Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Anyone interested in a family friendly float?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 alpinebryon
Msg: 2
Anyone interested in a family friendly float?Page 1 of 1    
I'll go it all depends on when you want to set it up.or if you need help.I can help you pst it.
 RhondaLynn1122
Msg: 6
Anyone interested in a family friendly float?
Posted: 7/23/2009 6:32:54 AM
The biggest problem you have here is trying to post an event that doesn't include everyone. (people that don't have children). It is against the rules, and on a personal note, would be kinda weird for people to show interest that don't have children???

I take my boys every year on a float trip and they "love it". They are older now 21 & 17, so it has to include their girlfriends...lol..but still it is always a good time.

Just a word of caution, get permission from the event moderator before posting an official event, you don't want to lose privies on your first event.

Good Luck and happy floating!!
 terry40
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2009 6:34:12 AM
Not sure i can make it out that far the next cpl weekends, plus I'm broke so i couldn't afford to rent anything or camp. If your interested in something a little closer and doing a day trip, there's a new outfitter in eureka, don't know much about them, and Washington state park south of desoto but their limited on the number of rafts and canoes available. If you need any help on that holler. Sorry cant be anymore help but this summer has been pretty crappy and I'm deleting my profile after the float trip on the 21st,which i don't think i cant make either, i guess I'm fun but not datable.
 terry40
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2009 7:29:55 AM
After 4 yrs i get the hint, I think its easier not to date then to keep getting disappointed.
BUT anyway if you want to do a day float, i could make a few calls and see what i can do. You can maybe post it as family friendly but not limited to. I'd ask the moderate too. Washington state park on Big river is a nice float, its a 3 or 6 mile float. Its in my neck of the woods and i know it like the back of my hand, you saw me working on my float trip i know what i'm doing lol.
But with the float on aug 21 coming soon, you might not get too many ppl OR you might get alot that want to do something with the kids before school starts. who knows
 sinlov
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2009 5:33:30 PM
HEY I would go on a family friendly float, I was so unaware that this one coming up wasn't. "nearly got my ars beat, for suggesting bringing them. LOL" I HAD MY MIND WRAP AROUND CALMNESS WHERE IT USUALLY IS......and having a laid back good time. The hosts certainly brought up stuff I never dreamed of , if one should let theres wander off. Personnally, I thought we would look out for one another. I don't know how old your babies are. But mine are 18 and 20, and still causing me grief. Which s the main reason I want to get awayyyyy anyway. Hey maybe something like a six flags day in the park would be great!!!! What ever you want to do I will support you .
 terry40
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2009 9:13:33 AM
I called washington state park, their too small to set up for anything real big, they have like 8 canoes and a cpl rafts. You can look up their website just type in washington state park desoto mo, and see their price's.
If you pass it around by word of mouth(emails lol) instead of officially setting up an event, might be able to set something up the weekends of the 8th or 15th. I have my own kayaks so i dont have to rent. Its a 3 mile float and i've seen ppl on tubes or even small rafts and takes 3-5 hrs to float depending how much swimming you do.
Spread the word and see what we have
terry
 terry40
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2009 10:05:40 AM
One last update, looks like sunday's are the best day to get more canoes to rent, so i'm looking at 9th or 16th
 alpinebryon
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/27/2009 2:51:21 PM
HAVE ANY ONE TALK WITH THE FOLKS THAT RUN CHEROKEE LANDING.DONT THEY PUT IN AT WASHINGTON STATE PARK TOO
 terry40
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2009 3:28:15 PM
No, they put in 6 miles up from hwy 67 and st francios state park. They offer a 6 mile and 2 mile float. This time a yr you'll drag alot doing the 6 miler and the 2 miler isnt worth the money in my opinion.
 terry40
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2009 6:25:55 PM
I wrote the moderate and if its cool i'll post the event at washington state park for the 16th a sunday. Its has very limit rentals and usually all reservated the weekend before so you'd have to be quick to rent or bring something to float on. I've seen ppl in tubes float it but you dont have any place to put lunch or drinks. I float that section a cpl times a yr so i know it like the back of my hand.
But being limited cant guanitee alot ppl will go, worth a shot
terry
 terry40
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2009 5:09:30 AM
I spent an hour last nite writing up the event and sent it to the moderator for approval, but since i'm mean and have a negative attitude i'm gonna pass. I have it saved and if anyone is interested in taking the event over i can email the all the details.
thanks and you all have fun
 sinlov
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2009 7:03:09 AM
Terry don't you dare. You know I am joking and we all want you to come. Please don't be a negative master Please, come on you certainly can dish it out, LOL
COME ON MAN YOU KNOW I WAS JUST JOKING!!!! PLEASE DON'T BE THIS WAY. WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT BEING " NEGATIVE". (SMILE) YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO COORDINATE THINGS, COME ON!! I TOLD YOU I STILL LOVE YOU!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Anyone interested in a family friendly float?