Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Georgia  > Obama Supports his Cousin Odinga' Killing of Black Christians      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Super Ryan
Msg: 2
Obama Supports his Cousin Odinga' Killing of Black ChristiansPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
"There's a sucker born every minute"
-P.T. Barnum

Raila Odinga is the current Prime Minister of Kenya
Raila Odinga has served as a member of parliament since 1992
Raila Odinga is a Christian and has been his entire life
Raila Odinga is not President Obama's cousin
 Wheresmydog
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Obama Supports his Cousin Odinga' Killing of Black Christians
Posted: 8/5/2009 1:34:33 AM
Super, want to name your sources?
 Super Ryan
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/5/2009 10:19:38 AM

Super, want to name your sources?

It came from wikipedia. I know that's a lazy mans source.
But not as lazy as asking for a source on something you have no reason to doubt, and did not research yourself.
 ZeesMuset
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/5/2009 4:14:35 PM
Wikipedia is not really reliable... it's kept up by anyone who walks in. Sorry.

Actually, I'm more concerned about the things I'm hearing that is coming out about the health care bill.

First it's a CRAPPY bill - and I'll list some of the problems in a minute.

Second - any website that is against the bill, is dissappearing. Madame Speaker doesn't want anyone to pick the plan apart and see the many holes of Swiss in them.

Lastly, I've HEARD a rumor - a RUMOR - that the White House is now paying people 20.00 to snitch on their friends for 'spreading misinformation' about the wonderful health care bill.

Sadly, the so-called misinformation I'm listing was CONFIRMED by my Congressional representative.

Pg 16: SEC. 102. PROTECTING THE CHOICE TO KEEP CURRENT COVERAGE. lines 3-26 of the HC Bill – OUTLAWS PRIVATE INSURANCE by forbidding enrollment after HR 3022 is passed into law.

ACCORDING TO MY CONGRESSMAN - private insurance companies have 5 years to conform to their plan.

Pg 21-22: SEC. 113. INSURANCE RATING RULES of the HC Bill MANDATES the Government will audit books of ALL EMPLOYERS that self insure!!

Pg 29: SEC. 122. ESSENTIAL BENEFITS PACKAGE DEFINED: lines 4-16 in the HC bill – YOUR HEALTHCARE IS RATIONED!!!

CONFIRMED BY MY CONGRESSMAN!

Pg 30: SEC. 123. HEALTH BENEFITS ADVISORY COMMITTEE of HC bill – THERE WILL BE A GOVERNMENT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benefits you get.

CONFIRMED BY MY CONGRESSMAN!

Pg 42: SEC. 142. DUTIES AND AUTHORITY OF COMMISSIONER of HC Bill – The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your HC Benefits for you. You have no choice!

PG 50-51: SEC. 152. PROHIBITING DISCRIMINATION IN HEALTH CARE in HC bill – HC will be provided to ALL non US citizens, ILLEGAL or otherwise.

CONFIRMED BY MY CONGRESSMAN. ALSO STATED THEY WON"T PAY A DIME FOR IT!!!!!

Pg 58: SEC. 163. ADMINISTRATIVE SIMPLIFICATION HC Bill – Government will have real-time access to individual’s finances and a National ID Healthcard will be issued!

Pg 59: SEC. 163. ADMINISTRATIVE SIMPLIFICATIONHC Bill lines 21-24 Government will have DIRECT access to your BANK ACCOUNTS for electronic funds transfer. This means the government can go in and take your money right out of your bank account.

PG 65: SEC. 164. REINSURANCE PROGRAM FOR RETIREES is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in Unions and community orgs (ACORN).

Pg 72: SEC. 201. ESTABLISHMENT OF HEALTH INSURANCE EXCHANGE; OUTLINE OF DUTIES; DEFINITIONS Lines 8-14 Government is creating an HC Exchange to bring private HC plans under Government control.

PG 84: SEC. 203. BENEFITS PACKAGE LEVELS HC Bill – Government mandates ALL benefit packages for private HC plans in the Exchange

PG 85: SEC. 203. BENEFITS PACKAGE LEVELS Line 7 HC Bill – SPECIFICATION OF BENEFIT LEVELS FOR PLANS = The Government will ration your Healthcare!

