Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > women hitting men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ibakecakes
Msg: 2
view profile
History
women hitting menPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I have a close friend who is involved in an abusive relationship. She will however be the first to admit that she blatantly provokes the situation and has on many occasions hit her partner first.
To me, there should be no justification for violence in a relationship either from a man or a woman. I know that most people would always get up in arms about poor women who are hit but then almost find men who receive abuse as a kind of joke.........having seen the results of many domestic violence situations, I can assure you that at times, I would rather face a violent man than a woman............
 Cargy.
Msg: 10
view profile
History
women hitting men
Posted: 8/9/2009 6:53:26 AM
I'm almost blind in my right eye because of a violent and abusive ex. Ironically I could easily have decked her in one punch. She simply knew my upbringing and olde worlde manners prevented me retaliating.

On top of that, as msg10 points out, attempts to push away/restrain an aggressive female are often interpreted as evidence of attack rather than defence (and on the few occasions I contacted the Police, my ex was able to capitalise on her Oscar-calibre acting abilities, and gain their sympathy).

At the moment the system is (understandably) heavily weighted in favour of the woman in any given DV scenario. So even if you do succeed in getting the Police or other authorities involved, they always err on the woman's side and assume the woman is the person in danger.

I used to work on the basis that I'd NEVER hit a woman. These days, as a product of my experiences, I would respond with appropriate force, knowing that I would be damned either way.
 Cargy.
Msg: 18
view profile
History
women hitting men
Posted: 8/9/2009 9:08:12 AM

I have only hit a man once in my life. yes it was wrong of me but hey he needed it.....

Every person who hits someone justifies it with they 'needed' or even 'deserved' it!
 ibakecakes
Msg: 24
view profile
History
women hitting men
Posted: 8/9/2009 9:39:51 AM
The other issue is that fact that often, when police are called to DV incidents, they find themselves on the receiving end of some grief when they try to arrest the offender...'don't take my Darren away, he didn't mean it'...................and if you get over that hurdle, many times the victim changed their minds the next day etc etc and just went back to the relationship cos 'he didn't mean it. he won't do it again'

I have total sympathy for anyone who is a victim of domestic violence as I've already stated but you have to want to help yourself. If you allow the other person to keep getting away with it, they will keep doing it. There is help for those who want it whether you are male or female
 MYR_25
Msg: 40
view profile
History
women hitting men
Posted: 9/5/2009 2:52:26 AM
I took the mother in law out last night....

...pow right in the kisser, beautiful shot it was.

Seriously though in my view, as expressed plenty of times already probably, that a man that hits a women has no right to call himself a man in any way shape or form.
 andy-mac
Msg: 43
view profile
History
women hitting men
Posted: 9/5/2009 7:35:42 AM
domestic voilence is just that no matter if its male on female or female on male,,, and any1 who stays around after its been done once get what they deserve im afraid.. like cheating they do it once they will do it again of course this is my personal opinion
 andy-mac
Msg: 45
view profile
History
women hitting men
Posted: 9/5/2009 7:48:49 AM
well then they should leave and get out of it non of this rubbish i love him / i love her,, or i got nowhere 2 go theres always somewhere 2 go
 Warrencraig
Msg: 49
view profile
History
women hitting men
Posted: 9/5/2009 9:55:52 PM
Ive only been hit by a partner once and that was by a really insecure ex who used to start pointless arguements for no reason other than she felt she "needed" to have one. I wouldnt rise to the bait so on one occasion she turned to throwing things at me and trying to hit me to provoke a response!! luckily being stronger it was easy to restrain her without needing to hit her as such.

Oh and the level of patheticness of her arguement was just daft. I had flown over to belfast to see her and a friend back home asked if i could bring back some onion ring crisps, which i did, so her arguement in her psychotic little mind was that i flew all the way to belfast to buy some crisps and that seeing her was secondary!!! WTF!! And she expected me to argue over something as stupid as that???

Although in self defence i wouldnt think twice about hitting someone, male or female. As has been said, there are some very vicious woman out there who try and take advantage of thier so called "vulnerability" and the belief that men wont hit them back to get away with violence.
 bresker
Msg: 52
women hitting men
Posted: 9/6/2009 7:10:10 AM
A woman started hitting me once outside the taxi office at 1am. I didn't want to hit her back so I grabbed her wrists and held on to them. I soon regretted this because then she started kicking me in the shins with her pointy shoes.

It was very sore.

But I never thought about hitting her back. I could never punch a lady.
 bresker
Msg: 56
women hitting men
Posted: 9/6/2009 7:37:07 AM

I have to agree with SJXX, that was definately no lady, how come you did'nt retaliate?

Well for a start, I just wouldn't. It feels wrong.

Then, I am 6 ft 2 and she was a wee skinny lass about 5ft 3. That's not a fair contest.

There were a lot of blokes around who would have kicked the sh*t out of me if they saw me hitting a girl.

And I may have ended up in the police cells, again.

I'm not much into violence.
 andy-mac
Msg: 57
view profile
History
women hitting men
Posted: 9/6/2009 12:52:41 PM
these places 2 go ermm where do i start family friends hostels... or even better get the voilent 1 out the house ave them arrested change locks and get injunction neither sex should put up with that crap
 electric-gypsy
Msg: 79
view profile
History
women hitting men
Posted: 9/8/2009 2:09:30 PM

If youre prepared to throw a punch, be prepared to take one back. Regardless of gender.

I agree. I've been in fights with men (not boyfriends)... One of them took place in a taxi queue a few years back. The guy made the first move - he shoved me so I whacked him one. He belted me back and I returned the favor with a swift right. We both walked away with a few cuts and bruises. I don't give a rip. B*stard probably thinks twice now before he thumps a woman. Some of us fight back.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 83
view profile
History
women hitting men
Posted: 9/9/2009 6:32:30 PM
self defence laws do not differentiate betwen gender!!!

You could be built like mike tyson and if some tiny woman punchs you, then you can still punch them back as long as you dont use excessive force.

Just because someone is capable of punching hard due to thier size doesnt mean they automatically need to use all thier weight behind a punch, nor does it mean that because you are physically stonger than your opponant then you shouldnt be allowed to defend yourself using reasonable force.

Restraining someone almost always risks further injury to yourself, punching them in the face is no direct risk to yourself......

Again theres nothing in the self defence laws saying you should take a hit first either!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > women hitting men