Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Benefit of Dating Single Dad.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hungry_joe
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Benefit of Dating Single Dad.Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I have seen several thread on the benefits of dating a single mom, however I would like to change the gender. I would argue that dating a single father is typically better then dating a single mother. Here are my reasons:

1. He has a job.
2. He generally has more then a post-secondary education be it college or trade school. Some with both.
3. He has his own place.
4. He has his own mode of transportation (car)
5. He is family oriented. It is hard to get custody of childern esp. if they are very young, and requires an investment in the family. It is much easier to sign over rights.

Most of these examples are "typical" requirements I see on women's profiles therefore, I would argue dating a single father should be a no-brainer. Also the above is not necessarly the case for single mothers who rely on a support network. I have noticed there are a lot, single mothers that don't have one or more of the above. This is not to say all single mother's don't.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Benefit of Dating Single Dad.
Posted: 8/16/2009 9:59:51 AM
It isn't necessary a matter of better. However, my list applies to almost all single dad's whereas, it doesn't always apply to mom's. As far a own place, it isn't about owning or renting but not relying on others to provide a roof over your heads.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 10:22:40 AM
I generalyl look at women within my peer group. Namely because of shared experiences, and I have found many of my female single parent peers are missing some or almost all, of the items on my list. Again I would argue Jen you're more an execption than a rule. I would also have to take into account the Canidian governments "safety net" in the equation. You Canidians have a different set of rules which you can apply and use for you own benefit.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 10:37:20 AM
"also, which is a double-edged sword, the single dad has a much clearer idea of the type of woman he wants in his life and in the lives of his children. "

Yes, the one with the nice ass! Same thing I wanted before
 hungry_joe
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 11:04:44 AM
I like one with curves, and personality.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/16/2009 11:37:45 AM
This is the best news i have heard.
Now i can get my money back fom that car dealership that charged me for a car i dont supposedly have, stop paying Geico, stop paying the state DMV for tags, and stop paying those obsecene gas prices, since i presumedly as a single mother dont have a car.
I can tell those pesky electric, water, and phone company people to get the hell off my back, seeing as i dont have my own place, and i can tell the county tax collectors to take a leap to hell for charging me property tax when everyone knows single moms cant have their own places.
When the boss calls i get to tell him im not coming, as i dont work.
And i can beg off taking the kid on outings as im just not family oriented.
Thanks for saving me from all these evil people charging me for shit i dont have Doc.
I will be sure to have them look at this post next time they want to have the nerve to charge me for car insurance or property tax.

Edit: can you please have a word with that state cop that ticketed me for cutting him off on US1? since single moms dont have transportation, try to talk make him see that it couldnt have possibly been me? Good alibi for court. "Your honor, it wasnt me, i was creepin with the girl next door, now picture this we was both butt naked bangin on the bathroom floor. it wasnt me."
 justcuzwhatever
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/16/2009 11:50:59 AM
Oh dear God another gender thread.

I would argue that dating a single father is typically better then dating a single mother.

Wow, OP, I have to say I kinda resent the implication that a single father is "better" than a single mother, especially since I (and most of the single moms I know) pass all five of those criteria you listed.

Personally...
1. I have a job.
2. I have a post-secondary education.
3. I've always had a good home for my child and myself. Nope, didn't own it, but I certainly provided it. (Child support was a wish and a dream, not a reality.)
4. I have always had a car, AND a second one for my child once driving age was reached.
5. I'm absolutely family oriented.

I have noticed there are a lot, single mothers that don't have one or more of the above. This is not to say all single mother's don't.

Glad you clarified that at the end there...

And the bit about the support network? Does this mean that single custodial fathers don't have a support network? Yes, I had a sister who would babysit sometimes, was that my support network? I paid dearly for quality childcare for many years so I could work, was THAT my support network? Or maybe it was my benefits package at work that allowed me to use vacation days when my kid was sick, was THAT my support network?

Sorry to rant a bit, but especially in the world of internet dating, single mothers already seem to be second-class citizens. I've talked to so many men on the internet who just assumed I was out for a replacement daddy and couldn't possibly be capable of raising my child by myself, this is something I deeply resent.

And to have a single-father (who I would think would GET IT) step up and say that single dads are better than single moms just made me see red.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 12:04:12 PM
I did post that it isn't about being better. See Msg 4

Thank you for reading that I wasn't painting all mothers with a negative brush. I would say that the majority of the mothers that post to the fourms have there act together. However, there is a large population that doesn't. Giving single parents a bad name. I was merely trying to point out that dad's have many of the things that I have read women want on their profiles.