CONFIRMED BY MY CONGRESSMAN! And if you suffer from diabetes, asthma, heart disease, etc... prepare to be scrunitzed like no one's business and have benefits DENIED you!

PG 91: SEC. 204. CONTRACTS FOR THE OFFERING OF EXCHANGE-PARTICIPATING HEALTH BENEFITS PLANS Lines 4-7 HC Bill – Government mandates linguistic appropriate services. Example – Translation for illegal aliens!

Pg 95: SEC. 205. OUTREACH AND ENROLLMENT OF EXCHANGE-ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS AND EMPLOYERS IN EXCHANGE-PARTICIPATING HEALTH BENEFITS PLAN HC Bill Lines 8-18 The Government will use groups i.e., ACORN & Americorps to sign up individuals for Government HC plan.

PG 102: SEC. 205. OUTREACH AND ENROLLMENT OF EXCHANGE-ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS AND EMPLOYERS IN EXCHANGE-PARTICIPATING HEALTH BENEFITS PLAN Lines 12-18 HC Bill – Medicaid Eligible Individuals will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid. No choice!

pg 124: SEC. 223. PAYMENT RATES FOR ITEMS AND SERVICES lines 24-25 HC No company can sue the GOVERNMENT on price fixing! No “judicial review” against Government Monopoly!!

pg 127: SEC. 225. PROVIDER PARTICIPATION Lines 1-16 HC Bill – Doctors/ AMA – The Government will tell YOU what you can make.

CONFIRMED BY MY CONGRESSMAN

Pg 145: SEC. 312. EMPLOYER RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS EMPLOYEE AND DEPENDENT COVERAGE Line 15-17 An Employer MUST auto enroll employees into public option plan. NO CHOICE!!

CONFIRMED

Pg 146: SEC. 312. EMPLOYER RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS EMPLOYEE AND DEPENDENT COVERAGE Lines 22-25 Employers MUST pay 4 HC 4 part time employees AND their families.

Pg 149: SEC. 313. EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTIONS IN LIEU OF COVERAGE Lines 16-24 ANY Employer with payroll of $400k and above who does not provide public option pays 8% tax on all payroll.

CONFIRMED. Actually Congressman said ALL business who do not contritibue will pay 8%

pg 150: SEC. 313. EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTIONS IN LIEU OF COVERAGE Lines 9-13 Business’s with payroll between $251k – $400k who doesn’t provide public option pays 2-6% tax on all payroll.

Pg 167: SEC. 401. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE HEALTH CARE COVERAGE Lines 18-23 ANY individual who doesn’t have acceptable HC according to Government will be taxed 2.5% of income.

CONFIRMED - ANY ONE WHO REFUSES OR ISN"T ON THE PLAN WILL PAY I thought 2.2%

Pg 170: SEC. 401. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE HEALTH CARE COVERAGE Lines 1-3 HC Bill Any NONRESIDENT Alien is EXEMPT from individual taxes. (Americans will pay)

CONFIRMED! CITIZENS WILL PAY - NON-CITIZENS WILL NOT! We foot their bill! I think I want to become a Mexican Citizen!

Pg 195: HC Bill – SEC. 421. CREDIT FOR SMALL BUSINESS EMPLOYEE HEALTH COVERAGE EXPENSES Officers and employees of HC Administration (GOVERNMENT) will have access to ALL Americans financial and personal records!

CONFIRMED!

PG 203: SEC. 441. SURCHARGE ON HIGH INCOME INDIVIDUALS Line 14-15 HC – “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax” Yes, it says that!

Pg 239: SEC. 1121. SUSTAINABLE GROWTH RATE REFORM Line 14-24 HC Bill Government will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors, low income, poor affected.

CONFIRMED

Pg 241: SEC. 1121. SUSTAINABLE GROWTH RATE REFORM Line 6-8 HC Bill – Doctors, doesn’t matter what specialty you have, you’ll all be paid the same.

PG 253: SEC. 1122. MISVALUED CODES UNDER THE PHYSICIAN FEE SCHEDULE Line 10-18 Government sets value of Doctor’s time, professional judgment, etc. Literally value of humans.

Gee.... makes me want to go to medical school..... NOT!

