Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama's latest approval ratings.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Obama's latest approval ratings.Page 1 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Monday, July 27, 2009

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 30% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty percent (40%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -10. Yesterday and today are the only time that Obama's Approval Index ratings have fallen to double digits in negative territory.

Fifty-six percent (56%) of Democrats Strongly Approve of his performance while 72% of Republicans Strongly Disapprove.

The Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who Strongly Disapprove from the number who Strongly Approve.

Obama is now seen as politically liberal by 76%. That's up six points from a month ago, 11 points since he was elected, and the highest total to date. Forty-eight percent (48%) now see him as Very Liberal, up 20 points since he was elected.

The President received generally poor grades for his response to a question about a Cambridge police incident involving a black Harvard professor. However, the results show a huge divide between black Americans and white Americans on all questions.

Overall, 49% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Fifty percent (50%) disapprove. It is important to remember that the Rasmussen Reports job approval ratings are based upon a sample of likely voters. Some other firms base their approval ratings on samples of all adults. President Obama's numbers are always several points higher in a poll of adults rather than likely voters. That's because some of the President's most enthusiastic supporters, such as young adults, are less likely to turn out to vote.

Eight percent (8%) of American adults now rate the economy as good or excellent. That's unchanged since the beginning of the year. Fifty-seven percent (57%) now say the economy is in poor shape. That's down from 64% when the year began.

While the President's ratings have slipped over the past month, 54% believe that
President George W. Bush is still primarily to blame for the nation's economic problems. Just 25% believe that the economic stimulus package has helped the economy.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Not looking good for Obama right now.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Obama's latest approval ratings.
Posted: 7/28/2009 8:48:43 AM

Obama is now seen as politically liberal by 76%. That's up six points from a month ago, 11 points since he was elected, and the highest total to date. Forty-eight percent (48%) now see him as Very Liberal, up 20 points since he was elected.

Makes you wonder just what in the heck these people thought he was? A centrist? A fiscal conservative with liberal leanings on social issues? LMAO. He had the most liberal voting record in the Senate...and with Kennedy, Frank, Schumer, etc., that's a pretty impressive accomplishment.

I suppose better late, than never, though.

~ds~
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2009 1:25:20 PM
There's no limit to the nonsense a wingnut will believe just so long as they like the way it sounds. They'll ignore 20 polls just to get to the one that they like

That's really funny coming from you.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2009 1:38:47 PM
Jack--

What do international numbers matter?

Last time I checked their vote didn't count, or did ACORN figure out a way to include them too?
 wisguyingb
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/4/2009 5:22:14 AM
Mr President,

(1) What ever happened with renegotiating NAFTA?

(2) What ever happened to getting rid of the income tax for seniors whom make less then 50 thousand a year?

(3)What ever happened to not having lobbyists in your Administration?

(4) What ever happened to not signing a (Non-emergency) bill until the public has had 5 days to look at it online?

Shall we keep going?.......

Stories of 1-4 below

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/19/MNN516157K.DTL&type=politics

http://money.cnn.com/2007/12/12/pf/taxes/campaign08_incometax_proposals/index.htm?postversion=2007121210

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/02/03/Obama-defends-lobbyist-hires/UPI-18941233663512/

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090128/pl_politico/18128

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5t8GdxFYBU

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0209/18441.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS208330+17-Feb-2009+PRN20090217
 EarlzP
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2009 8:02:13 PM

It's nothing to cheer or celebrate over. From where I sit, we are all losers unless there are some drastic changes in where our President is leading us.

As long as the republicans are screaming bloody murder you can rest assured that President Obama is taking us in the right direction, I sleep so good at night when I see the representatives of big business "republicans" screaming, you know what it reminds me of ? Have you ever seen an addict when they are being weaned off of the drug they are addicted to, that's what I see and hear when I listen to the republican party. their drug is the life blood of the middle class they have become so accustomed to sucking the life out of our economy that they are now having withdrawal pains. Maybe President Obama will be able to breathe some life back into our economy inspite of the republican effort to stop him,
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2009 11:20:48 PM

I sleep so good at night when I see the representatives of big business "republicans" screaming, you know what it reminds me of ?

