Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > CFL Football 2009      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 haywiresue
Msg: 1
CFL Football 2009Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
It appears that the Bomber thread has been done away with and possibly some poster are away at summer "Banned Camp"

CLF Football is a great topic for conversation and it can be a passionate topic, but we all should remember how to play nice in the sand box.

Friday's CFL Football lineup was very interesting. I was amazed that Toronto did not get any points against Ottawa, and that goose egg seems to go with the loosing streak of Toronto's hockey team. I really felt bad for Toronto as the Argos just took control and the number of QB sacks left me speechless.

The Saskatchewan/BC game was better as each side were scoring points. I absolutely loved that fumble, kick, kick, scramble and finally TD play that was executed. Still, I am amazed at the number of QB sacks in that game.

It will be interesting to see todays games and what the Bombers do.
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 2
view profile
History
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/8/2009 1:33:00 PM
It seems to me that the defenses are winning a lot of the games.

I hope I'm still awake to catch tonight's game.
 OhNoItsDano
Msg: 3
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/8/2009 4:02:10 PM
Yeah it's gonna be a late one tonight...If Bishop has worked on re-conditioning himself and not get gassed out by the first half, I think they'll do great...that's assuming the defense and special teams keep up their excellent work.
 Chirmerical JD
Msg: 4
view profile
History
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/8/2009 7:27:06 PM
hmmmm...... 2 and out times about 5 so far, only 1 completed pass and 10 yds total offence and we are in the second quarter.............Bishop is sure working out so far

The tabbies beat edmonton though in a nailbiter.............like to see edmonton lose.....no matter what the sport......and cheers to the tabbies having a good year.
 Santek
Msg: 5
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/8/2009 8:07:52 PM
They had Calgary on their on 4 yard line with a 2nd and 22 and Calgary gets a touchdown. Me thinks that the Bombers defense was reading their own press.
 TooShadows
Msg: 6
view profile
History
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/9/2009 6:11:06 AM
I gave up listening to the game at the end of the 1st half and went to bed. Apparently the Bombers made a fight of it in the 2nd half so maybe I should have stayed. There's obviously a lot of work that needs to be done by the whole team. Even our much vaunted defence was a little lacking last night,although it could have been exhaustion.
 leb/can
Msg: 7
view profile
History
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/9/2009 6:38:46 AM
almost did the same as Too, except i left a friends place because i couldn't watch anymore after the first half. got home turned the game on and started kicking myself. if only they had played like that in the first half.
it seems that tko on Bishop ignited him, maybe we need to smack him on the head before each game!!
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 8
view profile
History
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/9/2009 7:00:54 AM
They looked pretty good in the second half. Maybe leb/can has an idea.

Actually I don't like to see any athlete having a concussion. I hope Bishop doesn't have any long term problems from knocking himself out.
 OhNoItsDano
Msg: 9
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/9/2009 7:51:50 AM
Yeah did he ever get rocked! I too almost turned off the game, but glad I didn't as I got to see the offense actually play well and someone finally turned the defense's switch on. The offense finally started mixing things up between the run and pass.
 haywiresue
Msg: 10
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/10/2009 4:22:17 PM
I absolutely enjoyed Saturday's game between Edmonton and Hamilton. What a Game!

That was the best game I have watched this season. The teams were right at each other and the plays creative. It was a game that you just had to watch and was exciting right down to the last play of the 4th quarter. Even the rain did not dampen the desire of each team to try and win. I only hope the Grey Cup Final is this exciting.

Watching the Bombers play after that was kind of a let down, but they are dealing with issues bringing in a new QB and getting him comfortable with a new team. This may not be the Bombers year, not that I am discounting them, as they could turn things around and get the momentum going to pull things together. They did put some points on the scoreboard, so it was not that bad. However, if its not this year, then next year the players, coaches and management will be under the microscope and taking blame for not doing well.
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 11
view profile
History
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/10/2009 4:42:44 PM
I am still afraid to say anything as it may get another thread pulled.....

If you want to talk about schizophrenic ...what was that when the Bombers played..
IN THE SECOND HALF
it was like someone turned on a light switch and said....ok guys go play football cause thats what you do!

The commentators kept repeating Kelly's words..the players have got to "man up"...and they did!