PG 265: SEC. 1131. INCORPORATING PRODUCTIVITY IMPROVEMENTS INTO MARKET BASKET UPDATES THAT DO NOT ALREADY INCORPORATE SUCH IMPROVEMENTS. Government mandates and controls productivity for private HC industries.

CONFIRMED - THEY ALSO WILL NOT ALLOW EXPANSION!

PG 268: SEC. 1141. RENTAL AND PURCHASE OF POWER-DRIVEN WHEELCHAIRS. Federal Government regulates rental and purchase of power driven wheelchairs

PG 272: SEC. 1145. TREATMENT OF CERTAIN CANCER HOSPITALS – Cancer patients – welcome to rationing!

CONFIRMED

Page 280: SEC. 1151. REDUCING POTENTIALLY PREVENTABLE HOSPITAL READMISSIONS The Government will penalize hospitals for what Government deems preventable readmissions.

Pg 298: SEC. 1151. REDUCING POTENTIALLY PREVENTABLE HOSPITAL READMISSIONS Lines 9-11 Doctors! Treat a patient during initial admission that results in a readmission? Government will penalize you.

Pg 317: SEC. 1156. LIMITATION ON MEDICARE EXCEPTIONS TO THE PROHIBITION ON CERTAIN PHYSICIAN REFERRALS MADE TO HOSPITALS Lines 13-20 OMG!! PROHIBITION on ownership and investment! Government tells Doctors what and how much they can own!

I see doctors MOVING out of the country... or retiring early...

Pg 317-318: SEC. 1156. LIMITATION ON MEDICARE EXCEPTIONS TO THE PROHIBITION ON CERTAIN PHYSICIAN REFERRALS MADE TO HOSPITALS lines 21-25, 1-3 PROHIBITION on expansion – Government is mandating hospitals cannot expand!

CONFIRMED - I just mentioned it!

pg 321: SEC. 1156. LIMITATION ON MEDICARE EXCEPTIONS TO THE PROHIBITION ON CERTAIN PHYSICIAN REFERRALS MADE TO HOSPITALS Lines 2-13 Hospitals have option to apply for exception BUT community input required. Can you say ACORN?!!

Pg 335: SEC. 1162. QUALITY BONUS PAYMENTS Lines 16-25 Pg 336-339 – Government mandates establishment of outcome based measures. HC the way they want. Rationing

Pg 341: SEC. 1162. QUALITY BONUS PAYMENTS Lines 3-9 Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans, HMOs, etc. Forcing people into Government plan.

CONFIRMED. IF YOU HAVE HEALTH CARE, YOU HAVE FIVE YEARS TO CHANGE OVER!!!!

Pg 354: SEC. 1177. EXTENSION OF AUTHORITY OF SPECIAL NEEDS PLANS TO RESTRICT ENROLLMENT – Government will RESTRICT enrollment of Special needs people! OMG! My sister has Downs Syndrome!!!

CONFIRMED, CONFIRMED, AND CONFIRMED AGAIN!

Pg 379: SEC. 1191. TELEHEALTH EXPANSION AND ENHANCEMENTS Government creates more bureaucracy – Telehealth Advisory Committee Can you say HC by phone?

CONFIRMED!!!! 54 more bureaucratic departments created just for this, to go along with the 50+ with their fingers already established. Will include the IRS!

PG 425: SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Lines 4-12 Government mandates Advance Care Planning Consult. Think Senior Citizens end of life

CONFIRMED

Pg 425: SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Lines 17-19 Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney. Mandatory!

CONFIRMED!

PG 425: SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3 Government provides approved list of end of life resources, guiding you in death!

CONFIRMED!

PG 427: SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Lines 15-24 Government mandates program for orders for end of life. The Government has a say in how your life ends!

CONFIRMED!

Pg 429: SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Lines 1-9 An “advance care planning consultant” will be used frequently as patients health deteriorates.

CONFIRMED!

PG 429: SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Lines 10-12 “advance care consultation” may include an ORDER 4 end of life plans. AN ORDER from GOV

Pg 429: SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Lines 13-25 – The Government will specify which Doctors can write an end of life order.

PG 430: SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Lines 11-15 The Government will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of life.

