Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Funniest/Oddest CV      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Funniest/Oddest CVPage 1 of 1    
My boss was going through job applications today for a part time position. One application made her sit up and pay attention and will go down in Council history.

Basic details were completed as per norm. Then came the question section:

Q What do you think you can bring to this company/position
A NOT

Q Please give an example of this
A ON

Q What are your strongest attributes
A YOUR

Q Please give an example where you have used these attributes
A NELLY

This appears to be a genuine application and we can only assume that the Job Centre has forced someone to apply for a job they really have no interest in.

We really wanted the boss to invite the applicant for an interview lol
Have to admit it gave me the best laugh I have had in ages.

Sad to say, out of 31 applicants, even the 5 shortlisted for interview don't show much potential. Some fantastically qualified people who are obviously just desperate to get work of any kind after being made redundant but who are so over qualified they would be bored in 5 minutes, and others who have no admin background at all.

It's sad that the overall job situation has come to this - people applying for anything no matter how unsuited and what is worse is that by doing so, they are going to get knocked back time after time after time. It is also sad that workplaces can no longer afford the time or cost of taking on potentially good employees and training them up.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Funniest/Oddest CV
Posted: 8/13/2009 2:54:03 PM
Zeegary, am so glad you said 'in your knowledge' and did not tar all Council employee's with the same brush or I would have to go into work and try to lower my own personal standards.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Funniest/Oddest CV
Posted: 8/13/2009 3:10:42 PM
Scints, I also feel bad for the ones over qualified and yes, they must 'need' to take anything due to redundancy as opposed to 'wanting'. Different if they wanted to downgrade through choice - which is what I did. Health and Safety Advisor to Admin.

What we should be doing is taking on young hopefuls and training them up, getting them into a career. Sadly, in my office anyway, where there are two staff when there should be five due to having one vacancy, one long term sick and one on training every week (training which has nothing to do with their current job), there is no time to train anyone for the job in question.

How are youngsters meant to get any experience if everyone is now employing with the same views in mind.

Lol, here is me getting 'off topic' on my own thread - was meant to be a funny, not serious thread.
 pantsonfire
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Funniest/Oddest CV
Posted: 8/14/2009 12:24:26 AM
Not a CV but, I applied for a key-time job at ToysRUs a few years ago and at my Starsearch interview there were 7 other applicants... We all had to do various tasks and then give a short talk on something interesting that had happened to us that would demonstrate our suitability for the positions we were applying for..

Most of the applicants were in their late teens and talked about nights out, gigs, extra curricular hobbies, the usual stuff.. Then this young girl got up and told us about how she and a friend had nicked a woman's handbag and then gone on a shopping spree with the money, then handed the rest of the bag into the police and collected a reward from the rightful owner...

Not the best escapade to confess to when you are applying for a position working as a cashier and worse, the friend she had just mentioned was working on the tills already..
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Funniest/Oddest CV