Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > revenge is sweet      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 isnuttinfree
Msg: 2
revenge is sweetPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I get your reaction. But it's still devious and sinks to her level even in your post of jest. Are you to take this course if there's a next time? It might escalate to something really nasty. Best to nip that thinking in the bud. What reason did you give for ending the relationship if you didn't tell her what you did?
 pantsonfire
Msg: 8
view profile
History
revenge is sweet
Posted: 7/30/2009 3:18:38 AM
The best revenge is to prosper...

I'd have just said to my partner, next time you want to cheat on someone, at least have the intelligence to put your phone on silent.. And waved them bye bye..

Can't be doing with all the subterfuge and cloak and dagger shyte... It's too time consuming and energetic.. Tell them to fook off and then go eat some chocolate.. Far easier!!
 isnuttinfree
Msg: 14
revenge is sweet
Posted: 7/30/2009 4:34:56 AM
For instance, what on earth are the eggs and beans all about? Breakfast?

They're metaphors. Spill the beans - To disclose a secret. "She had eggs" refers to her reaction.

Well....ok i know it was wrong....but it made me feel better....anyway sooooooooo many people with whiter than white morals lol....I wish each one well....but maybe if you were on the recieving end of such actions...i cant see you all not having some kind of reaction....but maybe i am immature ..nasty...and all the rest....but it made me feel better....i hurt no one...just found out in due course that i was being used...but hey thats ok....according to the whiter than white brigade....dont shoot me....i can all ready feel the bullets hitting me./

What she did was wrong but you responded with maliciousness. Not something to be proud of. Discover that it actually feels better to take the higher ground. That's where you will hit the mark. Because it points to who you are. There are no saints.. possibly people have learnt it doesn't achieve as much as you think.
 SeekingTheOneOut
Msg: 20
view profile
History
revenge is sweet
Posted: 7/30/2009 6:04:01 AM
Revenge is nice to think about but that's as far is it should go. There's nothing to be gained from it other than a false feeling of superiority.
 SeekingTheOneOut
Msg: 24
view profile
History
revenge is sweet
Posted: 7/30/2009 7:22:46 AM
If you retaliate against someone who wronged you, yes you might feel good about it and feel that the 'balance has been righted' or whatever, but you also give that other person the knowledge that they have a power over you. A power to get under your skin and make you do things you otherwise wouldn't do. I'd rather get my 'revenge' by living well and being the better person. That way, whoever wronged you either feels regret at having messed up a good thing or upset over not being able get a reaction out of you. And I'd rather that be the end result.
 isnuttinfree
Msg: 25
revenge is sweet
Posted: 7/30/2009 7:58:26 AM
ohhh, now come on....there's far more to be gained than a false feeling of superiority!!!

there's the feeling that the balance is 'righted' again...the hope that they've actually learnt a lesson and may actually think about their initiating actions and the reaction they may get if they do it again...the feeling that you've been thought of as a mug disappears...

what's happened to all the cliches?? eye for an eye, what goes around comes around, ad infinitum.....

even the law says you're allowed touse reasonable force to defend yourself...my take on that is that it applies to emotional abuse as well as physical :)

what would have been the difference if the OP, instead of pretending to be the wife, had actually told the wife? doesn't she have a righ to know too? because lot's of people would advocate that, but it would still boil down to the same thing...revenge, but people seem to swallow that pill a whole lot easier....this guy didn't actually tell the wife....he was finacially supporting some woman who was deceiving him in the worst way and he's the bad guy??

some very strange moral's here, that'sall i can say.

Revenge stems from crazy hurt emotions. That can lead to bad things as demonstrated. Even public protesting requires order. People aren't allowed to run amok. But I don't think OP's crime was too over the top, and in the circumstances. Not that I condone it!
Righting a wrong would have been better served by him charging her half the living expenses for the time he supported her. He can yell at her if that helps but don't go overboard, it's understandably human. If she was that selfish to cheat on him, who knows, she could derive a sick pleasure knowing she pushed his buttons enough to engender his vengeance (superiority, that he cared enough) .
Exposing it to his wife may occur on the same principle but it's more tolerable because while she will be blindsided and get hurt, at least she'll learn the truth and will be better off.
 try1more
Msg: 26
view profile
History
revenge is sweet
Posted: 7/30/2009 9:25:18 AM
why did'nt you send two txts one to her mobile along the lines of "just to let you know alan will never leave me so enjoy it while you can. you're not the first cheap little slut and you wont be the last"
and one to yours "just to let you know the cheap little slut you're shacked up with is shagging my husband" using the new sim bought for the purpose of course.
you could then show her yours and tell her she's history.
she could find hers later. the only way they could find out if it was sent by his wife would be to ask her.
and it would give em both something interesting to talk about.
 ichi-bon
Msg: 31
revenge is sweet
Posted: 8/27/2009 3:07:38 PM
Why take revenge when you can keep them locked up in the cupboard under the stairs and bring them out once in a while to torture them at your leisure!!

Usually the one betrayed gets the final say..............whether it be weeks or years, because what they did to you lives in their " head" and with any conscience at all, they have regrets.
I have gotten apologies from men from soooooooooooooo many years ago ( I even forgot the circumstances)..........because no matter how much I was hurt, I wished them well as I left. ( being kind to a b*stard that toys with emotions drives them crazy!)
They want the re-action of being vindictive to eleviate their guilt. I won't give them that!!

But I DO LOVE THE ABOVE QUOTE...even if it just a statement that brought a fiendish little grin to my face!!
 isnuttinfree
Msg: 34
revenge is sweet
Posted: 8/27/2009 6:17:54 PM

They want the re-action of being vindictive to eleviate their guilt.

That's interesting. True, the reaction is their punishment, after which they can recover. But removing that lets them (the ones with a conscience) stew in their own guilt.

Isnt it a projection of own ****ed upness.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Great point.
 Loose_end
Msg: 38
view profile
History
revenge is sweet
Posted: 8/28/2009 1:30:50 AM
I concur with most others in this thread. Revenge sounds all too much like hard work.....

Although i dont recall thinking enough of someone that i've truly been hurt when they've sodded off.

So until that happens i shall remain blissfully unaware of any particular need to exact revenge.

Ooh! There was this one chick.......No, hang on........I think that was a dream actually. She was really sexy.....a right old moo though. Glad it wasnt real.
 try1more
Msg: 39
view profile
History
revenge is sweet
Posted: 8/28/2009 1:31:05 AM
snoopy
your post reminded me of something that happened years ago.
the wife (at the time) told me that a woman had phoned asking for me by name, and wanted to know who it was. i didn't know!
this happened a few times. on others when i answered the phone there was no one there.
then when the wife said yes he is i'll get him the woman hung up?
never did know who it was, and the calls stopped in the end.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 40
view profile
History
revenge is sweet
Posted: 8/28/2009 1:46:44 AM
I have thought vengeful thoughts but could never carry any of them out. Just being able to plot and plan them in my head as been revenge enough for me. Knowing that I could do x y or z if I wanted was enough satisfaction.

I also know that I would feel guilty afterwards if I ever carried out intentionally hurtful actions.

As they say, two wrongs don't make a right.
 bresker
Msg: 50
revenge is sweet
Posted: 9/6/2009 11:36:58 AM
--I wouldn't want to go out with someone who's so hung up about their ex that they feel the need to engage in petty acts of revenge, children.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > revenge is sweet