Pg 469: SEC. 1302. MEDICAL HOME PILOT PROGRAM Community Based Home Medical Services=Non profit organizations. Hello, ACORN Medical Services here!!?

Page 472: SEC. 1302. MEDICAL HOME PILOT PROGRAM Lines 14-17 PAYMENT TO COMMUNITY-BASED ORG. 1 monthly payment 2 a community-based org. Like ACORN

PG 489: SEC. 1308. COVERAGE OF MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPIST SERVICES AND MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR SERVICES The Government will cover Marriage and Family therapy. Which means they will insert Government into your marriage

CONFIRMED CONFIRMED CONFIRMED!!!!

Pg 494-498: SEC. 1308. COVERAGE OF MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPIST SERVICES AND MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR SERVICES Government will cover Mental Health Services including defining, creating, rationing those services.

Isn't this lovely? Who in their right mind would think this is a good thing???? I was told a senator in Penn??? was SHOUTED DOWN at his town hall meeting! It's a disgrace! They are pushing to have abortion put on this thing! Last I heard, abortion was a choice and if a CHOICE is put on there, by God, I want my breast augmentation on there too!!!!

God, they need to wake UP and smell the mob scene!!!!! These congressmen and senators need to fear for their JOBS if they pass Obama-care!!!
 Super Ryan
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/5/2009 10:52:12 PM

Wikipedia is not really reliable... it's kept up by anyone who walks in. Sorry.

At least the words I wrote were my own. I did not cut and paste lies from some right-wing hate site.
As for Raila Odinga , you can check his official website:

http://www.raila07.com/

You can also see his official Kenyan Government listing here:

http://www.statehousekenya.go.ke/government/prime_minister.htm

Or you can even see him listed in the C.I.A. World Fact Book here:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ke.html

Lastly, I've HEARD a rumor - a RUMOR - that the White House is now paying people 20.00 to snitch on their friends for 'spreading misinformation' about the wonderful health care bill.

That's funny, this morning the "rumour" was only that the White House was asking people to snitch on anti heathcare friends and family. What time did somebody decide $20 should be included in the lie.

Like most lies from the right, there is a slight bit of truth and a whole lot of mistruth.

The truth behind this story is that the White House wants people to turn in the bad information filling right wing hate sites and mass chain mails. They do not care who is sending the letters, they simply wat to know the lies being put out to the public so that they can counter it with the truth.
They are not asking for names, only the misinformation. You can read about it here:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Facts-Are-Stubborn-Things/

Actually, I'm more concerned about the things I'm hearing that is coming out about the health care bill.

I would say you are way off topic, but since this thread is about lies, why not pile more lies on top of it.

Second - any website that is against the bill, is dissappearing. Madame Speaker doesn't want anyone to pick the plan apart and see the many holes of Swiss in them.

Pure fantasy.
The web is still loaded with sites promoting all the lies people on the right seem to love.

Besides, don't you think one of the webmasters would have made it onto FoxNews if Polosi was shutting down websites.

Sadly, the so-called misinformation I'm listing was CONFIRMED by my Congressional representative.

Then he/she must be a moron, care to name him/her.

Intead of trusting some obvious liars word for it, why not read the bill yourself.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h3200ih.txt.pdf

Since everyone should be aware that there is no clause for euthanasia. Only a clause allowing people the option of taking voluntary counceling for end of life wishes, it does not force wishes on anyone.

And it would take me far too long to go over the whole rant of plaigerized lies.
I'll only take apart a few gems.

PG 489: SEC. 1308. COVERAGE OF MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPIST SERVICES AND MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR SERVICES The Government will cover Marriage and Family therapy. Which means they will insert Government into your marriage

What a stretch. This section does not force the government into anyones marriage. It only mentions that a government plan would pay for family therapy.

PG 268: SEC. 1141. RENTAL AND PURCHASE OF POWER-DRIVEN WHEELCHAIRS. Federal Government regulates rental and purchase of power driven wheelchairs

Blatent lie.
Sec 1141 is an amendment to Section 1834(a)(7)(A)(iii) of the
5 Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395m(a)(7)(A)(iii)).

All Sec 1141 deals with is, including different types of powerchairs to be covered under social security.
It does not regulate the sale, rental or manufacturing of wheelchairs and powerchairs.