Maybe there is still hope....at least that was what I kept my fingers crossed for.....
BUT
if you think you can hang your hat on Bishop...don't hold your breath.....they could have actually won that game....but true to his style....sometimes brilliant but when the pressure is on , he mis-reads...tries forcing passes and gets intercepted

You know the one definition of insanity , don't you? When you keep doing the same thing over and over again and keep getting the same results while always expecting to get different reults.

However, just in case this post is being scrutinized.....let me ask : Do think you would like to get a "pass" from Bishop or a "pass" from Lafors.....that is if you were in the bar and they thought you were sexy.......there that should keep this on a dating venue!!!
 haywiresue
Msg: 12
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/10/2009 6:32:40 PM
Bishop and the receivers did have some difficulty in the last game. However they are still getting to know one another and it can be hard to predict the speed of a receiver if you are not familiar with their playing style and running ability under pressure. Bishop has a good arm and it would be easy to blame him, but it is a team sport and everyone has a part and no two plays are the same as coverage and openings change.

When Bishop had his bell rung by that onetackle, his playing style changed and he was better. So, I am not ready to give up on the Bombers or diss Kelly yet as I think they will pick up the pace, create more opportunities, and play some really good ball.

Go Bombers
 OhNoItsDano
Msg: 13
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/11/2009 2:55:26 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ugh...not this drivel again! Let the guy coach some f&*#ing football. Look at Serna...he's been pretty awesome this year...last year, not so much. Seems to be doing quite well under Kelly's clock.

Trevor who??
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 14
view profile
History
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/11/2009 5:39:06 PM
Congrats to Reid !
More applause to Dougy Brown!

So let's ask a question here...I guess you could say I am just an arm chair quarter back but going into this game, Calgary is known to have the weekest defence against the run....a quarterback especially one still learning the offence needs as much time as he can get in the backfield......so would it take a football genius to realize that a running game needs to established EARLY IN A GAME ?

Thats a coaching strategy..... and decision......

You know i know I am not too bright but why do I keep seeing things that should have been done....that would only make common sense .....and just are not being done?

On a different note, it would appear the BB have one helluva defensive co-ordinator. The offensive co-ordinator appears to be doing ok with the offence......so who is calling the plays? who is making game plans?

And lastly, who caught the last Kelly interview? Did I hear him say he was crying after talking to Dunigan after getting off the phone with him because he was making no sense due to a head injury...."CRYING???"

Well he must really bawl his eyes out listening to Dunigan on the panel!! LOL!!
Actually Dunigan is cool.....but I "CRY" every time Rod Black commentates!! Crap ! For a guy who used to be from Winnipeg he sure doesn't know his football!
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 15
view profile
History
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/12/2009 10:00:37 PM
DTC, obviously, you didn't see it. It was actually part of Kelly's response to questions about concusions and more particularily about him putting Bishop back in the game after he had gotten knocked out!!
 haywiresue
Msg: 16
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/14/2009 2:23:29 PM
Thursdays game Calgary at Edmonton was a real nail biter. What an exciting game! I wasn't cheering for any one team, I kept hoping each team would make their attempts for the opposite end zone.

I was impressed with Edmonton's QB Ricky Ray and his touchdown. Some of the plays were really impressive and exciting to watch.

Calgary played well and I liked how they modified their play to move and protect the pocket for their QB. He took a few good hits. I sat there wondering what happened to the D life for some of those sacks.

I enjoy games where the scoring continues to the last few minutes of the game....and any game where a TD is scored with seconds on the clock, is definitely worth the admission. That is 2 games, I believed were worth watching so far this year. Maybe the Bombers will be the third.
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 17
view profile
History
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/15/2009 8:10:25 AM
Well today we find out what the Bombers are really made of!

THE BIRDS ARE COMING!!

I warn you IT MAYBE AUGLY !

Not that I am hoping for that.....I actually think our defence is quite capable of containing Cabellero! But oh the interceptions!!! But oh the interceptions!!! that our offence will be giving up!!

Edmonton / Calgary game is what we watch CFL for....exciting at its best.

B.C. / Toronto as exciting but less well performed....and T.O. pees me off with losing that one...