Reminds me of democrats about 9 months ago.
 EarlzP
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:37:53 AM

^^^^^^Well we are still waiting for that new life in the economy after using credit to pay off debt and our free health care, houses, TV and cars....But wait, someone might actually have to work for these, Oh no, but I thought we were going to get something for "free" Yeah whatever................. Lets see how many folks are currently without jobs..

How many businesses are going to hire if they have to pay higher taxes????

How many businesses were hiring when they were given tax breaks? President Obama is way to concerned with the capitalist, I think he should declare an economic state of emergency and nationalize any business that laid off American workers while maintaining or increasing workers outside of the United States, We need to send a message to corporations that want to suck the life blood out of the American economy that it is over we will no longer tolerate their anti american ways

What are these things ^^^^^^

^^^Abraham Lincoln was a Republican..... ^^^^^ So when are you going to start blaming him for the economy????...

Abraham Lincoln was a republican who understood what it meant to be a republican both President Lincoln and President Obama are men of action who represent the American populace, he would change parties if he was a Republican today. President Lincoln was a brillant man who knew what would happen if corporations took over running our country as you can see from the quotes below

Corporations
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to
tremble for the safety of my country; corporations have been enthroned, an era of
corruption in High Places will follow, and the Money Power of the Country will
endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the People, until
the wealth is aggregated in a few hands, and the Republic is destroyed."
Abraham Lincoln
Source:http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quote_blog/Abraham.Lincoln.Quote.4F97

President Lincoln knew that he was a servant to the people and that he represented the will of the people not the will of the corporations, he would have the majority of todays republicans tried and executed for treason

Creative Opportunity
(GOP DEBT POLICY, Borrow and Spend?)
"The government should create, issue, and circulate all the currency and credit needed to satisfy the spending power of the government and the buying power of consumers. The privilege of creating and issuing money is not only the supreme
prerogative of government, but it is the government’s greatest creative opportunity. The financing of all public enterprise, and the conduct of the treasury will become matters of practical administration. Money will cease to be master and will then become servant of humanity."
Abraham Lincoln
Source:http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quote_blog/Abraham.Lincoln.Quote.B712

To defame President Lincoln by suggesting that he would condone the treasoness behavior of the majority of todays republicans and some democrats should be a crime

Reminds me of democrats about 9 months ago.

President Obama will take back our country from these modern day carpetbaggers be they republican or democrat
 EarlzP
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:54:22 AM

Thirty-seven percent (37%) said they believe the Obama administration is a "failure," while 51% consider it a "success" and 11% say it's still "too soon to tell."

An identical question was asked of the Bush administration in an August 2001 CNN/Gallup/USA Today survey. At the time, 56% said the Bush administration was a "success" while only 32% considered it a "failure."

So it looks like only 11% of the people polled realise that 7 months in office is too short a time period to make a judgement of failure or success, seems reasonable to me
 EarlzP
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:35:06 PM

From our vantage point north of the border, if you don't want him we'll trade you for him and give you one Prime Minister, the entire BLOC Party, and three premiers to be named later.

No deal, no disrespect to your Prime Minister but I think we have a winner in President Obama and he came along just in time
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 7:42:06 PM

No deal, no disrespect to your Prime Minister but I think we have a winner in President Obama and he came along just in time

...........to completely wreck what tiny bit of financial security the U.S. had left.

Since when did you become spokesman for the entire population? I think about 48% of us (number growing daily) would trade him for a pack of gum right now. I'd trade him for one piece.

BTW :
Do you get paid by the letter or word? You've been busier than usual in the Presidental keester-smootching department today. If it pays well enough I might even sign on, but I won't pretend to speak for everybody, just those writing the check.

Here I'll start now, for the benefit of the gentleman who'd like to relieve 48% (number growing daily) of us.

Obama is really a great guy, who only cares about this country. Don't even let it concern you that he promised to take no public funding for his election, then broke that promise. Many might say it was the first of several broken promises, but it is all for the greater good, because Obama is the all knowing clairvoyant whose very presence in a room causes many to get tingley feelings running up their legs. He can do no wrong, and anything he says is an instant fact and must not be disputed by anyone. Anyone who does dare dispute this man sent down from the heavens to save America from itself must be ridiculed and labeled as an anti-American who should leave this country immediately if not sooner.

