Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Kid in the candy store?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2fuzy
Msg: 4
Kid in the candy store?Page 1 of 1    
1) when i find the one without to many nuts
2) ask
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 10
Kid in the candy store?
Posted: 8/15/2009 10:18:43 AM
God I wish I COULD have that mentality. What's that like?

Unfortunately, I can barely find one guy I like, let alone another one to distract me. A constant stream of bigger and better? There simply aren't enough to get that dynamic going - here or offline.

If anything I go months without seeing anything I like, and then see something I might like only to click the thumbnail and realize I was wrong.

The only candy store scenario I can come up with is the one where I know all the good candy is in the back of the store, but I keep getting blocked by salespeople trying to get me to consider all the crap discount candy in the front.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 11
Kid in the candy store?
Posted: 8/15/2009 10:26:32 AM

but I keep getting blocked by salespeople trying to get me to consider all the crap discount candy in the front.

so if you keep eating bad candy knowing there is good candy elsewhere, whos fault is this?

The bad candy isnt that bad or you wouldnt eat it right?....
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 12
Kid in the candy store?
Posted: 8/15/2009 10:40:41 AM
^^Since when was being asked to consider it the same as accepting and eating it? I can't find anything in my post that said I bought (or GAG, ate) the crap...?

I don't eat it. That was my point. If I see good candy, I head for it. It's just not always a straight walk what with all the discount bins in my way.

If it gets to be too much of a hassle and starts to ruin my schedule, of course I skip candy all together and come back another time. 'Tis WAY better to have no candy at all than settle for crappy candy.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 13
Kid in the candy store?
Posted: 8/15/2009 10:46:44 AM
cant you just avoid the discount bins?

take a different path to the candy?

just messing with you woman in progress...

this could go on forever....
 c_deacon
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Kid in the candy store?
Posted: 8/15/2009 10:53:06 AM
Somewhat of a funny comment and question OP, since there are significantly more women on this site than men......

If anything, I find it to be the opposite, and more women play the candy store routine than men, but since the aggressive men seem to force the attention, and never seem to give up, it just seems like they are kids in a candy store.

What one does seem to find out while on a dating site, is that there are many many single people out there, of all types, and all abilities, but the frustration remains because no matter the number, finding those that match you enough to warrant more, is like finding that needle in the haystack.

Just my opinion........
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Kid in the candy store?
Posted: 8/15/2009 11:31:46 AM
This problem existed long before this particular candy store was built. The only difference between the online store and the one down the street is in the number of choices, just as it is when you are buying a TV or something.

I don't think most men or women truly and completely 'get past' this , since our genes program us to seek out the best mate with whom to make vague replicas of ourselves. I think the crucial point of change within any individual of either sex, is when they confront their natural sex drive, and consciously choose to disregard it for other life goals that are more important to them. It isn't enough to have a religious or even a societal rule structure that TELLS you to settle down.
How do you tell if someone has made this choice, AND will stick with it? Well, I don't think you can know, reliably. This is complicated by the DESIRE many of us have to feel that we're ready, so that we convince ourselves that we are ready to settle down. Then there are the folks who outright lie, as a ploy to get more fun.
I guess it comes down to a general sense of trust. If you want someone who's ready to commit, you can talk to them about it, especially about WHY they want to settle down. Non-romantic answers MAY be better than "because you are the girl of my dreams" replies. I've heard women who heard practical answers, actually express disappointment in their man, and want to find the more romantic guy instead,which I find literally ironic.
If the guy says he's ready, he may or may not know his own mind as well as he thinks he does. You have to weigh your sense of trust in him, and in yourself, and then take a leap of faith.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Kid in the candy store?