Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Asking out a coffee girl      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lorelei540
Msg: 4
Asking out a coffee girlPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
So now, I'm going to Starbucks three out of five workdays at 6 am to see her and getting a latte so I can talk to her.
Don't do that. Get a latte when you want to drink a latte, not when you need a crushgirl-fix.

The only way to ask her out is to ask her out --- "hey I really like talking to you would you like to get together after work today to [something outside since you've both been inside all day and it's summer]."

But don't be surprised if she says no. She's at work. She may be friendly by nature and she may even like you, but she's also friendly because customer service is her job.

I think it's odd to have latte's in the morning, so do you think she suspects anything?
You want to keep it a secret that you're attracted to her?
 Okietokie88
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Asking out a coffee girl
Posted: 7/27/2009 6:37:15 PM
As a former coffee jockey I can give you a bit of advice.....become different and criticize Starbucks whenever the joke permits,most people who work a coffee shops are intelligent and realize what we do is detrimental to the world and feeds only the corporate fat cats making gobs of money at the expense of cheap labor and naive customers....i know it seems snide but trust me, to date Ive never met a barista that'll ever spew praises of their job when having to work mornings and all hours of the night. sounds dumb but trust me bro, good luck and if that fails talk about the last three things you've read.....all and all all we do is read, drink coffee, and talk about how after the cigarette in our hand were quitting for good lol
 justinjames2
Msg: 10
Asking out a coffee girl
Posted: 7/27/2009 9:00:31 PM
I wouldn't ask her at work... come up with something fun and make a suggestion that your going to be at a bar or something with some friends and having fun that if shes interested she should come out and have some (safe) fun. If shes good looking as you suggest, she probably has options so during the week is better... If you approach her directly at work she easily may slip into 'No, I dont date customers' or other defense she uses. If shes interested she may make the effort. Make it easy for her to say yes or no, if shes not into you.

However it kind of sounds to me like you have a case of one-itis and sending off stalker signals... Dont be creepy....

JustinJames
 Puppydog54
Msg: 11
Asking out a coffee girl
Posted: 7/27/2009 10:45:53 PM
Hi OP.... I feel for you; I used to be painfully shy when I was your age.

I think Miss Contemplative (I believe it was msg 7) has a good idea. My ex wife was a waitress when I met her and that is similar to the tactic I used.

Good luck, man!
 winteragain
Msg: 13
Asking out a coffee girl
Posted: 7/27/2009 11:03:59 PM
if she's interested in your old university be like, DUDE, I used to go there. There's this awesome hangout spot I used to hit up with my exgirlfriend before I dumped her for her best friend. wanna get together and i show ya what im talkin about. DO IT BRO
 HazelRose
Msg: 18
Asking out a coffee girl
Posted: 7/28/2009 3:50:02 PM
You can do that, or you can try coming by when she is getting off. Just do not come in the mrning, or she will know for sure your intentions!
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Asking out a coffee girl
Posted: 7/28/2009 3:54:14 PM

You can do that, or you can try coming by when she is getting off. Just do not come in the mrning, or she will know for sure your intentions!

The urge to point out all the double entendres is almost too much to bear....
 CourtandSparkler
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Asking out a coffee girl
Posted: 7/31/2009 5:25:59 PM
Go for it.Don't fear rejection. Be bold. Don't spend your life in wonder lust dude.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Asking out a coffee girl