How's that?
 EarlzP
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 7:53:53 PM

BTW :
Do you get paid by the letter or word? You've been busier than usual in the Presidental keester-smootching department today. If it pays well enough I might even sign on, but I won't pretend to speak for everybody, just those writing the check.

No pay, I do it for free for my country and all of the future generations to come. I have no trouble telling fact from fiction you just look for an R or D in front of a name and bingo it's clear as a bell.

President's Obama's insight does make me wonder if he is not super human.

48% is that less then 52%
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 8:02:31 PM
The future generations (with a huge bill thanks to Obama) called and asked me to convey a message:

No more help please, you've done enough.

President's Obama's insight does make me wonder if he is not super human.

Now I know you're getting paid!!!!!!!

I have no trouble telling fact from fiction you just look for an R or D in front of a name and bingo it's clear as a bell.

And delusional too. Most people are smart enough to take either letter behind a statement with a grain of salt.
 EarlzP
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2009 4:35:51 AM

And delusional too. Most people are smart enough to take either letter behind a statement with a grain of salt.

Sorry there are some republicans that actually want to represent the best interests of the people and not the interests of special interests and some democrats that are building their nest egg at the expense of the people who elected them
 EarlzP
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2009 4:59:34 AM

Ya know,

Sounds like you have been spending time with Sara hunting helpless animals from a helicopter, ya know

I am constantly telling my Christian friends that Barack Hussein Obama is NOT the antichrist, just playing for the same team... but when I see stuff like this, it really makes me wonder... The bible does say the Anti-Christ will eventually declare himself to be a God... I don't see how he could do that unless people view him as "super human"...

Good spin, ya know what they say, if you throw enough sh-t against a wall some of it will stick and you have another 7 years and 5 months so enjoy yourself ya know
 wisguyingb
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/7/2009 6:48:12 AM
I think it's kinda a double standard that Candidate Obama told his supporters in 2008 to quote "Argue with your friends and neighbors and get in their face!"
And when the American people go to these town hall meetings over health care and do just that, they are labeled as right wing extremists.

Here is a video(s) of Candidate Obama telling his supporters to argue with friends and neighbors and get in their face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCMDur9CDZ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eszcEC4sk0o
 wisguyingb
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/7/2009 10:02:52 AM
In reply to post 35

Jack, you forgot to mention the George W Bush Joker picture that Vanity Fair put out first. I suppose you are outraged about that as well?

To see the picture use the below link

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/politics/2008/07/bush-as-joker.html

And in reply to post #36

Fooled, I assume you are also outraged when the left/liberals also protested a few years ago and used nazi/Hitler comparison's with President Bush (W)

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=617
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=1679439
http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2006-10-11-bush-hitler_x.htm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/simmermon/3606111/

wisguyingb
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/7/2009 10:54:05 AM
In reply to post 39

Well you did give a .......enough to post the Obama Joker picture. So that's a bit confusing to me. On one hand you let all of us know about all about the Obama Joker poster. But then "you don't care either way" when confronted with the fact that the Bush (W) Joker picture came before the Obama Joker poster.

Hey, I like both of the President Joker pictures.

And yes, if what Pelosi said is true and a Media figure/network lied about it, then yes that is very outrageous to me. The job of the media is to broadcast the story in it's whole form. It's very unfortunate that we have a media system that pit's Americans of different political ideologies against each other by skewing the stories that they broadcast.

Both President Joker pictures and the Nazi/Hitler comparisons that the left and the right have used when protesting do not offend me personally. That's just our beloved freedom of speech working.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2009 11:18:41 PM
Just saw this while checking my email:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090806/ts_alt_afp/uspoliticsobama_20090806123511.

Here's a few juicy tidbits:

WASHINGTON, Aug 6, 2009 (AFP) – US President Barack Obama's approval rating has slumped to 50 percent, the lowest since his inauguration, according to a poll released Thursday on the eve of his 200th day in office.

