Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > LOOKING FOR FINANCIAL SUPPORT?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 canttouchthis
Msg: 5
LOOKING FOR FINANCIAL SUPPORT?Page 1 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Maybe I should change my ad- Looking for financially stable women (no, the plural is not a typo). Thanks
 forthebeauty
Msg: 9
LOOKING FOR FINANCIAL SUPPORT?
Posted: 10/21/2004 9:42:40 AM
I just have to voive here and please remember that it is my opinion !!!!!

Some men and women make a proffesion by doing this. Sad but so.

In my exp. I have been the bread winner in most of my relationships, making me ask the question pretty much right off the bat, about the work history of someone I might be interested in. I did say history, cause I do understand that people fall on hard times, but the past will speak up for itself. My work history is multiple, I have had lots of jobs, but almost never without one, and always move to a better position.

It really is sad that the people that do this to get somewhere in life, make it reallly hard for us ones that are looking for it all. I must confess I have been in relationships, because their money sparked my interest, and on the spontaneuos moment, thought I could overlook the fact that I didnt think I could ever love this person, but in the end, the heart won. I simply couldnt do it. But then it goes back to the ones that can!!!!

I get alot of responses from younger men, and I think that maybe thats whats on thier brain, if not for sex, or maybe both!!!!

So IDSN I think it just ends up being the same in the end, u have to sort through them all and keep trying till u come up with the one!!!! Good luck!!!
 forthebeauty
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/21/2004 12:21:10 PM
INDS check ur mail!!! Btw ur not so much younger than me!!!
 Ticketoride
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/21/2004 8:14:58 PM
There are a lot of rich dudes that don't have much in the way of personality, so this type of "criteria" for Financial Support is probably a much wanted avenue for them as well.
 Bearded_Hillbilly
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2004 2:32:50 AM
Well I want a "sugar mamma" LOL j/k
 Ticketoride
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/22/2004 2:44:22 AM
indeepsh*tnow, course its cheesy, just as cheesy as the dudes that roll into town in their Business suits, shacking up with a different Dame in every City they have excutive meetings in.
 forthebeauty
Msg: 65
BTW
Posted: 10/22/2004 11:13:51 AM
Both of u guy r right. It should be about love, not money, or loneliness, or just settling for whomever might come along.
 forthebeauty
Msg: 68
BTW
Posted: 10/22/2004 1:14:43 PM
Femm even if u get a man that is financially stable it can still happen to ya. And actually u r wrong about making a career out of mc donalds and the like, Managers there get paid very well actually. Might I ask what it is that u do? I dont know a thing about how the situation is in Canada, but around here, most people that r u age dont have the means to the life style that u claim to have unless mom and dad have finaced it. Sorry just my opinion
 Ray38
Msg: 71
BTW
Posted: 10/22/2004 4:00:32 PM
I just want to add my two cents...Women fought fo equal rights years ago right?
And rightfully so btw..
So in today's modern expensive world, doesn't it take two to run a household?
I get confused by some women who claim to be equal, and want their equal rights but are looking for a man to support her..As far as I'm concerned, I 'm looking for someone who is equal and it doesn't matter how much she makes, as long as she contributes..
I guess my point is that it takes two nowadays, and men are still hard wired to be the bread winner, while in the meantime times have changed.
 Ray38
Msg: 75
BTW
Posted: 10/22/2004 11:53:18 PM
mmm I know some guys working for paving companies making twenty two bucks an hour sweeping asphalt..They are happy doing that I guess, rather than stressing in an office.
 knight2016
Msg: 78
view profile
History
BTW
Posted: 10/23/2004 3:46:28 AM
I think there are some women who are looking for a sugar daddy. But for each one of them there is a guy who is looking to impress a woman by how much he makes. Let them hook up. As long as it makes them happy, that's their own business. We are all looking for what will make us happy, but each person has their own definition.

