Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Is This Too Kinky For You?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DJMac
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Is This Too Kinky For You?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I was recently dating this girl who confided in my that she was pretty open sexually, and didnt have any taboos. Thats fine with me I am an open minded person. She also told me she was into role playing, and I told her I had never done that before but I would be willing to try. The first game we played was the young college girl who needs an A really badly. She was the student and I was the professor. I have to admit that was kinda fun. Then the games took an unusual turn. She told me she liked to do role plays that involve breaking taboos. I wasnt sure what she meant until she described the next game she wanted to play. She wanted to be the sexy stepmother who seduces her teenage stepson. I told her that was just a bit too much for me and bordered on the lines of incest. She then called me narrow minded and left. I tried to call her, but she made it clear she wants nothing more to do with me.

So I ask, did I do something wrong by refusing to play a role that I wasnt comfortable with.

Also is the roleplaying act of step parents and step children too kinky???
 OneMoreNutt
Msg: 2
Is This Too Kinky For You?
Posted: 8/10/2009 10:50:18 AM
You did nothing wrong. She wanted to do something you weren't comfortable with, you declined. Of course, it would depend on how you chose to decline. Were your words harsh like " oh hell no! that's just sick! " or just a simple "I don't feel comfortable in that role, let's try something else". That would make quite a big difference.

As to the question about the act of step-parents and step-children too kinky... For me it would be, for others, maybe not.
 DJMac
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2009 11:01:50 AM
I told her in a nice way that I didnt want to do the step mother/step son role, and that I wasnt comfortable doing that. I suggested doing something else like a patient in the hospitol who gets some special care from his nurse, and a couple of other things, but she told me I was narrow minded for not wanting to partipate in her fantasy.
 mcwr
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/10/2009 11:29:09 AM
LOL. Ask her if she is trying to relive being sexually abused.
 OutMind
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/10/2009 11:46:16 AM
My question is. Did you actually "did it" during the first role playing? And when did she suggest the second role playing? Right after you did it the first time, during, or some other day.

The thing is, if she doesn't want anything to do with you, are you sure is because you wouldn't play that game? Or something else?
 mcwr
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/10/2009 11:47:34 AM

Role playing that way does not signify in any way abuse

Some people do this as another form of sexual expression

If both partners are into it

Who cares?

The fact that she wants to roleplay being his "step mom" is weird, at least. If a girl wanted to roleplay that I was her father, I would be very concerned that she was abused by her father. I would not want to be intimate with someone that had that kind of baggage. I am not a psychologist, and I definately don't want a dysfunctional relationship. I wouldn't want someone like that to be the mother of my children either.
 TooShadows
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2009 12:52:47 PM
I don't know if I'd consider that "kinky". It sounds pretty harmless to me,but I guess it depends on your point of view. Incest is usually considered to be blood relatives having sex,so it's hard to say where non-blooded people in a family fit in. It's not like she asked you pee or crap on her,or have sex with her dog,etc. Role playing is just that.
 Truth1ness
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/10/2009 1:41:08 PM
That's not even the kinkiest thing I've done today.

Truthy...Son, your mom's been looking for you she had that LOOK, in her eye.
 itechman63
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2009 2:01:47 PM
Isn't the point of role playing typically trying to get the experience of the taboo without being taboo? I mean, there are things wrong with college professors getting it on with their students for an 'A' too.

I don't think that in itself her wanting to role play that fantasy was such a bad thing... her reaction to your not wanting to is what should be concerning. I think she might have done you a favor by shutting the door on you based upon her reaction.

As for you, you weren't comfortable with something and you didn't compromise yourself or your beliefs. That's not about what anyone else thinks, it's about how you feel about it and how you handled. It's always a good think to not compromise yourself.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/10/2009 4:25:10 PM
Look, you have nothing to feel sorry for. You were perfectly willing to go along with the role play, it's just that that particular one was a bit uncomfortable for you. When you expressed this, she pulled the 'all or nothing' card. That is called 'Manipulation' and it is the biggest no-no there is in a relationship. Write her off. She was trying to force you to perform to her standards, not to mutually agreed up0n roles.

People who do this are selfish and abusive. She obviously has no respect for your limits and boundaries, and needs to go off and find a partner who either shares her same fantasies, or who will put an end to her controlling behavior. Be glad she is gone.
Beth
 pleasurelimits
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/11/2009 12:07:01 AM
I would like to suggest that she gets a little help, this speaks of underlying issues that need addressing, you are probably better off out of it. Role playing between consenting adults can be fun for the participants if that is their kink but some suggestions warrant deeper investigating, don't stress but if she contacts you again tell her that a professional in the field has suggested she seek someone out who can talk through some issues that she may want to address. Move on mate
 want to travel
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2009 2:38:42 AM
role playing is fun, she has an imagination, you dont, nuff said
 Dare to
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/11/2009 3:27:37 AM
Seems like you weren't right for her and she wasn't right for you, so what's the problem? You knew she was into things you didn't like and she knew that you weren't into things that were important to her. So she called it off..... Seems like the sensible thing to do if you ask me!!

