Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > My Love Story      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dinkylove
Msg: 1
My Love StoryPage 1 of 1    
So I joined POF when I was still technically in a relationship. A friend had asked me to help him rewrite his profile, and I was doing some research to see what all of the most popular male profiles had in common.
At the same time, I was in the process of ending a bad relationship that had gone on FAR too long. The day I finally ended it, I thought to myself, "What the hell? Some new male friends could do me some good right now. I don't have to be looking for a relationship to put myself out there!" so I rewrote my profile to give a bit more information about myself while making it clear that I wasn't looking for anything serious.
I got my first message from Mark that day. July 3rd, 2009.
We were both "seeing" other people, we had both just come out of serious relationships, we were both just testing the waters. The last thing I expected, or even WANTED was to get serious, let alone with a guy who's 4 years older than me and has a daughter.

We met at a coffee shop on July 5th.
A week later, having spent every single day together since we met, we realized that neither of us had spoken to the other people we were "seeing" in a week. We realized that we didn't want to.
I'm not sure exactly when we became "official." I guess it might have been when his brother was talking to his friend and refered to me as "Mark's girl," and we didn't correct him. I dunno.

The last thing I thought I needed was to fall in love.
It's only been a month, and he's going WAY out of his way to come see me later today so that he can wish me luck before I have my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow. He is honestly the most amazing man I have ever met, and I really do think that he has saved me. I don't know where I would be right now, or even WHO I would be if I hadn't met him when I did, but I know that I wouldn't be this happy. Mark has helped me to see and to really believe that I deserve to be loved and adored and treated well, no matter what. To quote the great Edna Turnblad: "Knights in armor don't come any shinier."
Thank you, Mark, for loving me.
And thank you, POF, for helping us find each other. <3
 minako79
Msg: 2
My Love Story
Posted: 8/6/2009 3:58:52 PM
congratulations! many new happines to you and your boyfriend!
 Lion_1980
Msg: 3
My Love Story
Posted: 8/7/2009 8:45:56 AM
yes, congrats....but since both of you never "told" you others...have you told them yet, or just let them figure that out on their own. You know, there is a "right" way to end another chapter and then start a new one. I don't know your ful story, but i think the "others" should have at least a bit more respect to know that it's officially over by you two tell them....if you did then, that's fine.....
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > My Love Story