PG 203: SEC. 441. SURCHARGE ON HIGH INCOME INDIVIDUALS Line 14-15 HC – “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax” Yes, it says that!

What it specifically says is:

‘‘(4) NOT TREATED AS TAX IMPOSED BY THIS
CHAPTER FOR CERTAIN PURPOSES.—The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax imposed by this chapter for purposes of determining the amount of any credit under this chapter or for purposes of section 55.’’.

Notice how it specifically states " FOR CERTAIN PURPOSES".
This has to do with governemt accounting, it has nothing to do with trying to pass the surcharge off as anything but a tax.

Pg 429: SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Lines 13-25 – The Government will specify which Doctors can write an end of life order.

Again intentional lie.
This section specifically gives the individual states the powers to govern which doctors can practice which medicines.
Just like it is right now.

Isn't it a good thing doctors are regulated.
Would you realy want your proctologist removing your tonsils.

I could decimate the whole post, but I realy don't have the time.

Wake up people, the right wing hate machine is filling your heads with lies.
And the people following it, are as delusioned as Orly Taitz and the lunatic "birther" movement.
 Wheresmydog
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:42:17 AM
Super, do you want THIS government running all aspect of our lives?
You do realize that it is THIS government that has paid $400 for 1 HAMMER. You know why that is? And private company charges the government MORE for the same things they sell to civilians, because of so much red tape. Do you Honestly thing DOCTORS wont? Wasn't that the purpose of all the HMO's and PPo's durring the Clinton admin? And guess how that worked out!
How is socialized medicine working for Canada? England? That's what Obama said he wants, eventually, although he did say he didn't think he could get it in the 4 to 8 years he would be in office. This health bill is just 1 step towards that goal. So we would accept the gov taking control, a little bit at a time, not all at once.
Sounds to me it is YOU biting on the lies at the end of that fishhook!
No One will get refused medical treatment in TODAY'S system. I Myself was without a job, new years eve 1992, was put in the hospital for 10 days. I had no money, no assets, mo insurance. The hospital bill was over 10 grand.
I DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY ONE RED CENT. It is called CHARITY CARE.
So YOU and many others are being LIED to, so the GOV can get MORE POWER!
Sad to say, BOTH parties seem to be guilty of that.
 ZeesMuset
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:02:18 AM
Super, as I've never seen you post in this forum before or about anything else (looks familiar) so, you don't know that these aren't the Globals. We here in Georgia stay off topic all the time.

First off, don't think it didn't go unnoticed that you went a-hunting until after you received flack for your source.

My representative is Jack Kingston and he showed us where who said what and quite frankly, I find him more believable than you. At least he's reading the bill and didn't hire a speed reader like many and had them give him the highlights. Nothing personal, but this bill is a piece of crap and the American public is on record as gagging at this and Commrade Obama and his other Comrades are determined to force this down out throats before it can be really picked apart. I guess this means you can email and tell them he isn't on the government band wagon, but I suspect the Obama House already knows this.

Fact: If you HAVE insurnace, you HAVE to swap to their insurance within 5 years. It doesn't matter if YOUR insurance is superior and you can afford to pay it, you will be forced to swap or pay an additional 2.2% We will ALL be forced to go on the Government Tit!

FACT: This coverage will be selective over who it covers. The Elderly - and I heard that man say it live on news repbort - will be forced to 'manage their pain'...

That says they will be denied care.

If they - or you - have arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, etc.... you MIGHT be denied health care.

FACT: They will regulate what will be charged and hospitals will NOT be able to expand.

FACT: Too many non-medical people will have their fingers in my business and my health! NO!

FACT: They CAN come to your home and scruntinize your lifestyle.

FACT: Our Congress and Senate won't be on this health care plan and Obama GAGS when asked if he would go on it. If it's not good enough for them, it sure as heckers isn't good enough for us!

FACT: They are pushing to have abortion put on this bill. Excuse me, but last I heard, abortion was a CHOICE and as it was a woman's choice to NOT use reliable birth control, I want the CHOICE to have my boobs picked up off the floor and put back where God put them to begin with!!! i know, Ooopsies happen. So does gravity!

