them?
 dakota5369
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/7/2005 1:49:49 PM
Divine, i said "I think," therefore it is an opinion of mine based on observations.
 dakota5369
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/7/2005 1:55:38 PM
and sweet, i wasn't insulting anyone, I am just saying to be honest. and just because you feel sexy (which is fine) doesn't mean everyone else does. I feel very bad for the girls that dress all sexy when they are pushing 240 (or for you 340), because people just laugh at you. My point is that it is fine whatever weight you are. Just don't try to convince everyone else you are sexy. let them decide for themselves if you are. i just think it is an excuse to cover up for a lack of commitment to properly maintain a healthy lifestyle. sorry to sound crude, but perhaps if people in this country stop being so sensitive, we would no longer be the fattest country in the world.
 SweetKristine
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/7/2005 2:03:25 PM
wow and now ya wanna try and guess my weight...should I try and guess your IQ or penis size...im sure both are small!!!

My point is that it is fine whatever weight you are. Just don't try to convince everyone else you are sexy. let them decide for themselves if you are. i just think it is an excuse to cover up for a lack of commitment to properly maintain a healthy lifestyle.

^^and for that comment...do not judge all fat people I work out 3x a week...i eat healthy and ive lost 25 lbs...and ya know what...I think I'm sexy...and I'm sure there are guys out there who feel the same way...I am not trying to convince anyone I am sexy...I could care less what others think of me...I dont base my happiness or self- confidence on other people's view of me....
 dakota5369
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/7/2005 2:10:04 PM
why do you feel necessary to respond with insults? i wasn't meaning to insult you. so obviously you have self-esteem issues. as for you losing weight, i applaud you! keep it up! i never said or meant to imply that i was talking to ALL overweight people. so if what i said does not apply to you, disregard. i think it goes back to my self esteem point, though. if you were REALLY confident about yourself, you would have known i was not talking about you. instead you got all offended and replied with insults. i guessed your weight by looking at your picture. maybe i was wrong, but i did not mean it as an insult. and if i was close and you ARE proud of your appearance, my guess should not have bothered you. However, you guess my penis size and iq with no visual evidence.
 SweetKristine
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/7/2005 2:16:18 PM
Why do you feel the need to even guess my weight?!?!?! Whats the point of that?!?! If you dont like big girls..dont look at em...or dont respond in threads like this. I am sticking up for every big girl on here who has been put down for her weight by rude ass guys on here..who have no room to judge! Weight to me is a number...it dosent affect who I am as a person..or my self-confidence....But i am damn sick and tired of guys like you on here who constantly bash on people for their outside apperance...dont like big girls...dont look at us...dont respond to our posts...everyone is beautiful to someone....and no one deserves to be put down based on apperance..if God wanted everyone to look the same...he would have...but we come in all sizes, colors and shapes....
 Say Hi to David
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/7/2005 2:48:36 PM
Because fat girls are unacceptable while skinny girls are what society expects of any guy with game and a real job.
 dakota5369
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/7/2005 3:10:42 PM
umm, please show me where i insulted big girls? i only said it is unhealthy and to be honest about who you are. i know in our pc society it is not nice to speak the truth, but i have never been pc. if we keep fooling ourselves into saying that unhealthy living is ok, then changes will never be made. but that is not even why i posted this. my original point was not to label yourself as big and beautiful, let others judge that (isn't that what you said)! The only thing i said which could remotely be considered as offensive is my comment about the attire some overweight ladies wear. Even then, i only said it because i feel bad for the way they are laughed at. So if you take all this as offensive, that is your issue. i am not bothered by big people at all.
 SweetKristine
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/7/2005 4:10:17 PM
Dakota..im not gonna argue anymore

I think im a beautiful person not on the outside but because i have a huge heart..and i dont care how others judge me...some like me..some dont...to each his own :)
 dakota5369
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/7/2005 6:23:13 PM
oxo, if you would have read my first post i asked why was it not ok when thin girls did that, but it was ok for "big-boned" women too. everyone has there own opinion of what they look like. as for you sweet, you do not even answer any comment i make, you just are convinced that i am personally attacking you. like i said, it all goes back to self-esteem that you "claim" to have. read back through my posts and if you are honest with yourself, you wil see that you are arguing with yourself!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why is it when a guy likes thick girls, its a fetish, but not when he likes skinny girls?