As to the support network, I suppose I should say family, and social services. I know I'm going to get flamed for that one. However, gender is a consideration in services. I know from my experience with social services. Men are just supposed to make due. I also have to do it without CS.

Sweetness: Please read what I am saying before you assume that I am trashing single mom's. I did say that not all single mom's fit the mold.
 tass08
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/16/2009 1:07:02 PM
Single dads rock because they have kids and kids = awesome!

I love how the women chime in with "oh you're wrong about women because your description doesn't fit me exactly," so you must be bashing single moms, even though you clearly stated you were not talking about all single mothers, just stating some positive things about single fathers. Come on gadgetdoc, don't you realize that posting something positive about fathers automatically means you're bashing mothers? You mother-basher you.

Signed,
a single mom who thinks single dads deserve some serious props
 tass08
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/16/2009 1:11:18 PM

Where/when have you noticed that "a lot" of single mothers who do not have the attributes on your little list?

1. I have a car.
2. I have post-secondary education as well as a technical shool certification.
3. I have my own place.
4. I have my own mode of transportation (car).
5. I am family oriented
Are you "a lot" of single mothers? He's making an observation based on his own experience. Unless you two have met in real life, he's not talking about you, so get off your high horse and try to read the OP again without the chip on your shoulder. He's saying single fathers have a lot to offer women in the dating world. I happen to agree. Lots of women think single dads aren't worth the effort, just like lots of men think single moms aren't worth the effort. They both are, IMO, but only if they're not carrying all kinds of baggage and ready to pounce on anyone who sees things differently than they do.
 tass08
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/16/2009 1:12:52 PM

This is the best news i have heard.
Now i can get my money back fom that car dealership that charged me for a car i dont supposedly have, stop paying Geico, stop paying the state DMV for tags, and stop paying those obsecene gas prices, since i presumedly as a single mother dont have a car.
I can tell those pesky electric, water, and phone company people to get the hell off my back, seeing as i dont have my own place, and i can tell the county tax collectors to take a leap to hell for charging me property tax when everyone knows single moms cant have their own places.
When the boss calls i get to tell him im not coming, as i dont work.
And i can beg off taking the kid on outings as im just not family oriented.
Thanks for saving me from all these evil people charging me for shit i dont have Doc.
I will be sure to have them look at this post next time they want to have the nerve to charge me for car insurance or property tax.

Edit: can you please have a word with that state cop that ticketed me for cutting him off on US1? since single moms dont have transportation, try to talk make him see that it couldnt have possibly been me? Good alibi for court. "Your honor, it wasnt me, i was creepin with the girl next door, now picture this we was both butt naked bangin on the bathroom floor. it wasnt me."
Another one who can't read someone else's post without putting their own cloudy bitter filter on it.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 1:32:46 PM
To answer a question posted to me. I have noticed this to be the case with some of the women I have met here. There have been mom's that had to have me get them because they don't have a car. There are many without some post-secondary education, not even some college. There are others that are still at home with mom and dad. Of course this is also true in my real world experiences. By no means do think this is all single mothers. It could be a regional thing, I would say more than not the mother which I have made contact with, and gotten past the first few messages had some of these diffculties.

Tass thank-you. You got exactly what I was trying to say, that single fathers have a lot to offer. I was giving some examples of why. All of which is a requirement to have childern (being male) according to the courts. Does this mean there are no mom's that are equal or greater than me. Of course not. I can think of some member's that are successful single mother's. If need be and with there premission I will name a few.

123CassJ: I cast a pretty wide net 21-40. I tend to aim for the middle between 25-35 year old women. I would consider you a contempory but not a peer. Simply because I wouldn't have the same shared experiences, esp. when it came to parenting. The higher the age range the more difficult it becomes to successfully date. I normally avoid the younger spectrum too because I've passed my parting days, therefore, generally we have differing wants and goals. I do take each person one at a time.

Gadget.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 2:58:34 PM
As far as being housewives, that's just and excuse, and a non-starter for me. It says a lot about the person and there willingness to better themselves to me. I am rebuilding after my divorce I have all the things I listed, let's get real.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 3:25:32 PM
I do realise those that are looking for someone to support them. I can usally "weed" them out reading their profiles. Yes ladies I do read them. I can also tend to disreguard those with super short profile too. It says that they're disinterested, non-commital on what they want or just plan lazy. However, those that just joined are given a little more slack.

