Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > help!...microwave eggs      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 raxarsr
Msg: 1
view profile
History
help!...microwave eggsPage 1 of 1    
does anyone have a successful way of cooking eggs in a microwave?..........i've tried several ways i've read about..from hard boiled to omelettes....so far..basically i got golf balls and rubber mats.......please!.anyone?
 untamed one
Msg: 2
help!...microwave eggs
Posted: 7/24/2009 8:48:59 PM
When my micro- smasher died after 22 years , i didn't replace it , it's ugly on the counter , and I resent Food Inc , trying to sell me 3 minute food , will get along just fine with a crock pot and frying pan .
 SAguy_06
Msg: 3
help!...microwave eggs
Posted: 7/25/2009 7:04:21 AM
My easiest way is out of the shell in some sort of liquid.

I start some salsa in a bowl and heat till hot, then crack some eggs onto that and prick the yolk and heat I watch till the white starts to set, then I flip eggs, the heat of the bowl and salsa cook the second side...

I guess you could use watewr or chicken broth...even chili

good luck
 Moonchild51
Msg: 4
view profile
History
help!...microwave eggs
Posted: 7/25/2009 9:35:58 AM
Saguy that one sounds good! Just take it out and flip on some toast! Have to try that one.
I have taken and whipped some eggs with milk, salt and pepper. Nuked those. Have also done what Doc mentioned with respect to poaching. Works much much better in the micro! Just yesterday, I got two microwave egg cookers from the Canadian Eggy framers! My sister loves to send us odd things she finds. Apparently, after adding salt, piercing the egg yolk, you cook for 35 secs and let stand for 10 seconds! Can't wait to try em!
 TheReason_
Msg: 5
view profile
History
help!...microwave eggs
Posted: 7/25/2009 7:39:43 PM
As other have said. Grease a bowl, throw in 3 eggs, stir them up, I throw in chopped mushrooms. I nuke mine for 2:20. Instead of plastic wrap on top, I place a plate on top of the bowl, it allows it to keep the heat in, and rises with the eggs, if they get that high.

Enjoy.

Given a choice, I prefer to cook my eggs like this as well. (When I'm not making an omlette)

Steam-Fried Eggs:
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, heat butter until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
-Break and slip eggs into pan.
-Immediately reduce heat to low.
-Cook until edges turn white, about 1 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon water
- Cover pan tightly with lid to hold in steam.
- Cook until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard.
--Remove from pan and season as desired.
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 6
view profile
History
help!...microwave eggs
Posted: 7/26/2009 11:47:41 AM
I find that the thing I miss with a microwaved egg..is the bits of bacon and the bacon flavour that comes from a skillet when you fry them. So I got to thinking..What if I microwaved some bacon..and then added crumbled bacon to the eggs I scramble in a microwave safe cup. It was much better to make a breakfast wrap with, or even eat straight up on a plate. Since then I've experimented adding some cheese, green onion and peppers to the mixture..but the peppers and onions seem to add too much moisture...so I'm back to eating them raw in the wrap I make...it tastes pretty good with a little salsa in the morning...
 mikey1944
Msg: 7
view profile
History
help!...microwave eggs
Posted: 8/17/2009 6:41:07 PM
Micro waving eggs is easy! I do it 3 or 4 times a week. Break a couple eggs in a microwave safe bowl. Put about 3 teaspoons of water on them, do not use milk!
I then whip them good with a fork, add a little cheder shreaded cheese, maybe some cut up boiled ham, or bacon(already cooked) salt and peper to taste. Whip it all up good with the fork. add a couple pats of butter on the top. Then cover . Turn on high for about 2 and a half minutes. Let it set for a while, it will still be cooking when it runs out of time. It always turnes out good for me. The water is the secret, it makes steam to cook ingrediants. Good luck. Let me know how it turned out!
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > help!...microwave eggs