FACT: Non-citizens won't pay a dime for this, but get it anyway. Then who pays for it???

I'll pass my share of the bill to you.

My mom has a friend who works for a hospital in NE Georgia and she told my mom quite some time ago that even aliens living here LEGALLY who HAVE insurance through their workplace, will tell the hospital - don't use my insurance... your government pays for it. And they do.

We don't want this. We don't. Last I heard, this was the United States of America and according to our Bill of Rights - we had RIGHTS... and this so-called Health Care package is a piece of crap and I think our senators and congressmen better wake up and realize that if they PASS this as fast as they passed those stimulus bills, they might not have a job come reelection time.

I could go on and on and on...

i will.

Fact - many sites that are against this bill are dissappearing. The site I got this info from is gone. Sites that are on government servers or a servers tied to governments are dissappearing. So much for free speech, eh????

But now, I do have to go to work. i HAVE health care and I need to earn it.

You know, Facts ARE a stubborn thing and the fact is this health care package is being shoved down our throats. They tried it once - it was called Hillary care then and they learned from their mistakes and they are now trying it again. Despite the FACT that polls show the MAJORITY of the Amerian public is against this, they are going to force it on us.

Fact is, socialized medicine does NOT work. Ask the average Canadian, Brit, etc... it is a tax drain on the working stiff and the quality of care goes downhill really fast.

In the words of many, I hope we have a LOT of rich people who decide to continue to live in this country if this is passed, because if there isn't, they are going to run out of money and we are all going to be up ship creek!!!!

Rebel333
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 5:13:40 PM
As far as I'm concerned all this "fact checking" don't amount to a hill of beans. One side says this and the other says that. They can say anything, we've been lied to before. But as my Mama used to say "What you do means more than what you say". So using that logic I have to ask, If this health care reform is going to be so great, Why isn't Congress and Co going to par take?
 Rebel333
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2009 9:41:33 AM

Health Care Reform NOW!!

Brandi, Is this the health reform you want? Did you see my post? Can you answer my question? If this is so great, why isn't Congress and Co going to be part of it ?
 bitahunni
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/7/2009 11:15:04 AM
If Congress and the President don't want it personally for themselves, why is it good enough for the American public?
 ZeesMuset
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/7/2009 2:18:44 PM
So people are turning in the Library of Congress???????

WOW!!!!!

I didn't say this, a friend of mine did, but I thought it appropriate...

Liberals were pissed off that George Bush wanted the Cable man to report, if while doing his job, he noticed a terrorist was building a bomb in his living room. Claiming that it was a violation of the terrorists privacy.

However, now liberals want my Mom to report me if I do something as harmless as exorcise (My Constitutionally Guaranteed Right of) free speech.

WFT is up with that?

You know, I love my Liberal friends... but I wish they would STOP sharing the same brain cell!

Here, tattletales.... turn in the Wall Street Journal too, while you're at it...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204908604574334623330098540.html

quite frankly, this 'email us and tell us about the 'fishy' stuff looks VERY bad on the White House. It smacks of Communism and Nazism... turning in your friends.

No wonder Obama's numbers are falling. This is why too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CHBvKGmevI

BTW.... why is a CANADIAN worried about us copying their less that satisfactory health care????? Every Canadian I've talked to about it (about a dozen) have been very negative about their health care and can't believe we want to emulate theirs.
 Promiseskeeper
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/8/2009 5:02:13 AM
Why is it protesting form the left side is called community organizing, but protesting from the right is a right wing conspiracy? Could it be that those inside the DC beltway do not know what is taking place in small town America, so they have to demonize those who cling to their faith and guns since it appears those group of folks do not like a national healthcare plan? What is WRONG with people paying for their healthcare? If a person has the income and chooses to make insurance a priority why should he not have better health care than one who does not have the income and does not make heath care a priority? Why can't premiums be based upon a level of health, so that those who exercise and eat healthy get lower premiums? Why do we insist we the poor be subsidized by those who have?
 Rebel333
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2009 7:27:06 AM
Keeper, I agree with you. If Obama wants to get some health care for those that can't afford it my suggestion would be to allow them to purchase Medicare and charge on a sliding scale for it based on their income. For those that can afford it but have an illness that prevents an insurance company from accepting them let them purchase Medicare at full price. I'd pay for this by placing a sin tax on alcohol and tobacco. Leave the people that have health care that they are happy with alone.
 ZeesMuset
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/8/2009 8:45:01 AM
I totally agree! The healthcare package I have chosen and pay for, is far superior to the healthcare package I will be forced to accept and pay for and pay for and pay for.

