Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > flowers on a first date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bowlingfordates
Msg: 1
view profile
History
flowers on a first date?Page 1 of 1    
I am an old fashioned type of guy. I have given flowers to women on the first date, but I am wondering now if that is such a good idea or not. Most of the women claim that they have never received flowers before. I am not sure if this make me appear unique or needy. Some advice would be much appreciated.
 zephyrmoon
Msg: 2
flowers on a first date?
Posted: 7/31/2009 11:08:35 AM
Two problems with giving flowers on a first date.

1) You're probably NOT going to be going to her home to pick her up, so she'll have to carry the flowers around all night while they wilt.

2) An over-the-top expensive arrangement can give the feeling that you expect more from the date than just a date.
 zephyrmoon
Msg: 3
flowers on a first date?
Posted: 7/31/2009 12:28:47 PM
Hey, to the women who like to get flowers on the first date, what do you DO with them for the rest of the evening? You have to carry them around all night in the cellophane, right? Find a place at the table or next to you somewhere?

If I had a good solution to this, I might change my answer about receiving flowers on the first date, but I still wouldn't want them to be a huge expensive bouquet of roses or anything.
 WhiteWaterRogue
Msg: 5
flowers on a first date?
Posted: 7/31/2009 1:26:29 PM
Second date, spend the money on alka-selser for the first date.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 6
flowers on a first date?
Posted: 7/31/2009 3:30:13 PM
First MEET - a no-no.
First DATE - it's nice if it's not a dozen roses. Keep it understated.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > flowers on a first date?