Having said that. I agree that many times, women who state something like that are just trying to avoid deadbeats. But it's not too hard to seperate the sincere women from the gold diggers in my opinion.
 betaman
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/26/2004 10:40:19 AM
hi baby
 betaman
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/26/2004 10:41:48 AM
hi sexy
 Ray38
Msg: 108
Posted: 10/26/2004 5:14:06 PM
I think this thread is about double standards right?....
I just wanted to add ,that I knew this one woman who stated how a man should help with laundry, (I agreed), dishes (agreed),..Amyways she went down the list of household chores, and I agreed to them all. Anyways, when I mentioned that a woman could also help out with shovelling, raking, painting etc....She stated that that was a man's job..(true story)

I know not all women are like that, only this one..Just thought I would mention it..Point being, women fought for equal rights, so now you're equal..Quit looking for prince charming to sweep you off you're feet, and take care of you.
It takes two.(again not all women).

And btw I get the point of some women not wanting to be with a guy flipping burgers, if that's all they want to do, but don't judge someone without knowing their story...That Taxi Driver may have a p.h.d..And for gawd sakes if you're guy loses his good job, and takes that kind of job in the meantime, stand by him plse.
 forthebeauty
Msg: 110
Posted: 10/26/2004 5:37:15 PM
Ok I have to voice in on this one, dont get me wrong I like having the freedoms and the equality that I have as being a woman in this day and time, but I get so tired of hearing about how WE fought for it.WE didnt fight for anything!!!! My ancesetors did, or who ever but not me!!!!! And I did notice that u said not all, Because I am not like that I believe in the u scratch my back and I will scratch urs so to say. All women arent like that, they like the women do the women things and the men do the men things. And as far as the lady u described well I think she just wanted some one to take care of her in more ways than one.Just my 2 cents!
 forthebeauty
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/26/2004 6:30:47 PM
Yes Bratney we do still have to fight for our respect, but back in the day women didnt have to , it was a given, and basically the same as it is today they got disrespect from the ones that dont have a clue and dont even respect themselves.

Like I said I like being liberated, and am very much so, have raised 2 of 3 kids on my own and did everything that a woman and a man needed to get done. Might I add without a sugar daddy!!!!!!
 forthebeauty
Msg: 115
Posted: 10/26/2004 7:02:50 PM
aaaaawwwwwwwww thank you IDSN I ruff u too, I mean ruv........ hummm what did u say?
 Ray38
Msg: 116
Posted: 10/26/2004 7:06:35 PM
Kudos to both of you..I mean that..I totally respect a woman who can stand on their own...Especially raising children..It must be tough..I just get a little irked when I meet some (not all) women who claim to be a modern liberated women, yet they come up with innuendos during conversation about how they like to get strange men pay for drinks when they collectively go out, or they are act all weak and helpless when an obvious well to do guy saunters in...

Some want their cake and eat it too I guess..

Don't get me wrong, I'm kinda traditional on a date..I will gladly treat a lady,but call a spade a spade either you are an independant modern women, or not..
 Ray38
Msg: 117
Posted: 10/26/2004 7:09:07 PM
And I'm not bitter, jilted,or cynical either...love you ladies

forthebeauty
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/26/2004 7:44:31 PM
MMMMMMMMMuuuuuuuuaaaaaahhhhhhhssss ray but sometimes I must admit that yes I do want it both ways, but it still doesnt happen, so I have learned to be independent along with the raising that my dad gave me.
 Ray38
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/26/2004 7:50:18 PM
Wow thanx...that one jumped right out through the screen lol

I was only making an observation..Hey at least you're honest..

Bottom line, I guess most women wnat to be taken care of in some way aor another right?
 forthebeauty
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/26/2004 7:53:17 PM
As well as men!!!!!!
 Ray38
Msg: 121
Posted: 10/26/2004 7:56:31 PM
Yes, agreed...So truce?
 forthebeauty
Msg: 122
Posted: 10/26/2004 8:00:26 PM
Never was a problem ray!!! Always been truce!!! Just doing a little discussing thats all!!!!
 Ray38
Msg: 123
Posted: 10/26/2004 8:07:30 PM
I know..just trying to be being funny...Gawd how can I not make a truce.
mailman arrive lately?

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > LOOKING FOR FINANCIAL SUPPORT?