Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > It was my fault, but I want him back.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pitch Blease
Msg: 15
It was my fault, but I want him back.Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
This site really needs an under 21 section.

I'll give you the same schpeel I give the rest of the kids. Don't do drugs, use condoms and stay in school. That's the only things you need to be worrying about at your age.
 mcwr
Msg: 16
It was my fault, but I want him back.
Posted: 8/1/2009 7:08:14 PM
If he takes you back, he is an idiot.
 readyornot57
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 7:15:49 PM
OP, I don't really know what to say about this.
But I want to tell you that I read your profile and the first thing you say is that you are not very happy with your life right now.
You are just 18 years old and can do so many things, including going to school.
Apparently, you are a caregiver for your Mom?
Do you think that not having a positive direction is leading you to do things such as make a pass at your ex? Or feel neglected cause your current boyfriend is going to school?
I think a good honest look at yourself could help point you in a direction that will make you happier.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/1/2009 7:36:03 PM
If you really care about this guy the way you say you do, you'll go all out to get him back. Bring some Goobers and Raisenettes too!
 ~JustSimplyMe~
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 7:58:04 PM
Taking an ex back is like putting sour milk in the trash and taking it back out after a couple of days.....does it taste any better?
 parklabrea
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 8:04:49 PM
"My boyfriend is very supportive..." I don't get it. Earlier you said he makes you feel worthless. Do these aspects of your relationship co-exist?
 packagedealx3
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 11:13:11 PM

Oh that is what I should of mentioned.

The reason...This ex showed me some feels eg. happiness, attention and he always NEVER made me feel like I was worthless. Where as my boyfriend moved away to uni and he completly changed and made me feel worthless, it was like I wasn't his girlfriend and just some girl he hardly talks to. I didn't feel like his girlfriend and all because he was too busy about his mates and didn't seem to care if me and him broke up. Also we would argue/talk about all this but it was the same for a year and he has another 3 years to go.

We had counseling, as I had problems at the beginning and so I didn't push him away and lose him I started going and we would also talk about me and him.

Please explain. The way this reads, your ex treated you well and the current boyfriend makes you feel like crap. Still doesn't explain why you made a pass at your ex because I am still not sure why you broke up.

Move away, start fresh, it's too confusing.
 readyornot57
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2009 4:31:55 PM

we went to my exs house that we haven't actually got along with for like a year, we went there to get drunk

Another thing I don't get, Stacey.....you are not getting along for a year and you go there to drink?
As another poster said, you need to step back, get your head together and your boyfriend will appreciate that more than anything....but it is a lot of work.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/2/2009 11:44:43 PM
You can't be trusted and the magic that you had in your relationship is gone.

What bothers me is that just like most cheaters, you act like you are some kind of victim that was put in a spell; almost like a robber but a pistol to your head and said flirt with your ex and have sex with him. You are not a victim or 13 years old. You are an adult and you knowingly cheated;

Like many relationships though this guy sounds kind of insecure and feels he cant' live without you; that is unhealthy in itself; you may take him for granted and do things because you know he won't leave.

This is sad; you dont have a healthy relationship; something drastic has to change; broken people don't make good couples.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/2/2009 11:47:46 PM

Once again, guys breaking the man code.

Never date someone who is or once was a friend of yours, girl. I don't care what the situation is.....it is never ever a good idea and only leads to problems.

Had the current guy not walked in the door then you would have probably had sex with the guy, if not that night, then eventually.

OP, you need to find your selfworth. You are very pretty and you have a great figure. Stop allowing yourself to be used.

As far as other girls being your friend...we are out there, you just have to be a friend to have a friend.

clueless; thats what this post is as far as I'm concerned; even the OP said she was in the wrong and she cheated; end of story; what man code was broken? lol; unreal

Then you compliment her like she is some kind of victim? unreal; and you wonder why women make so many poor decisions in relationships.

She cheated; got caught; and it's all on her; if you aren't happy, you move on; thats what mature people do; selfish people cheat.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/3/2009 1:27:39 AM
Dear OP,
First off, who's dumba$$ idea was it to go get drunk at your exe's house. That was just retarded.
Then, to go into your bedroom to confide in him about how messed up your current relationship is a bad idea. Personally, I think you still have the hots for your ex, or you wouldn't have done any of it. If your bf wanted to play video games, he should play them at your house, or with other friends who haven't screwed his girlfriend. He needs to get a clue and buy a vowel...quick.
You made a pass at him. Ding Ding Ding! I don't care how drunk you were, you did it, and meant to do it. I'll bet you thought it all out beforehand too. The whole accidental crap doesn't float here. You don't get drunk in 5 minutes unless you are mainlining alcohol, and I'll bet you just had a couple, sat on the couch watching them play and plotted how you were going to manage getting your ex alone so you could see if he still wanted to do you!
You know what you did was horrible. You hurt your bf badly, looks like, and you're messing with your exe's head.
You really need some time alone to figure out who and what you are. Because right now you are exhibiting the behavior of a type of woman that they won't let me type in here.
Leave them all alone. They don't need the drama you are creating. Work on yourself.
Beth
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/3/2009 1:55:15 AM
LOL, your bf is on holiday with his friends? Right after he caught you hitting on your ex? LOL, I hope you are not naive enough to think that his buddies, at every available opportunity, are encouraging him to hit on all the women they see. I don't care what he texts, that takes about a minute out of his LONG day.
Yeah, I have an opinion, and it's a pretty valid argument.
Best wishes,
Beth
 bigif
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2009 5:18:36 PM
this is the problem with seeing ur ex's...even if nothing did happen...cuz it creates the temptation of doing something...everything can be lost in an instant...i say try to work it out...good luck
 Roachie67
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/3/2009 5:40:54 PM

Taking an ex back is like putting sour milk in the trash and taking it back out after a couple of days.....does it taste any better?

This quote rocks!
 jonjon87
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:08:28 PM
You might get back together because it is a long relationship. However, if it was me and you made a pass at your ex only tells me one thing. Oh and the whole "I was drunk does not really work" you knew what you were doing. I would do a lot of talking and doing what it is your ex now would like you to do to get things back on track.
 OutMind
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/5/2009 7:48:32 AM
If I was your boyfriend I would simply dump you like a bad cold. You obviously are so insecure that has to get drunk and then make passes at other people. Today is your ex, tomorrow who else?

Now, if he takes you back, well you deserve each other and whatever happens.
 mcwr
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/5/2009 12:39:35 PM
Do a favor for him and dump him.
 desirable_male
Msg: 92
Posted: 8/5/2009 1:02:50 PM
Good on you Stacey you tell them...You did come on here for advice some people seem to think that they know it all....just because of your age they will try use that against my advice is do what you think is best
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > It was my fault, but I want him back.