All those people horrified that it was a step mother/stepson scenario and are saying it is too close to incest.. Do you have the same reaction to the schoolgirl roleplay as well??? Do you think that every guy who wants his woman to do the cute little uniform and necktie dress up is a secret pedophile?? Please....
 CharmedinKtown
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/13/2009 4:51:40 PM
I simply won't role play any family scenarios.

There is enough crap and kink out there, no need to dwell into the incestuous kind.

BUT.... it depends on your level of comfort at knowing full well its roleplay. I say if you were uncomfortable then drawing the line was the perfect solution for you. Her loss, trust me .... she will find SOOOO many out there that will fill her kinks that your peace of mind shouldn't cost you a thing.
 Norimaro
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2009 11:38:19 AM
I think she may have been pushing the envelope towards something else. To react the way she did makes me think she was going to get more explicit and try other taboos...more extreme though. You were a prop that didn't work when she wanted it to so she discarded it.

Don't mean to be harsh, that's just what I thought
 coveredinpaint
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/18/2009 11:50:57 AM
What about just changing it slightly and doing like a Stiffler's mom sort of fantasy. Instead of a step mom, it could just be like your best friends mom. Also, a step mom isn't incest because she is not blood related.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/18/2009 1:18:42 PM
geez what's the big deal? Big Daddy's away and sexy step mom wants boinked by the clueless but testoserone filled young stud. it's role playing with just a hint of naughtiness. sounds easy enough by my standards.

but then i was partying with Rick James and a bunch of groupies back in the 80's and he said "Damn Tom, you really is a super freak! i think i'll write a song about women who are as freaky as you!"

the rest is history.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/18/2009 4:31:06 PM
I wouldn't give it a second thought.

She is wrong for not accepting your safe card, and also for making you feel bad about it. It was bound to happen sooner or later.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/30/2009 1:46:52 PM
OP - the fact that you were a willing partner with her on other scenarios proves that you are not close minded. It's not fair for her to try to shame you into participating in something you weren't comfortable with. You should have suggested she have someone else "audition" for that part. You should have asked her what things SHE would never do. I bet she has her "limits". What she wanted to do is ageplay - not everyone is comfortable with that and finds it too closely related to pedophilia.

Even kinksters have limits. I wouldn't say that she was too kinky for you, I would just say that not all of her kinks are going to mesh with yours.
For example having sex where there's a high risk of getting caught. Many people, even vanilla really get excited about that. Not me - I HATE the idea and I'm pretty kinky. I need to be someplace where I feel safe and can relax and enjoy my partner. Too much risk for me.

Remember the movie "9 1/2 Weeks"? He kept pushing and pushing her and didn't know when to stop.
 want to travel
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2009 2:14:06 PM
you where rite in telling her you where not 'ok' with her role play.... she was not wrong to want to do it, in my opinion all role play is fine, i would love to meet a woman with that kind of imagination , she sounds like she is intelligent, very creative, you may have lost a great lover
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/30/2009 2:53:06 PM

She wanted to be the sexy stepmother who seduces her teenage stepson. I told her that was just a bit too much for me and bordered on the lines of incest. She then called me narrow minded and left. I tried to call her, but she made it clear she wants nothing more to do with me.

Hmmm. Incest? I think the verbiage is "step-son" ~ there is no genetic link there. OP??? Why did you think in terms of incest ~ that disturbs me much more than her fantasy. Odd.

So I ask, did I do something wrong by refusing to play a role that I wasnt comfortable with.

You did the right thing for you. You should never indulge in something you are not comfortable with. JMO

Also is the roleplaying act of step parents and step children too kinky???
 sonofabiscuit2
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2009 2:56:55 PM
Every person has their limit on what they are willing to do sexually. Personally I won't have sex with another man in the room, I won't do anything with urine or feces and I won't do anything with an animal. I'm sure there are other things I won't do, but the point is I know my limitations and if someone were to cross those I wouldn't continue to play along. If I was the person crossing someone else's limits I think I'd have the decency to let it be and move on to other scenarios.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/30/2009 3:01:42 PM
I don't think we are hearing the whole story here.

Just a hunch.

-8sf8
 LongAfterDark
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2009 7:57:15 PM
It wouldn't be incest if it was a stepson and stepmother. There is no blood relation. I'm sure you've already been told this.
 MakeYouSmile26
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2009 8:21:56 PM

She sounds like a keeper. Too bad you're too uptight for her. Of course, it's your call to make. You didn't nothing wrong. You two just are not compatible.

What's her phone number?

Me too, way too many uptight girls out there
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Is This Too Kinky For You?