Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Leaving POF      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lateral87
Msg: 1
Leaving POFPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Plenty of Fish is more like Plenty of Fail

I've been on here for several months and nothing ever happened, ever. After sending out countless emails and getting virtually no responses, I think it's time to cut the bullshit.
Of course, most of the girls on here my age are just attention whores so its no surprise.

I know that I'm a "good guy", not looking for sex or hook ups. Just wanting to have a nice stable relationship, and yet so many people on here claim that they want the same thing, but are obviously too stupid and full of themselves to see the good guy right in front of them.

It really sucks when on one recognizes your qualities and instead they only go after low-lifes and losers. Then again, POF is a very unbalanced with the gender role to begin with, but this isn't unique to POF, this is online dating in general.

To all the girls who claimed they were looking for a good guy, you lost your chance. Good luck with dating the idiot who won't pay for your child support after he knocks you up.

Time to leave Plenty of Fail behind and take my chances with the real world, if anything ever comes my way.
 bigben1731
Msg: 2
Leaving POF
Posted: 8/13/2009 4:12:13 PM
its fails because alot of people on here arnt really honest about themselves and the woman are bad for not communicating and thats why it failes on so many level and theres to much divorced woman and single mums on the site and alot of woman are players as well they guys it goes both ways
 Frenchguy2009
Msg: 3
Leaving POF
Posted: 9/14/2009 10:06:56 AM
Most of the women on this site are not looking for "a good guy" but they are looking for the perfect guy "handsome, young, rich"(well you know the story...), they don't give a shit about your personality and if you are nice or not...

Serge
 music_man1966
Msg: 4
Leaving POF
Posted: 9/16/2009 12:33:14 PM
Most of the women on this site are not looking for "a good guy" but they are looking for the perfect guy "handsome, young, rich"(well you know the story...), they don't give a shit about your personality and if you are nice or not...

I agree with this 100%, I was thinking the same thing.. The women on here are full of sh****t....
 crystal_light1111
Msg: 5
Leaving POF
Posted: 9/16/2009 4:40:32 PM

Of course, most of the girls on here my age are just attention whores so its no surprise.

OP... sorry to see you leave but to call other women on here all whores is not a fair statement to make....remember, you get this type of treatment in the outside world too, it's not restricted to dating sites.

Good luck to you
 KrimsonSpider
Msg: 6
Leaving POF
Posted: 10/2/2009 7:57:04 PM
It seems like the latest thing to do here is an ego boost...some people need lives not attention in a site where a geniune person is like hitting the state lottery.

But then again that is a good thing because while these characters here are deleting countless messages while drinking their chocolate milk, the real people are out there having a good time and you can too. You can't let this site get the best of you because it's just a site. I'm pretty sure you posters who are geniune people have a life out there and it's time to embrace that. I always have a golden rule at my job to keep it professional but I started 'bending' that rule and sure enough I been going out on dates with clients either casual or intimate. I say use your sources (laundry Mat, work, grocery store, school etc).

Good luck to ya all! :)
 KrimsonSpider
Msg: 7
Leaving POF
Posted: 10/4/2009 8:04:16 PM

Put us up on a cross or something and nail us all with a spear why don't you

Wow...where is this party going to be at? haha nah I'm messing...

You make some good points "E.F." and that's what is also giving people a hard time looking for someone because of the 'stereotypes' carried on both side. Now I'm not saying all women are like that but at times a geniune person comes around and gets shot down. It's more of the reason in some of these incidents are our defense mechanism going up because we're afraid to get hurt again both in and out of the site.
 JWG86
Msg: 8
Leaving POF
Posted: 10/5/2009 11:24:39 PM
Inevitably, when I see a complaint from a guy, I already know what it will say. "I am a good guy" is GUARANTEED! to be in the post.

