Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Communication gaps, and breakdown of failures      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OutMind
Msg: 3
Communication gaps, and breakdown of failuresPage 1 of 1    
Wasn't this deleted yesterday?
 justcuzwhatever
Msg: 4
Communication gaps, and breakdown of failures
Posted: 8/7/2009 12:38:06 PM
OP, do you actually know what the term "passive-aggressive" means? The medical definition is as follows: "Pertaining to behavior in which feelings of aggression are expressed in passive ways as, for example, by stubbornness, sullenness, procrastination, or intentional inefficiency."

It is NOT passive aggressive to think an opening email should contain more than "Hi, how are you?"

It is NOT passive aggressive to decide not to answer an email for any darned reason at all.

It MIGHT just be a teeny bit passive aggressive to come onto the forums and post a whiny thread that goes dangerously into the "I'm a nice guy and why won't girls answer" zone.
 cwazychicken
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/7/2009 5:41:56 PM
I agree and same thing goes for men. If you don't like someone, don't string them along saying you love them when your actions say other wise. I had a boyfriend who said he really loved me and blah blah blah, just for a free place to stay, tried to take my food stamps and sell them to his friends...i said no, Tried to get me to rent computers for his friends...i said HELL NO.....and finally, found out he was doing insurance fraud with his aunt and that was the end of that. I FREAKED out at him for being a lying sack of you know...dog poo. Let people know in a respectable manner that you are just trying to date again and that theres no chemistry, a lot of the times the person will understand if you are honest. However, string her along for 3 months and dump her just to marry someone a month later, is beyond acceptable. Had that happen to me. But now that i think about it, im glad he did it...as i found a person whos so much better than he ever was....even though its new, i know he knows how to respect a lady!
 kpooks
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2009 6:04:48 PM
I agree. What's so difficult about saying "you're nice but not really my type" or "this isn't working for me"? It's called honestly communicating, and being an adult.

Any person over 18 is legally an adult, much as they like to play childish games.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2009 6:11:55 PM
You have to be here longer than 10 days to post that long of a whine. It's in the rules, okay well in MY copy. (I'm saving up my whine points, anyone want to buy a few?)
 Damnprosthetichead
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/7/2009 11:54:07 PM
OP, wow, those are some really condescending observations you've got there. And I don't think you are going to have a lot of success trying to convince women that they are the reason for your failure to pick them up. Perhaps do what any non-insane person would do and look to yourself to attempt to correct your own failed efforts.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/8/2009 12:10:36 AM
If you read my profile, posts, interests, and look at my pictures, and can't think of anything more interesting to say in your initial email than 'Hi, how are you?' then you need a little help wih your social skills.

Yeah, it's an introduction, but for God's sake, put a LITTLE effort into it!
Beth
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Communication gaps, and breakdown of failures