I have a friend - liberal and she admits she likes socialism because it's 'unfair that the rich are rich' (sounds like penis envy to me) who is all for this healthcare plan because she pays for her own family's healthcare. She has whined for years... she's newly married, her husband was in college, she's a paralegal and the sole support for the family and they chose to have a child rather than wait until he graduated and got a job.

Now this is their choice....

but when I questioned her - because she works for an attorney and I can't imagine the attorny NOT offering health care she admitted that he gave her a CHOICE - and she chose to be given two blackberry phones and have both of them put on his plan in lieu of insurance coverage.

Oh gee!!! I would LOOOOOOOVE to have a blackberry, rather than this ratty $9.99 Virgin Marble that I have that's on it's last legs.... but you know, I had to prioritize... and insurance for me and mine far outweighs the vanity of having a blackberry and service.

And that is the mentality we're dealing with. We live in an age of entitlement. I am entitled to this, I am entitled to that nad if you don't agree, you need to learn to be tolerent...

No, I do NOT have to be tolerent of stupidity! Contact the White House if your friend is emailing or talking trash about this plan! What the heck ever happened to Free Speech in this country???? Or has it changed to we have the right to say anything we want as long as it agrees with the White House propoganda????

I've been called a 'baby-killer' because I support the effort in the Middle East - and the irony of it is the person who called me a baby killer supports abortion on demand

what is WRONG with that picture?

New York and California - Liberal whiney butts to the core - set a higher tax for the rich. What did the rich do?

Moved. Mostly to Texas. Ye-hah Cowboy!

I am terrified because under this health care plan, benefits will be cut for my son - who has Special Needs and a heart defect.

I am terrified because I have asthma, and run the risk of cancer... not to mention, the chances of me devloping diabetes in the next 5 years is elevated because it runs in the family and my benefits and quality of life are being threatened by thie health care plan.

I am terrified because my father JUST completed chemo for colon cancer and we fully expect for it to return in how many years and rather than his doctor and health insurance gear up for the fight to battle it, chances are he will be handed a living will and an aspirin and told to go die in peace.

My mother has diabetes. How long before she is denied the medicine she needs because some 25 year old needs medical care and she's already been 25, so she's considered 'expendable'...

You've lived a full life. Thank you for your tax dollars. Here's a living will. Go die in peace and know you died for the good cause. here's a pamplet on how to manage your pain.

Screw that.

This health care plan sucks and it doesn't matter how much of a spin Obama and his Commrades put on it. It sucks.

The American people deserve better than this. My mom always said, if you have to do something - do it right the first time. Don't rush it because you'll screw it up and then you'll either have to go back and redo it and that hurts or you'll have to live with it wrong.

they are PUSHING this thing and it's a bad plan. Let's not put a timeline on it and say it has to be done in a month... let's do it right and do it the PROPER way, where the facts and problems are hammered out in the RIGHT (as in correct, not Republican) way, not in some backroom, hidden from everyone, and then a half-baked plan sprung on us.

last time someone did that was our State Flag... and Roy Barnes did a lot of OTHER things like that and as I recall he was voted out of office because he DID things like that. Just do it and ram it down our throats.

I guarantee, many Congressmen and senators will not be reelected if they pass this bill. It's a crappy bill. If you want health care reform, give us an adequate plan we can all agree on that will include choices WE get to make.
 Rebel333
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2009 9:14:32 AM
Zee, Are you aware that King Roy plans to run for Governor again? As for rushing things through thats the Obama way. Don't give em time to understand what they're voting on or they may not accept it. (Can we say stimulus plan)
 ZeesMuset
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/8/2009 12:01:36 PM

Are you aware that King Roy plans to run for Governor again?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
 Promiseskeeper
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/8/2009 6:25:15 PM
It would nice if part of health care reform would also address public assistance. For example, it would be beneficial for the recipients of food stamps to be able to purchase house cleaning supplies while eliminating the ability to purchas processed foods that are high in sodium, fat, and sugar. Perhaps the only type of vegetables or produce that could be purchased with government subsidies would be that of fresh fruits and vegetables.
 ZeesMuset
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/9/2009 6:04:28 AM
Now, there is a problem with that. When my dad was having chemo, they told him no fresh veggies - because of the dirt and bacteria problem...

