Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Morphic Fields do they exist ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jiperly
Msg: 2
Morphic Fields do they exist ? Page 1 of 1    
When I was a kid, there was a class for students who were having learning difficulties- some kids were sent there for math, or science, and some spent the entire day there.

How does this science explain that? If 30 kids were all learning the same equation, and theres some kind of feild that allows learning faster because someone else learned it first, wouldn't eventually we get to a point where kids would know math in the womb?
 heterotic
Msg: 4
Morphic Fields do they exist ?
Posted: 8/4/2009 1:36:48 PM
If a science theory is falsifiable then it is not a pseudoscience.

I believe this theory is true, and you can use the Flynn Effect as an example.
 Mojo4Free
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/4/2009 1:44:23 PM
Midichlorians!
 tomgato
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:12:00 PM

Otherwise, the "morphic field" would be passing on both "good" and "bad" logic, and the overall effect would be "steady state," "stasis," whatever. It would all come out a wash, no? In a case like that, where both "progressive" and "regressive" knowledge, logic, etc is being generated, how could we "measure" the presence of the "morphic field?"

I like your train of thought here. It reminds me of the old phrase "learning by osmosis", the picking up of good, or bad habits/thought patterns just by being in the vicinity of them!
 Is too hot
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/11/2009 2:53:39 AM

numerous tests have been carried out , search the net

I've tried and all I can come up with are descriptions of ambiguous tests. I cannot verify your description of the rat test. Could you please provide a link?

I'm highly skeptical of this hypothesis. If it were true, cummulative learning would have every species much more advanced than they are now. Everyone who has dealt with teaching human kids to talk, walk, read or go potty knows what I'm talking about. Baby birds still have to learn to fly and many don't make it. I see no first-hand evidence of this desptie what Dr. Sheldrake has to say.

He has also postulated that people know when they're being stared at which has been disproven many times. Beware of non-blinded tests is all I can really tell you at the moment.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/11/2009 9:21:20 AM

I believe this theory is true, and you can use the Flynn Effect as an example.

If I read this effect correctly, it basically says that we (individuals) know more because we (society) know more. In fact, we know more because a) there is more to know and b) the dissemination of that information has become a lot easier than it was in the past.
 heterotic
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/11/2009 10:39:34 AM

If I read this effect correctly, it basically says that we (individuals) know more because we (society) know more. In fact, we know more because a) there is more to know and b) the dissemination of that information has become a lot easier than it was in the past.

Exactly.

Just like with the theory of question - when nobody knows how to do something it is harder to learn than if there is someone to teach others. Those others can now teach others, and so on, and so forth exponentially.

It's a fairly elementary idea if you think about it.
 chrono1985
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/11/2009 11:47:37 AM
Sounds like a load of crap to me. The lab rat test mentioned doesn't make any sense because you can have one rate that is just good at pattern recognition, another that has diminished eyesight making it more difficult to see, simply to many factors can influence it for a single test to prove/disprove it. I really think the originator of that idea probably had a community in mind, after all the more people there are that understand a given subject the more opinions and views there are available to students of that subject. My guess would be the incarnation of the idea posted comes about from the tendency of humans not wanting to learn something but still be capable of understanding it, trying to give justification to throwing away the manual then asking questions on how it work.
 Ocean beckons
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2009 10:47:22 PM
The problem with measuring these supposed fields is that they are comprised of particles that cannot be detected by conventional electronic sensors. The particles involved are not electrons, protons or photons but possibly an anti matter state of smaller particles.
Check out "stochastic resonance". Its a small beginning into the acknowledgment of these subtle fields.
 reigny
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/23/2009 11:28:51 PM
There is also the 100th Monkey phenomena.

And its this phenomena and the morphogenic field that is enabling the Earth to shift into a 5th dimension of consciousness heralding the end of our experience of evolving through linear time ... this is what the Mayan are telling us is happening in 2012 (although its already happening as time lines continue to collapse) ... experiencing time as linear is being phased out ... and this shift can happen ... because the number of people required to reach resonance for this to happen has been reached while most on the Planet are oblivious to the fact that anything unusual is happening at all.
 ea┬«ly
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/23/2009 11:32:57 PM

this is what the Mayan are telling us is happening in 2012

Not quite, think December 31.
 themadfiddler
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/23/2009 11:43:42 PM

this is what the Mayan are telling us is happening in 2012

One of the latest articles I have seen suggested the Mayan shamans have about had it with North Americans talking about 2012 and wish we'd all pretty much forget about it and eff off with our confused notions about it's significance or lack thereof because we are hopelessly wrong about their spirituality and, according to them are more or less just a bunch of religious "carpetbaggers" looking for the latest "trip"...

