Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Micheal Vick      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Duron_79
Msg: 1
Micheal VickPage 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Football season is coming. I think its going to be a good year for a few teams that were below .500 last season. Mick Vick is back and I'm curious. What are normal thinking thinking about his return.

Who will he play for this season?
Will he be able to run like he use to?
Starting or warming the pine?

Duron_79
Msg: 2
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/28/2009 3:51:15 PM
Good point, Dude!
 SAguy_06
Msg: 3
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/28/2009 3:57:47 PM
Like Barretta said..."Dont do the Crime, if you cant do the time...

He did his time, he has to come back to society...He cant roam the earth a poria.

If the NFL lets him in, then it up to each team to decide.
 Ezzee
Msg: 4
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/28/2009 5:09:51 PM
Michael Vick did something absolutely horrific, in my opinion. It is a crime that to me is not forgivable and something that he needed to pay for.

It's what, 4 years later or something like that now? He pled guilty. He has served his time and has repaid his debt to society. While I may never forgive him for what he did, I realize that he has served his time according to our court system and that he is now a free man. Give him a second chance, let him play, if someone wants him, let them take him. There are plenty of teams out there that need a good QB.

I know that in my opinion, if I had a team and I needed a QB, I would pursue him, however, I would find a way to continue to realize his mistake through his contract, either through community service or donating a portion of his pay.

People make mistakes, but when people have paid their debt to society, we must be willing to give them the opportunity to come back into society, so let Vick.
 Jake52177
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/28/2009 7:46:14 PM
The greatest football players are psyhcopaths. You have to be in order to succeed in a gladiator sport. All of you dog loving, vick hating, non forgiving , aint going to heaven anyway, moral police. Please be quiet. We all have sinned and come short of gods glory. Jesus, God, Allah, higher power has a forgiveness to them. If Vick asked God to forgive him. Why shouldn't we. Every year ratings and profits for football rise. Protesters get a life. Internet gangsters eat a penis. Jake Gruchi Harlem.
 itechman63
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/29/2009 7:15:39 AM

Forgiving someone regardless of the offense, is for your benefit. Whether people forgive this man or not will not hinder his future, but living with unforgiveness in your own heart may hinder yours. Unforgiveness is a "deadly emotion", why would anyone allow such hatred to continue to fester inside of them?

Bravo Sir!
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 7
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/29/2009 8:00:05 AM

put the book down dude and notice we have progressed past these atrocities, it's 2009

No we haven't. Not really. We still have grand sports in large ampitheatres, pitting phsyically fit men against one another for our own entertainment. The only difference is that back in the day, they were killing each other. Look at football, Look at how physical it is. Football is violent.

Don't kid yourself, we haven't changed much in a couple thousand years. We slaughter and torture animals every day as a human race for reasons not for entertainment value, but for other reasons. some animals, we make no exceptions whatsoever.

You can take a fly swatter and kill insects and pests with it - and take pleasure from it. But we don't regard insects as high as dogs. I'm sure those flies you murdered in your kitchen enjoyed living. I'm sure those****oaches you step on enjoyed living. So I Guess what life we value is only based on some arbitrary measuring stick on how useful an animal is to us. We keep dogs as pets, thus they're more important creatures than insects (who are mostly pests to us).

We're very interesting creatures. We pick and choose which life is valuable and which life isn't. You can torture and murder creatures for your pleasure, as long as they aren't creatures that we deem "valuable".
 SAguy_06
Msg: 8
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/29/2009 8:15:33 AM

The greatest football players are psyhcopaths.

NO..rioded up players are psyhopaths, Roger Staubach wasn't a psyhco.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/29/2009 9:39:01 AM
Ya know, I'm a pretty big hockey fan...Detroit Red Wings. I've seen two players get traded to Detroit from other teams over the years where every game after the trade in that other team's building, the fans boo'd and boo'd these two guys because of a sense of betrayal. Larry Murphy from Toronto and Chris Chelios from the Blackhawks. I mean this went on for years after the trade. Wouldn't surprise me if Chelios still gets boo'd in Chicago.

I see the same thing happening if a team picks up Vick. Only, my guess is he will be boo'd in most places...heck, maybe even in the stadium of his new home team. I think he would be better off signing with a team (if offered) like the Giants, 49'ers, Jets, Chargers, etc. Someplace where the mascot isn't an animal, i.e. Colts, Broncos, Ravens, Eagles, Dolphins, etc.