In addition, some people buy in bulk and don't go to the store as often. When I buy fresh - especially if I buy at a road side market or individual food stand, it's something I have to use NOW. Typically, I prefer to go to the grocery ONCE a month... so unless it's a milk or bread run... it needs to last a bit longer.

Although, now that you've openly stated that people should be limited as to what kind of diet they should forced to eat, one of the Socialist Tattle-tales might email and add that...

and there you go!
 Promiseskeeper
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/9/2009 9:46:15 AM
The people listed above are not receiving government subsidies I would presume. If a peson if paying for it then by all means allow them to purchase what they so choose, but it we are going to give it to them then we should have an obligation to give them healthy food and not food that will make them sicker, so they will have to use the healthcare system as often.
 ZeesMuset
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/9/2009 10:07:34 AM
Again, Keeper.... that would be difficult to enforce and install. Many elderly are on very limited budgets and yes, many are on foodstamps and government assistance - and money is super - tight and they cannot eat certain foods due to medical reasons.

To limit what TYPES of food one can purchase with government funds is in a sense what Obama and his Commrades are trying to do to the American Public with this healthcare plan... take something that doens't fit a LOT of people or will even AID many (unless you are a non-citizen) and shove it down everyone's throat.

We already have WIC, which limits what TYPES of food one can get with them... FoodStamps should be for food. Period. I'm not a fan of rice and pasta - but i have a son with hollow legs. I think many times my best culinary efforts are wasted as food never hits his tastebuds. For the majority of the month, i do buy fresh and attempt to cook in a healthy manner, but by the end of the month, my dollar is beyond stretched and I'm forced to cook in a manner that hardliners about that sort of thing wouldn't agree with.

In many cases, foodstamps isn't enough and a provider has to consider ways to stretch the budget. Unless the government is willing to regulate food prices (which at this rate, I sort of expect) the truth is fresh and organic is MUCH more expensive than canned or processed. And even trying to stretch that government dollar, certain people are determined we all have a part of, it's not enough.
 Promiseskeeper
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/9/2009 11:12:29 AM
It would only be difficult to enforce due to the power lobbyist have with our government.
 Rebel333
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 3:01:46 PM
Hey guys, I got an email today about a program that will be on Fox News tonight. If you're interested the email follows:

"Mark your calendar - This Sunday [August 9, 2009] on Fox Cable News, Sean Hannity, of Hannity & Colmes ~ Fox news, is going to air a very important documentary about Barack Obama, Sunday night at 8:00 PM central / 9 PM eastern. He stated on the air this evening that no one in the news media was willing to do this. Hannity is going back to Obama's earlier days, showing even then his ties to radical professors, friends, spiritual advisers, etc., he stated this evening that he will show in detail his ties to Rev. Wright for 20+ yrs...How he was participating with this man, and not for the reasons he states! He has uncovered more of Obama's radical leaders and we will see things that no one in the media is willing to put out there. This will be a night that you will learn more about Obama than ever before. Hannity is very passionate about this program and asked that everyone please, please watch~~
Sunday night, 8 PM. CT; 9 PM ET

Please pass this on to everyone you know. Democrat or Republican, you can learn from this. It is critical for our country."
 ZeesMuset
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/9/2009 5:57:02 PM
I don't have television - I've never had the cable hooked up. (Can't afford it, really)... so let us know what htey say! Thanks!!!
 Rebel333
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 6:33:24 PM
It's 9:35 and so far it's not what I was led to believe it would be. I don't know where my email sender got his information. I'll know better than to listen to this guy again.
 ZeesMuset
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/10/2009 2:23:44 PM
I checked my professional email and my really personal email, where I get the information for various political publications and I saw nothing about it.

Ah well.
Show ALL Forums  > Georgia  > Obama Supports his Cousin Odinga' Killing of Black Christians