Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > If the shops ran out of food.?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~Hams~
Msg: 11
view profile
History
If the shops ran out of food.?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'm on a diet so I might be able to lose some more weight if the shops ran out of food!
 Cargy.
Msg: 12
view profile
History
If the shops ran out of food.?
Posted: 7/31/2009 4:36:35 PM
I always keep about 3 weeks worth in the house, but there's everyday things like bread and milk that would become a problem in a matter of days.

I'd be lost without my cuppa!

I seem to remember a theory based on 70's research along the lines that civilisation is "three meals and 48 hours removed from savagery" or words to that effect.

I suspect it's not far from the truth.

Many of us (myself included) from towns or cities would have no idea how to go about obtaining our own at short notice. I'd like to think I'd learn quickly though.
 pantsonfire
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 1:27:23 AM
I'm a regular shopper, so don't have much of a stock cupboard... I have some pasta, beans, tinned soups, a couple of bread mixes for when I'm feeling lazy, then some other non edible dry mixes, gravy, cornflour, baking powder, gelatin sheets...

So if we had to survive on our stock cupboards, not longer than 48 hours..

But I do have my veggy patch, tomatoes, beans, peas, potatoes, broccoli, leeks, carrots and other bits not quite ripe yet...

And I have a recipe for squirrel fricassee.. Lot's of grey squirrels.. And a big gun!!!

So we'd do alright..
 Cargy.
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 5:36:07 AM
Hmmm....

If we combined this thread with King5ton's 'I hate You!' thread, the problem could solve itself!
 peter-256
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 9:04:09 AM
Luckily for me I live near the countryside so there would be plenty of food around.

My diet might a bit odd - something like pigeon/sea gull/duck with apples or blackberries !!
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 10:34:50 AM
At a rough guess, I could probably feed myself for two or three months lol.

I'm a compulsive food buyer. I have a 5ft high freezer and it is stacked to the gunnels - and haven't been shopping this week yet. I see something and think, oh that will be nice to try so buy it - and shove it in the freezer. Latest was Marlin (fish I have never tried) and Ostrich (never had that either).

I'd struggle with bread, used to keep some in the freezer but ran out of room. Have a fair amount of pasta/rice and a few tins etc - because I still buy family size packs - never got out of that habit.

If I started running out of stuff I guess I would struggle but know a guy who shoots and he sometimes gives me duck/pheasant because I am one of the few people he knows who doesn't balk at getting a bird that still has it's feathers, head and guts attached.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2009 10:35:26 AM
I've got tins, rice, pasta. I could last a month or two, if I really had to.
 Sugra66
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2010 11:11:12 AM
Buy our food daily since having to leave freezer in old house as new one is too small for it so a day for us.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > If the shops ran out of food.?