With all respect to any of my fellow posters I am inclined to take the word of the aboriginal shamans on this one and leave them to their own spirituality...we have our own traditions we can follow and 2012 is not particularly a significant date to us thus far...that is depending on what guru of the week you buy into... YMMMV (your magickal mileage may vary)
 scorpiomover
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2009 2:42:55 AM
RE Msg: 2 by Jiperly:
When I was a kid, there was a class for students who were having learning difficulties- some kids were sent there for math, or science, and some spent the entire day there.

How does this science explain that?
I'm sure that there are plenty of things that you learned several years ago. If you saw them again, you'd recall them much quicker than someone who was learning them for the first time. But you still don't recall them at will, and you still need to put in some effort to re-learn them, just less than the people who were learning them for the first time.

If 30 kids were all learning the same equation, and theres some kind of feild that allows learning faster because someone else learned it first, wouldn't eventually we get to a point where kids would know math in the womb?
Again, it just means that you'll learn it quicker than people born in a time when those equations hadn't been thought of yet. Kind of like how kids born today seem to naturally grasp modern theories much quicker than their parents and grandparents, even though they haven't put in nearly as much effort.

RE Msg: 6 by Krebby2001:
Otherwise, the "morphic field" would be passing on both "good" and "bad" logic, and the overall effect would be "steady state," "stasis," whatever. It would all come out a wash, no? In a case like that, where both "progressive" and "regressive" knowledge, logic, etc is being generated, how could we "measure" the presence of the "morphic field?"
That's entirely true. "Good logic" could be passed on, as much as "bad logic". But it would then depend on what you classed as "logic". As long as "bad logic" is still classed as logic, it can still be passed on. But once experience has shown us that "bad logic" is not logical, then this too becomes part of such a morphic field, and then it is equally passed on that the "bad logic" is not logic at all. Our experiences are passed on, and as our experiences teach us things, that gets passed on as well.

But equally, if part of knowledge is forgotten, then it's impression in a morphic field is weakened. Equally, the more people who have a bit of knowledge, the greater the impression in the morphic field.

All of this suggests that what is knowledge, is more easily accepted by the next generation, depending on how many people believe it to be true in this generation. and how much of an impression that it continues to make in our minds. Such a field would have similar effects to giving us a hive mind with a hive memory. It would do much to explain why humans still are able to behave as a herd, when we've lost the instinct to instantaneously copy each other to form instant stampedes, as other animals do.
 acuddler
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/25/2009 5:28:37 PM
The theory is as valid as any other until it is fully disproven...which, so far, it hasn't been. It would be interesting to research, and experiment with, but I can't buy into it fully until I see more evidence for it. So, I am open minded on the subject. Rat maze runs prove nothing about anything. Rats are stupid. Get one used to running a particular maze, and change the maze, and the dumb rat will try to run the old route...trying to go through what once were open paths but are now walls...even when he can see the new open path. The rat has the most basic level of intelligence... memory,and very little else. It relies on memory more than on vision, or anything else. By stumbling around, the rat can eventually learn the new maze by forming new memories.
 acuddler
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/26/2009 2:15:29 PM
The galactic alignment which will occur in 2012 has only occured abut 48,000 times before...without destroying the world. Why would this time be any different? The Mayan prophecies said their god would come back, and start a golden age of peace, and prosperity...in the very year that the Spanish Conquistadors arrived...to delive a dark age of pillage, rape, plunder, and genocide. Mayan prophets aint all they are cracked upo to be; is they?

ETI exists, and is intelligent enough to avoid us like the plague we are.

I suspect that most UFOs which are genuine somethings other than swamp gas, airplanes, etc, are probably us from the future coming back in time ships on historical/archeological research trips. ETIs are too busy developing the inner core of the galaxy to bother with comeing to the outer rim much.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Morphic Fields do they exist ?