This site is no different than life. Being a "good guy" won't get you anywhere unless you back it up with more important things. Yes, there ARE more important things. Ideally, no, but realistically, yes.
 dskillz
Msg: 9
Leaving POF
Posted: 10/7/2009 9:08:18 AM
Interesting thread. I have been here for awhile. I met a few women. Around 5. 1 of them was incredible and actually made me re-think what I thought I was attracted to and enjoyed. The other 4 were definitely not who they pretended to be on the site.

I do find that there are plenty of women on here who probably will only give a chance to someone who is rich, good-looking, and perfect. The flipside of that is that most guys who are presenting themselves that way are lying. But they know what to put in a profile/e-mail to get women to chase them.

I go into times on this site when I am on it daily, then there are times I won't be on here for weeks at a time. My advice is to not really take it too seriously or personal. It is easy to read a profile and think, "This is the one!" When in reality, that person is nothing like she says on her profile so in turn she is not interested in you.
 Acura234
Msg: 10
Leaving POF
Posted: 10/7/2009 10:29:33 AM
A reply to Erotic Fever. At the age of 21 you seem to have an abundance of knowledge
regarding life.
 NaturalBoheme
Msg: 11
Leaving POF
Posted: 10/11/2009 3:28:24 AM
I agree. I think people come on here looking for hook ups or something. And people pass up people like me because we're out of the mainstream. As much as people complain, I think those who do come with good intentions don't have an open mind.
 heybird
Msg: 12
Leaving POF
Posted: 10/11/2009 11:33:45 AM
Cherie has it right. POF is a E-ticket ride at first, but after awhile it gets boring. I'm still waiting for the guy who is intelligent, open-minded, well-mannered, and has more to talk about than his money and car. There are some guys on this site who fit that description, but I can't be sure because they don't answer when I message. Can't point fingers though; I'm terrible at calling people back, especiallly when I have to tell them I'm not interested.

Hmm... I'll stop complaining before I get flagged for trolling

This is a good place to learn what, exactly, you want in a mate. Once that is determined, perhaps it will be easier to find a partner in the RW?
 VeeGeeTea
Msg: 13
Leaving POF
Posted: 10/17/2009 11:27:42 PM

I can't be sure because they don't answer when I message

Welcome to my world.
I get the same thing with the ladies here on POF.
After seeing someone who falls into the category, no response what so ever.

I believe that 60% or more of the accounts here are either fake or idle.
 Lonelydollars
Msg: 14
Leaving POF
Posted: 10/18/2009 1:32:53 AM

I believe that 60% or more of the accounts here are either fake

Ah, yes..that is correct, and the other 40%...well I can sure answer to this:

I can't be sure because they don't answer when I message

Put up a model photo and say you are a professional , who enjoys cruises. women forget that these type of men don't join free dating sites.
 Frenchguy2009
Msg: 15
Leaving POF
Posted: 10/22/2009 11:35:06 AM
Paid websites are not the best solution... They are full of spammers and scammers, at least since I joined this site I never had any weird replies from women asking me for money or to look at sexy photos on their personal link...
 heybird
Msg: 16
Leaving POF
Posted: 10/24/2009 8:50:45 AM
I don't think anyone here is so arrogant as to believe that they are entitiled to a positive response from anyone they desire. Rather, I think most people are looking for just one or two responses from someone with whom they are compatible. At least I am, anyway.

I have recieved responses from men I thought were right for me, but quickly found they had 4 kids and 4 baby mommas, lack interest in education, show up 30 min for dates, or simply become unreachable. This is very tiring to deal with for sure. I just went ahead and hid my profile.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 17
Leaving POF
Posted: 10/30/2009 11:57:29 PM
Come on, as bad as it is, its your own personal soap opera; why would you want to leave all the melodrama? Just because its a pointless waste of time, doesnt make it entertaining. Look at how many people still tune into Americas 'Funniest' Videos, American Idol, Survivor...... You can expect to find here pretty much what you bring to it. For me, its like TV. I dont expect to get a date from afternoon programming there, why should I expect to get one here. Theres a real world out there you know.

Besides, shopping local is over-rated ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Leaving POF