Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > I have a question about phone calls.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 potsmoker2009
Msg: 2
I have a question about phone calls.....Page 1 of 1    
ive done this when i cheated, don't wanna get you paranoid cos he's probably telling the truth. But this is another reason why 2 people should never be communicating at certain times routinely. You say he calls every night, emails every morning, if this guy had some common sense he's do it ramdomly and not like a robot, because as soon as he misses a call or an email you presume the worst. Look nothing to worry about i reckon, 4 months in a row without fail? i'd say he really likes you and was telling the truth.
 CMonster
Msg: 3
I have a question about phone calls.....
Posted: 8/13/2009 8:23:33 AM
I'm impressed that he was able to keep up with such a strict schedule of calling every night and writing an email each morning. It's not really fishy but hopefully he will not have any more personal life events which would inhibit his ability to stick to an expected schedule.
 Okietokie88
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2009 8:24:44 AM
my Pot smoking friend is pretty spot on, I'm sure he was just fadded but I'm sure he's still into you.
 kornbluth
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2009 8:41:48 AM

Why didn't he answer my calls or return my calls? Does this sound fishy to you?

No it doesn't. I wouldn't call you if I were blotto, because I don't want to hear about gawd-knows whatever I said. It could be damaging, or at best embarrassing.
 beachdancer
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/13/2009 8:41:58 AM
Well, we are not young naive women anymore. I would say that four months of calling every single night followed by one night of not calling raises a flag, not an alarm. Why else would you ask? Even in a drunken state it seems he would have recieved your call and acknowledged your concern. On the other hand, how is the relationship going otherwise? Any other symptoms of interest waning? Did he mention he was going to the party? It may be just that he WAS having fun with friends. Lord knows he could have come up with a better excuse if he was lying. Left phone at home, battery ran out... Relax, let things flow. Especially if this is the only red flag. Go out with your friends. Is there a committment between y'all? Or is it understood?
 smithwillsufice
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/13/2009 8:46:27 AM
honey what are you gonna do if the power goes out because of a major storm or he in the worst case scenario gets hurt in a work accident or for that matter any accident, are you going to get rid of him? your fifty something hang up the grade school does he like me does he not like me crap cause ill tell you this much if i was talking to a woman for 4 months and didnt at least get some face time out of it even if i have to travel you would have been gone long ago
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > I have a question about phone calls.....