As far as my re-building I should call it more a investment in my human capital. Going to Graduate school. Cleaning-up the last bits from the divorce. But, trust me I am completely stable in my finances.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 3:44:07 PM
Sigh I think what I've said has gotten twisted. I was saying most, not all mother's I've met on and off the site have had not had what I had. But that wasn't the point I was making. MY Point is what single fathers have to OFFER a potential girlfriend. I've notice that the above list was on a lot of women's profile of what they are looking for in a mate. This is NOT an US vs. THEM thread.

Gadget.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 7:47:06 PM
I think this one was worded wrong. Golly. I do think your worthwhile to date and a no brainer hence why I asked you out. The point that I was trying to make is that single dads are well worth the investment in time, because of what they bring to the table. I did say that I take each person one at a time. Jenny as for your short profile, you post her on the fourms so I can get a better idea of who you are, and how you think. I am beginning to regret this post.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 7:58:01 PM
Midandtom:

No normal woman will say that need a guy with a transportaion (it was in your list) it is assumed that a normal woman in your age has it and expects her partner to have it. We are not in HS any more. His own place???????? It is the same for your age group. The same for a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What type of womens' profiles you read when they say all that??????? At 16 it is a somewhat privelage to have your own car and your own place and a job but at 31 it is MANDATORY!

I'm sure you've seen the profile with the requirements in my age bracket with have a job. Have a car. Have your own home. I too would assume these would be normal things for a man to have however, the repeated posts with these things makes me question this opinion.

I know how manage my time. I go to work full time at 730 home by 5. Cook dinner play with my son and do the chores. By 8-10 durring the week I work on my graduate course. I can flex on that since it is done online. 10-11 I finish my cleaning. 11 I go to bed. On the weekend. is my time to catch up on things. I also work on my life insurance sales on the Weekends, this too is flexiable. It depends on the appointments that I make durring the week. Am I busy sure. However, I know how balance my time. I do somehow manage dating.

All of this is beside the point this thread isn't about me.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 8:23:40 PM
That was funny M_Church. Thanks for the humor.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/16/2009 11:54:28 PM
Having a car, house, income, education, and being family oriented is not unique to single dads. Thats pretty par for the course for the average adult.
 Brian7cees
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/17/2009 12:07:42 AM
You know really who cares about these trivial topics of single dad's, mom's , dog's, aligators or anything else along those lines!!!!!!!!!....... I Love being a single dad!! And I have a GREAT life!! So I really don't care to much what others have to say or whether they would want to date me or not...... WOOPY!!..... If not because I am a single dad my response today after further thought is THANK YOU!.. At least I have that truth and know they would NOT be in my children's best interest... A pretty good thing, don't you think!!

I am perfectly ok with just being dad!! and well ok and since my kids have no mom, being a little mom too:-)..... I am more concerned with finding a genuine 'real' woman!! I am tired of the gold diggers, players and the rest of the phonies out there, etc.. that pretend to love the kids for the bennefits that daddy has......

Brian

Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes...your destiny.
 Brian7cees
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/17/2009 12:09:45 AM
m_church....... ROFL
 mddog
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/17/2009 7:51:18 AM
1 - he has a good paying job
2 - he has custody of his kids,=good dad and father figure for her kids !
3 - his expensive truck is paid off !
4 - he has his own mortgage = so you don't need one !
5 - you know he is gonna be serious about the relationship cause his kids are involed also
6 - when it does come time for the bedroom,you know he's going to do his best because he feels at that point ,YOU ARE THE ONE !!!
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/17/2009 8:41:54 AM
As I mentioned in another thread a while ago:

In addition to the extra money, which is USUALLY more than the woman makes, the WAY better toys, not to mention all the gifts and prizes you get to take home after divorcing your 'soulmate' single dad...

.... you get to play with his penis whenever you want....

SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/17/2009 9:28:17 AM

Wow sweetness , you never fail to mention just how well off you are, perhaps you should have chosen a new user name that would save you time like "I'm rich" that way you wouldn't have to type. Or just leave a permanent cut paste option on your computer because everyone should be as well off as you. Like I have told you before stop confusing luck for hard work. Strike a pose.

Where in the fvck did i say that?
One doesnt need to be rich to be a responsible self sufficient adult that drives a vehicle, has their own place, and has employment and education in order, and loves their family.
Thats pretty average.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/17/2009 12:27:30 PM
Sorry you have a problem with it Spider. Didnt know owning a car and a home was some sort of outstanding elitist thing. Pretty standad fare for any adult over 21.

I agree with MidlandTom.

Im glad you find it funny Dopey, i sure do.
If my Sal was astill alive he ould have heard about it before i pulled in the driveway.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Benefit of Dating Single Dad.