So even if Winnipeg loses today they are still tied for 3rd place.
 haywiresue
Msg: 18
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/15/2009 10:13:58 AM
The BC at Toronto game yesterday was like an Agatha Christie mystery. BC was behind till the 4th quarter and then kind of came alive. It was exciting watching that BC interception and last touchdown as the clock ran out. It's too bad they were not as dominant earlier in the game. I was kind of impressed with the way the BC receivers would wave at the QB when they were able to catch a pass. Maybe the bombers could use that till Bishop gets better acquainted with our receivers.

Now talk about field goals, Toronto would have been in big trouble on the scoreboard withoug all those points. Not as pretty of a game, but it was nice watching the kicker challenge some records, he will be interesting to follow.

Bombers today, well I hope they have ironed out some of their problems and can keep it together in the rain. It will be interesting to see if Bishop is more comfortable with more of the receiving line, so he can execute more diverse plays.

Go Bombers...........
 TooShadows
Msg: 19
view profile
History
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/15/2009 6:00:19 PM
Well,barely into the 2nd quarter and Montreal's leading 24-6. Unless Winnipeg really turns things around this will be another game where I only listen to the 1st half.
 Santek
Msg: 20
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/15/2009 6:12:58 PM
Big breakdowns on all sides of the ball. Again they came out and crapped the bed :(
 haywiresue
Msg: 21
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/15/2009 9:49:17 PM
This evenings Montreal at Winnipeg was certainly a disappointment for Bomber fans. As professionals, the Bombers were a disgrace as a team, and it reflects the entire Bomber organization.

The starting QB should not go onto the field in a confused state, or be confused on what plays to execute. Definitely there is a communication breakdown there. That should have never taken place. It's the 7th week of games and Bishop should have his game on, instead of adding to his stats of being a hot/cold player. I'm beginning to wonder "What in hell the scouts and Kelly thinking about picking Bishop to play?" Its time Bishop began to lead the team, or begin to think about where he will be playing next year.

What was going on with all the Bomber fumbles?????

Coach Kelly........please remind your team that they are to start performing at the opening kick off........................not wait till the 3rd or 4th quarter to begin to get it together and start making plays.

The way they played, is deserving of last place in the league, and if the new organization expects "bums in the seats" or season ticket sales to increase to fill the new stadium........somebody needs to light a fire under the team and make them worthy for people to spend money to watch them play. I'm thinking one will see better ball watching the Bison play and local High School Football.
 OmbreRose2
Msg: 22
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/16/2009 9:47:38 AM
My partner is a die hard Bomber fan and I am not. As a matter of fact I find most sports are played in bad sportsman mentality. What that means if the players no matter what the game is played the game as a game and stop the constant fist fighting it would draw more people in. That is the big turn off for me second that to the greedy sums they demand not get but Demand.

The Bombers constantly fumble along in their games. Yes they do have some wins but wonder if they are true reflections of their abilities. Are the other teams allowing them to win to draw the Bombers into a false security? Just so they can learn the strength and weakness early in the year and then beat the crap outta them before play off. Oh yea they have made it to the play off wonder how because they sure choke up once in them.

I am sure you die hards will tell me when they last won the Grey Cup.....

Nope not a Bomber Fan however would like to see them improve and win a few more for my partner sake.
 OhNoItsDano
Msg: 23
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/16/2009 11:37:58 AM
We haven't seen what they can do for an entire game yet! We got killed on turnovers...waaaayyyy too many fumbles and dropped passes. New receivers on the horizon? I'd almost bet that's a given!

On CJOB's post-game show, Kelly was taking the blame for this loss again, but sorry I'm not buying that one. PLAYERS have to execute what the coaches call out and they didn't do that, plain and simple. That O-line doesn't need a bandaid for that gash...it needs surgery! LOL
 TooShadows
Msg: 24
view profile
History
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/16/2009 12:30:20 PM
Yeah,and the defence sure took a powder around the end of the 1st quarter,when Calvillo scored 3 touchdowns on 3 passes in a row. Dano's right:it's hard for the best coaches when the players just aren't executing as they're supposed to be.
 LucOberdere
Msg: 25
view profile
History
CFL Football 2009
Posted: 8/16/2009 12:45:04 PM
Wow. That was bad !

Hate to sound like someone else (*grin) but Dunwoody, or Dunwitty sure woudl look good just about now...

At least our kicker is doing well.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > CFL Football 2009