Actually, the only two teams I can imagine signing him because of their own 'rebel' type of attitude when getting players, are the Raiders and Cowboys. I just don't know if Vick will put people in the seats, though. Possibly the opposite. The NFL is a business...out to make money. No team is going to jeopardize $$$ for him, but, if they think he'll be a draw, he will be signed. IMO.

~ds~
 geeleebee
Msg: 10
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/29/2009 9:39:42 AM
Vick did his time.

What he did was despicable--ruthless--ugly--inhumane--and, as a lover of the game of football and as the Mama to a family pack, my stomach will turn every time I see him on the field.
But--he did his time.

He will have to face society as the vermin I think he is.
But he did his time.

You can bet heavy money that there will be signs all over the stadiums for a long time that proclaim him to be an animal abuser--people will not be silent about what they think of him. He'll get paid to play football, but he'll have to do it in the public eye--unlike the dog fights he orchestrated.

But--he did his time in prison.
Now--he'll have to do his time in public.
 Jake52177
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/29/2009 11:33:36 AM
^^^^^^ My eat a ------ comment was a litle over the top. But at least you framed your response respectively. I feel what you are saying above. I'm just tired of people who are so high and mighty that it goes over the top. What about our public officials who betray our trust and accept money to vote on issue that hurt us people. Shouldn't we be as outraged as we are towards a football player. What about our insurance companies who take our premiums and fight us when we need them. We will save an animal but we will let cigarette companies kill us off one pack at a time. Our morals are misplaced. Child molesters and rapist are not human they are animals. I have no sympathy either. We americans kill animals everyday so we can survive have you seen a slaughter house. Chickens, Pigs, Lambs, Cows, Veal(Baby cows) , where are their protectors. Everyone needs somebody to point the finger at. When your family members come home from jail do you treat them like outcast. When your uncle gets his third DUI do you protest him. We all need prayer if you never did nothing you need forgiveness for call me.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 13
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/29/2009 12:45:29 PM

Yes, the man served his time. So, in that sense, we should 'forgive' him. But does that mean it should just be business as usual

I think there is some sort of confusion here...where did Forgiveness come into the picture...

NO Part of his punishment and incarceration had o do with forgiveness...

He did his time, And he cannot be forbidden to earn a living. If the NFL says he can play football, then it is up to the team onwers to decide if they want him...He is not intitled to His old job back...but he cant be denied if a team wants to hire him.

Now if the fans want to protest that move, its their right.
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 14
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/29/2009 1:27:51 PM

These men and women are participating voluntarily. No one is forcing them to "play" sports.

Whether they were forced are not really is a non-issue and really doesn't addrss the the desire to see violence that all humans seemingly possess.

Look at how bug pads work. They get stuck to the adhesive glue and die slowly. Nobody cares if a fly gets caught in some sticky paper and dies a slow horrible death. Because they're pests.

If someone found a way to have****oach fighting, and developed techniques to breed them as fighting****oaches, Nobody would give a damn.
 Duron_79
Msg: 15
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/29/2009 2:00:54 PM
Ah! Everyone! Justice has been serviced. The unharmed dogs were given to someone who could love them better and he has done his time.

I think I was asking about the kind of season he would have if I were going to play this year. Can we talk more about football?
 stronghorizon
Msg: 16
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/29/2009 3:29:26 PM
This is a tough situation for both the fans and teams.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 17
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/30/2009 2:01:30 AM

I wonder how many of the bleeding hearts would let Vick look after their dog while they were away?

^^^ probaly the same type people who enjoy looking at two people draw blood (UFC) and beat the crap out of each other.

I would let mike babytsit my dog...And yes I enjoy viewing consenting adults drawing blood, wether it be UFC, Boxing, or Football I find it entertaining.

There are few things as beautiful as a Strong Safety laying his shoulder into some smart ass Tight End running a pass route over the middle.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 18
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/30/2009 5:08:18 AM
HOMO -EROTIC wow...cuz I like the uniforms? go team

I dont care if Vick plays football or not...what upsets me is punishment goes beyond that mandated by th Court. I will not treat Vick as a Poriah...cuz you love dogs.

He commited a crime, he did his time, and he has to make a living, he still is a human being. I will not destroy a human being to make a point to American Children.

