Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > My girl got pregnant, she dumped me? is this normal? need some advice      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~JustSimplyMe~
Msg: 2
view profile
History
My girl got pregnant, she dumped me? is this normal? need some advices..thanksPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
What are the chances that the baby isn't yours?

She wants you to leave her alone....leave her alone
 FunnyMikey
Msg: 6
My girl got pregnant, she dumped me? is this normal? need some advices..thanks
Posted: 7/29/2009 8:28:39 AM
Something tells me there's a whole other side to this story that you've left out. Bottom line though, if a girl breaks up with you, that doesn't mean you harrass her by phone calls or by showing up at her house. Creeeeeeepy!!
 heterotic
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/29/2009 10:16:10 AM
Is it possible she isn't pregnant anymore? Miscarriage, abortion?

Is it possible the baby isn't yours?
 readyornot57
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2009 1:55:32 PM
OP, if you want to be a father to the baby, she can't keep the baby from you, especially if you are always current with your child support.
But what if she puts the baby up for adoption? Or wants an abortion?
Asking the other posters here....would planned parenthood know the legal options here?
Now if you just want her......she could not be more clear, and you have to stop badgering her. It does no good. People don't need reasons for stuff like this.
 CookieLady66
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/12/2009 11:29:19 AM
Perhaps she & her sister had a fight because the sister was going to tell you that the kid wasn't yours, and that she knew what your girl was trying to pull....
 SueCat51
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2009 4:51:38 PM
OP - she's got a lot on her plate right now. She's probably deciding should she bring the child into the world, adopt, or have an abortion. Those can be some hard decisions to make, if she wasn't ready to start a family. Back off, and let her contact you.
 sweet_n_heart
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/12/2009 6:03:54 PM
Best you can do is make sure the kid is yours and then if it is, talk to your lawyer about what you can or can't do about this... If this "girlfriend" of yours doesn't want a relationship with you then fine but she has no right to keep this child away from you. FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! for your rights! This is alot for you too to take in cause of your age and she's scared and ya maybe some how her sister convinced her of a lie.
 BobRuinedTheDate
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/12/2009 6:52:53 PM
I'm guessing you made this whole thing up as some desperate cry for attention. Or some other dude impregnated your gal. The one thing I know for certain is you are not a Robot Warrior Assembler Technician III as the last one I even heard of worked for me and he was tragically vaporized in a plasma modulation demobulization circuit overload accident yesterday. And I am stuck. I need an assembler.

But maybe you would like to learn?
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/12/2009 7:02:32 PM
Assuming the baby is yours.

First you have to understand that having a child is huge. She is probably going through all kinds of feelings right now and the hormones only add to it. In the beginning she might have been fine, because she hadn't thought it out yet. She's at a crossroad and she has to make some very adult decisions. One of them would be does he see being married to you. It might have been you were good as a boyfriend, but not as a husband. I have no idea of course.

If you are the father you have rights to see the child, but no rights to see her. I would let her know you want to be there for her. That you love her and any other feelings you would like to share with her. I would also tell her you will respect her right and request to be left alone if that's what she wants, but if she changes her mind you'll be there.

Send it to her in a letter. So she can refer back to it. Not an email. Not a text. A letter. She may come around in her own time.

Good luck guy.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/12/2009 7:35:17 PM
Ten to one that kid isn't yours. I have a strange feeling she confessed this to her sister,her sister went ballistic and told her to leave you and not try to fool you into being the father to a child that isn't yours and so she left. Now she doesn't have the guts to admit her infidelity.
If you have doubts, demand a DNA test on the child. If it is yours, pay support, get visitation, and go on with your life.
Don't cry over a woman who is cold enough to do this to you. She is not worth it.
Beth
 starrr1975yaho
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/13/2009 9:58:01 PM
Did you do something she may have found out about??? That would be a good reason!
Girls just don't dump the father of their child for no good reason.
 starrr1975yaho
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/13/2009 9:59:56 PM
Which leaves the other millions that aren't paying for kids that are theirs. I think everyone is just f*&ed in the head these days.
 starrr1975yaho
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/13/2009 10:07:01 PM
She is interested in someone else it sounds like. Did she maybe lose the baby?? Can you confirm if she is still pregnant?
And yes you are being a stalker. My ex husband still to this day calls saying he still loves me (drunk of course) and my response is, "I don't remember you"!
It makes my skin crawl when he says that. I am thinking she is done, sorry hun.
Once you lose trust or respect for someone you once loved it is very hard to get that back if it is even possible. Count your blessings and move on. And you do have a right to know your child so make sure, if in fact it is yours, then pursue her through court for visitation and partial custody. Do NOT pursue anything outside of court cuz she will throw a restraining order on your butt!
Don't let another child go without his or her father. That is why the world is so messed up today because people no longer take care of business and want too much to run away or play.
 cordale1
Msg: 51
Posted: 6/28/2016 8:46:55 PM
I hate when people post negative feedback like this...the Manis looking for guidance. He's fighting for his family. Take your bitterness elsewhere
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2016 1:06:49 AM
You are stalking her, leave her alone. If it is meant to be she will reach out to your, but meanwhile leave it be. I understand your situation and that you are perplexed and upset. You have only known her a few months and chances are the baby is not yours. She may want the baby but not the father. Happens.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/29/2016 4:29:40 AM

I hate when people post negative feedback like this...the Manis looking for guidance. He's fighting for his family. Take your bitterness elsewhere.

That is just it. IT IS NOT HIS FAMILY. The government defines family as a woman and her children. The OP is an adult male. There is no place for him in a family by law. Sometimes a woman may permit a man to ride shotgun for a while but the moment that she doesn't find him useful, he gets ass launched into oblivion with the government's encouragement.

OP, yours is a lost cause. The best that you can do is shield yourself financially. Work on that.
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/29/2016 4:31:13 AM
Jesus. Ressurected from 2009.
 valientetoo
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/29/2016 5:23:31 AM
^ quite right. The child in question is now in grade 2. I'm surenthenposter has moved on and has a few more kids in the last 7 years.
 StumbledN
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/29/2016 8:44:42 AM

I'm surenthenposter has moved on and has a few more kids in the last 7 years.

This is why I prefer forums over chat rooms. Some poor **stard is in the same exact pickle right now, today. And this thread is still available for guidance (ok, very little guidance but at least it's something). And yes, today's poor **stard can start a new thread. But who's to say he would get better advice now than 7 years ago? It's a common and recurring problem. Personally, I would like to see comments to the OP continue so that today's poor **stard can benefit. And so can others of us in similar situations currently.
 gtomustang
Msg: 57
always know where you're going before you're coming
Posted: 6/29/2016 4:46:52 PM
"Jesus. Ressurected from 2009"

>>>I thought He was resurrected sooner. I guess my watch is off.

Some poor bastid might be in the same pickle with his pickle. I'm told that wrapping one's dill until marriage seems to help a little bit. meanwhile, this is one of those scenarios where it likely helps to hear the other side of the story. As others have posted, she might make it sound a bit more like stalking.
 south_city
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/29/2016 7:45:32 PM

Jesus. Ressurected from 2009.

I can understand some old threads being resurrected because it is more a general question than a specific situation. And a person may not have to deal with others complaining about not doing a thread search. But in this case, the OP's dilemma would have been resolved several years ago.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > My girl got pregnant, she dumped me? is this normal? need some advices..thanks