Quinnipiac University said the president's job approval rating dipped to 50 percent, versus 42 percent who disapprove -- a reflection of growing unease over Obama's handling of the economy, which sank into a devastating recession last year prompting his administration to unleash a deficit-stretching stimulus package, and health care which faces a critical overhaul in Congress.

"The president is right on the magic 50-percent threshold in public approval because of bad grades on the economy and even worse grades on health care," said Peter Brown, assistant director of Quinnipiac's Polling Institute.

"The good news... is that American voters still see him as better able to handle the economy and health care than Republicans in Congress," Brown said. "The bad news is his margins are shrinking."

another aspect of the poll:

By 46-37 percent, respondents said Obama himself acted "stupidly" in the dispute, and by a margin of 62-26 percent they said Obama should not have intervened at all.
 EarlzP
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2009 8:04:08 AM

"The president is right on the magic 50-percent threshold in public approval because of bad grades on the economy and even worse grades on health care," said Peter Brown, assistant director of Quinnipiac's Polling Institute.

Keep dreaming it's not where someone is in the beginining of a race that counts it is where he finishes that counts.
 EarlzP
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2009 3:11:05 PM

Pictures?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/06/anti-obama-protester-comp_n_252815.html

Another example (ss symbol)

http://rawstory.com/blog/2009/08/ss-nazi-sign/

Just another way for those who have nothing of value to say to show their intellectual level.

In my opinion this is disorderly conduct and should be treated as such, these are meetings where those without a real arguement just shout to disrupt the meeting, it's not freedom of speech, it's a mob preventing freedom of speech
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2009 3:45:57 PM

However... If you had GW Bush in "Black Face" you would be talking about a Racist image.

"Black Face " and Joker are not the same....The problem is the Joker or White face takes on a lot of racial history with Obama ......... not the same as the joker.... I bet a lot racist see it that way...

Not sure what you're talking about here...that Obama should be defending Bush? Because afterall, they both are 'more' white than black? You do realize, Obama is more Caucasion than Black, right? Or, do you simply view him as Black?

In my opinion this is disorderly conduct and should be treated as such

And in 'your' opinion, what is "disorderly conduct"? And, just 'how' would you 'treat' disorderly conduct? (HINT: please don't say by 'getting together and having a beer'.)

In terms of his ratings...Obama will be a one-termer and lame duck the second two years of his Presidency...Thank Gawd!

~ds~
 geeleebee
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/13/2009 2:54:05 PM

And why is 10 million an "enormous" number when they believe the way you do, but 47 million uninsured is a "small" number on the health care threads?

Excellent point.

I wonder how many of those '10 million' have insurance.

I've asked this question before and never received an answer: If you are one of the uninsured, how do you plan to pay for medical expenses, should you incur them?
I you rely on Medicare/Medicaid, how is that different from what is being offered in the various HCR proposals being discussed?

Would you pay the bill yourself, by borrowing money?
Would you ask the government for help?

What would you do?

Obama's approval rating is basically meaningless at this point. This country is in a state of flux, and the numbers will go up and down accordingly.
 geeleebee
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/13/2009 3:20:20 PM

Tom Castillo says 'our won think its think 100's of thousands".

That doesn't make any sense at all.

Like I said whatever the numbers it was huge enough for those of us NUMEROUS people that have had it with the government;Democrats and Republicans alike.

'Government'? Or just this president.
And so generous to allow him to attempt to govern for eight whole months.
 sd_matt
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/14/2009 2:50:18 PM
Getting to the truth is easier than you think.

There are people out there that were calling out a warning that our economy could be in for a serious crash, maybe a depression, years before it happened.

You can see the footage of these people on YouTube, Break.com ect.... some of these warnings go from two years before 2007 to almost THIRTY years ago. Keyword search "predicted economic collapse" "foresaw economic collapse" ect ect....

These are the only ones I listen to nowadays when it comes to economics. Until all of you do the same you will continue to get swindled by both the Dems and Reps.

Find the people, I already have. We can compare names.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama's latest approval ratings.