I dont want to give my children the logic, to Destroy a Human because they have mistreated an Animal.

chameleonf
Msg: 19
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/30/2009 10:42:49 AM
This guy is going to take flack about his horrendous dog deeds for the rest of his life. His "punishment" will never be over. Let him make a living doing what he did before. Is he supposed to not work? What's the big deal if it's football or anything else? You can bet when he walks on the field, no matter what team he plays for, he'll have to face public humiliation every single time; even if the loud booing stops, he'll hear things you'll never be privy to. Wherever he goes, he'll hear something from someone. For those of you who figure he still needs to suffer, I'd think that would appease the unforgiving side of you. He's not wanting to run a greyhound race track or a job that requires animal handling, for crying out loud.
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 20
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/30/2009 10:58:26 AM
gangster-
you write about many forms of violence done to animals
slaughter, hunting, even glue strips
but-
there is one difference between these acts
and what Vick did-
what he did was against the law

I can do nothing about the violence done that you mention because-
unfortunately, all of it is legal
but again
what Vick did was illegal
and that is the difference~

I'm talking about principles above the law. Moreso, the ideas and beliefs that formulate and shape the law as we see it. If I went out and caught a bunch of grasshoppers and slowly pulled all their legs off for my own sick entertainment, would that be considered illegal, and would I go to jail for 2 years for it? What if I ran a circuit of grasshopper fights, where we tortured and trained grasshoppers to kill each other? Would I go to jail for that?

Probably not, because they are grasshoppers. Grasshoppers are alien little insects that look freaky. But dogs are cute cuddly little animals that get the newspaper for you in the morning. That actual malice behind the crime is only part of why it's illegal. The other part is the social idea that "dogs are man's best friend" and such. People don't see houseflies and grasshoppers and****oaches as "mans best friend" so much as "pests" yet grasshoppers, house flies and****oaches are every bit as much alive as a dog is.

This is the point that I'm making at how human beings pick and choose which kinds of life is valuable and which isn't. Then we string some guy up for doing things most people do to insects and give it not a second thought and call him dastardly things. Then we see a kid outside with a magnifying glass frying ants and we think "boys will be boys".
 SAguy_06
Msg: 21
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/30/2009 11:27:40 AM

WTF are you talking about-
mistreated an animal ?

What do you want done? He killed dogs...OK now what? What more punishment do you want to heap on?

What is going to make YOU feel better, cuz the dogs are gone. I heard all the bullshit community service job Vick should do, like: Wash out dog kennels, Burry dead dogs...ect

What kind of F-uped mind is going to say, you did your prison time, now wash out these dog kennels.

Thats WTF
 chameleonf
Msg: 22
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/30/2009 1:28:59 PM
nightingales: I do believe it's called Karma. Vick will obviously be getting his in spades for a long time to come. Kudos to you for your good work. You'll get your Karma coming back to you as well. Goes looking for my goofy yellow lab now....she's unusually quiet which can only mean trouble...and a good laugh.
 Pyro74
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/30/2009 2:17:00 PM
I'm a dog lover, and have raised two pittbulls. To me, Michael Vick will always be a low-life piece of $hit. But, the man did pay his dues to society according to our legal system. So, Why not let him play football?
 SAguy_06
Msg: 24
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/30/2009 6:44:02 PM

the poor beautiful innocent dogs are dead , and he should be to

In the inside of evry Fido beats the heart of a wolf.

a group of neigbourhood dogs went to a Highschool Ag barn, they climbed 6' high fences, then climbing one-by-one, into 12 pens, killing all the prized lambs belonging to students...Video tape caught the rouge pooches. The dogs went back to there respective homes to shock their families with their blood-soaked fur.

http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=661653@video.woai.com&navCatId=5
 wisguyingb
Msg: 25
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/31/2009 6:34:07 AM
NBL, I wonder how you would have felt if it was a "rightwing wingnut" who was the one abusing his dogs?
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 26
Micheal Vick
Posted: 8/3/2009 12:42:24 PM

the poor beautiful innocent dogs are dead , and he should be to

people revere dogs because they're cute and cuddly. Nobody gives a f*ck about a grasshoper or a spider, because they're icky incects. But grasshoppers and spiders are just as much innocent and helpless as poor doggies.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Micheal Vick