Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Is being a virgin a turn off ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PrinceEric
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Is being a virgin a turn off ?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I would remove “virgin” from your profile. There is nothing wrong with being a virgin but including that information at the front end is kind of creepy.
Work on that profile a bit. Have some fun with it!
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 16
Is being a virgin a turn off ?
Posted: 7/26/2009 2:07:46 PM
If they don't know you're a virgin, it won't affect them. Why tell them right from the out-set? There's no point to that, especially at your age of 18. I think they don't respond because you lied about your age initially (20), and then put 18.

I don't think girls within the realm of 18-20 have too much a problem of a guy who's a virgin, as long as his personality doesn't fit the stereotype (shy, beta male type, apprehensive about many things, etc). Plus, you don't have to tell anyone you're a virgin. WHY?
 Blakkardaberry
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2009 11:32:23 PM
Being a virgin does not mean anything but if you think people are making judgements based on that fact I would lose the virgin thing from my profile besides don't you think its a lil too much information. If you meet someone and they find you attractive that fact that you are won't make that much difference to them.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/27/2009 12:11:36 AM
UGH, my first husband was a virgin at 25, then I gave in and he proposed the next day, LOL.
The sex always sucked though, because his INTEREST level was not such that he particularly cared to learn what to do or when to do it. He was so used to masturbation that it had become the norm for him, and making love to me was 'a lot of trouble'. Boy that did wonders for my self-esteem!!!

Sorry, but I would be wary of a virgin if they were too old. To me it would say, as it did once before, that sex was not high on the list of priorities in their relationships, and perhaps is a signal that they have never had any type of relationship that got far enough to become sexual.

I'm sure there are 30 year old virgins who will argue with me about never having a relationship, but seriously, if you aren't into sex, just admit it, don't use religion or any other reason to cover up the truth...you just aren't that interested.

I want a sexual partner as well as a mental and emotional one. But that's me...I'm sure there are plenty out there who feel differently.
Beth
 jonjon87
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2009 6:19:28 PM
hahaaahahahaahahahah what an idiot hhaahahahahahaahha u need to get slapped for that i think you need some with your game son.

to you kid
 nutty322
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2009 2:49:58 AM

thanks for saying im cute not many say that to me

I can't believe that!!
anyways - in my opinion no it doesnt matter. I mean it may be a little daunting for the girl at first if she isn't very experienced herself, and she was hoping for maybe someone who would be able to take the lead with her. But it is nice that you are saving yourself for the right person.
Personally I have been with a couple of guys as their first, and for me I think it actually makes it a lot more special because you know that you are the person that they have chosen to lose it to. and i think you have a much closer bond and connection with that person afterwards because they have given you a very special gift - love, trust etc.
Don't waste your time worrying over these girls that just pass you by as soon as they see it - they're clearly not the kinda person you would want to be losing it to anyway!
 spitfire6844
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2009 6:31:07 AM

i message them saying hey thanks for looking at my profile and how are they but i never get a reply.

Don't thank someone merely for looking at your profile...that's desperation. Make normal pleasantries when you contact someone. Tell her some positive things about yourself such as hobbies you have and what you like to do when you go out. Being a virgin is incidental. You can mention it; but you shouldn't make a big deal out of it either way. Don't come across to others as if that defines your life.

Work on your writing. Most women hate excessively bad grammar, punctuation, and spelling on this site. That's what's destroying your game right now as much as anything.
 _Paradoximus_Maximus
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/31/2009 7:48:34 PM
I was going to put that on mine to see if it helped -- but I suspect my kids are on here and they might rat me out.... Seriously -- how's that virgin thing working out for you....?

For the love of God why would you do that... It is the last thing that could make you appear desirable. The short answer to your question is "Yes" being a virgin is a turn-off...

Even to virgins it won't improve your presentation.
 E_Squared817
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2009 11:46:52 AM
The one thing that I wonder is why some people would care either way if a guy hasn't done it yet. I was once given crap for it by someone who I talked to about a year ago. She had this opinion about how it was deemed strange/weird how a guy is a virgin and in his 20s. I don't know how I would react if a girl who I really liked and returned the favor, and then it got to a point and I admit that I haven't done the deed and she would go 180 on me. Now that is something I would not take well. To the girls who would rather have an experienced partner, does a guy who has been around the block seem appealing to you? What if he had the clap or some other disease? He is experienced, right?
 anunu
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/17/2009 3:10:18 PM
Personally for me, a virgin is a turn off

I really don't want to have to teach someone the ropes. I have a hard enough time trying to find a non virgin that can handle me sexually
 E_Squared817
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2009 4:12:10 PM

It would depend on your ages like if you were 16 or 17 it would be ok but by the time you turn 2o you shouldn't be a virgin anymore, I would be questioning why and I would be thinking something is mentally wrong with you if you were still a virgin in your 20's. The number 1 reason I wont date a virgin is because I don't want to teach , I want someone that already knows what they doing and I want someone that has no hangups.

Its easy to get sex now go get yourself laid :P

My, my, aren't you the narrow minded one?
 dwayne88
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2009 5:43:24 AM

Its easy to get sex now go get yourself laid :P

No it isn't easy to get laid.

If it were, I would have been laid by now.

And no I would never do a hooker.

..................................................................................
 dwayne88
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2009 9:27:31 AM

Ask an open minded friend, there is a ton of options

I do not have any open minded friends, or any female friends at all.

I do not see the options at all.

Getting laid isn't as easy as people make it out to be.
 E_Squared817
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2009 10:29:36 AM
It isn't that easy, unless the girl you try with at first is easy at going all the way with her. In some cases, sometimes you end up with someone who claims that she doesn't want a guy who is just looking to get some. Of course, someone once told me that it isn't that hard, however, I tend to disagree. I am mostly indifferent on the subject of sex, but it's not like I would mind getting into that with a woman, but sometimes I think if I think I were to date a girl, then it would be more likely that she would like to wait, whether she is a virgin or not.
 dwayne88
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2009 10:49:20 AM
I'd be willing to wait if I was with a girl. But i'd without a doubt want it.

And if I knew it wasn't gonna happen, then I couldn't be with that person.

I think sex is a very natural thing for people to do, and it can be frustrating when your left on the outside of it, having never too part in anything sexual other masturbation by yourself.

And sex is only easy to get if your a woman or Brad Pitt.
 Soybomb
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2009 11:39:42 PM
I don't see why, everyone is/was one at some point in their life.
 dwayne88
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 1:12:47 PM

Sex isn't too hard to get if you lower your standards

I myself do not have high standards at all.

The only things I won't do is go to a hooker or have sex wtih a drunk girl......not that one has ever offered or anything.
 Mr.Versatility
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/23/2009 1:19:09 PM
I think Being a Virgin is Great really...

Theres no shame there, just be who you are and dont ever change for anyone, because the right guy for you will love you regardless of anything else!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Is being a virgin a turn off ?