Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why don’t they ask better questions like;      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rainman12
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Why don’t they ask better questions like;Page 1 of 1    
Because if they asked more questions like the examples you've given, there would be a whole lot more "prefer not to say" answers. And then more people would come here on the forums asking what the meaning of "prefer not to say" is.
 winteragain
Msg: 7
Why don’t they ask better questions like;
Posted: 8/14/2009 12:47:38 PM
that's some pretty good questions. which just opened up my mind man. here's a few more interesting questions:

when you go to a sporting goods store, what kind of tent do you buy? 1-man, 2-man... Circus?

is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or a really cool Opotamus?

does highlighted hair on a guy make him look homosexual?
 raxarsr
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2009 2:31:10 PM
1 every day
2 when they need it
3 yes i have a valid license
4 yes, though there is one i'm paying in installments
5 20 years till i hurt myself
6 only physical rehab after i hurt my arm
7 usually over easy, but any way but poached

that wasnt hard
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2009 2:57:40 PM
By "THEY"I assume you mean P.O.F. ,in the profile setup.
They DO provide YOU with a place on your profile to ask all those questions.
So do that.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/14/2009 3:49:17 PM
Here's the thing, asking (and answering) questions only gives you information which doesn't necessarily help you get to know someone. It helps you know ABOUT them, and some things may be implied, but it's more about spending time with someone and observing than just rattling off questions.
It's not that asking and answering questions has no value whatsoever but IMO it is of lesser value than getting to know someone and having actual conversation. I prefer conversation myself and I can extrapolate more about a person's character and personality from conversation than asking 100 questions. Then again, maybe it's just me.........

It IS me that I get impatient with the endless questions, don't know about anyone else but that gets boring REAL fast. Besides conversation is much more informative and illuminating.
 Opusvoid
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2009 4:39:54 PM
Those questions are a little intrusive. I have enough problems with women to ask questions like those lol
 SAguy_06
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/14/2009 4:59:43 PM

How often do you floss?
How often do you cut your toe nails? If at all.
Asking something like do you have a car is ridiculous. Why don’t they ask can you drive it? Or do you have a valid driver’s licence. For all I know you live in your car.
Do you pay your bills on time? If you have any.
Or how about how long have you been working at the same job? Asking what your profession is makes no sense at all if you can keep a job for more than a week.
Have to been to rehab? How many times?
How do you like your eggs?

How do you like your eggs?

quiet and alone...
 dbguy79
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2009 5:07:00 PM
Because 50% of the populous is of below average intelligence.

Actually, 50% of the population is below median intelligence.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why don’t they ask better questions like;