Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Baffled      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justcuzwhatever
Msg: 2
BaffledPage 1 of 1    
OP, I'll be nice, you've only been here three days...

As Reaper mentioned, there is a Profile Reviews forum where you should have posted this thread.

There's pretty specific rules here for what and where you can post, it'd be a good thing for you to read through them before you start additional threads.

That said, welcome and good luck...
 brad29483
Msg: 3
Baffled
Posted: 8/17/2009 9:42:36 AM
Ditto. Go upstairs ^ get a profile review. They can help.
 sweet_n_heart
Msg: 4
Baffled
Posted: 8/17/2009 10:23:02 AM
You should go to the Profile review forum but i will give you some suggestions on here anyway...

I would add a mixture of head and body shot pictures. Also, add interests... Lastly put alittle more in your About me, like with about yourself and what your looking for....

To me, your profile is too vague.. doesn't give much to go on. I know suppose to do most of the getting to know someone in person but still need to give enough in your profile. So, we all know alittle of who you are and know what your looking for. No one wants to waste their time on someone who basically says sh*t all about themselves or what they want or if they feel their not the right person for you or even themselves. Writting basically sh*t all in your profile won't get you any or very little bites.
 red_relaxed
Msg: 5
Baffled
Posted: 8/17/2009 10:26:02 AM
Baffled huh? And after only four days!

Welcome.

Your profile is somewhat shallow. Does that help? Not saying you are, but that's how you're projecting yourself at the moment. Read other men's profiles in your age group and enlighten yourself. You are competing with many men for the same pool of women, so put your best profile forward. Think of it as portraying your personality in Reader's Digest.

All the best to you.
 Worbug
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Baffled
Posted: 8/17/2009 10:56:53 AM
"I also seem to be attracting women to my profile who I am not at all attracted to and when I state what I am looking for, I either get hate mail or nothing at all."

Well now you know how the ladies feel. Do you repond to the woman you are not attracted to ?
 theforumfiend
Msg: 10
Baffled
Posted: 8/17/2009 11:29:42 AM
OP, all you have to offer is height, tats and a motorcycle? I hope not - profile review for you.

Also, are you getting the hate mail when you respond to email from women you aren't interested in? If so, don't detail why you aren't interested. Let your rejection be kind. Try something along the line of "Thank you for your interest, but I don't think we would be a good match. Best of luck." If they persist, then block them.

You have preferences. Everyone has. The fact is that the better looking women have a lot more choices. Accept this and give it time.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 14
Baffled
Posted: 8/17/2009 12:00:30 PM
Here's where you have to grow a thick skin. I'm a fattie and have no problem with guys saying they are not interested in BBW. If the women writing you are abusive don't be mean, don't apologize - block them.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 16
forum
Posted: 8/17/2009 1:11:03 PM

"I personally find it off-putting to state that your job is "employed"."

Personally I find it offensive and invasive to ask or require someone to tell you what they do for a living before the first date. I don't want someone to love me because of my job or what I drive or any matierialistic garbage. If this is a requirement by today's single women I might as well post a copy of my credit report and checking account balance online also. I believe certain things are meant for private conversation.

Yeah ~ I agree. I find it off-putting when I drilled about what I do. "Information junkie" is what my profile states. That's all anyone here needs to know until I know enough about them to tell them what I do to earn money, since that's REALLY why that question is asked, it's NOT about what one does, it's about what one does for money and how much money.

~OP~ I like your profile. I think you are having trouble (which isn't a fair word for it) because it's only been a very short time. When you hit the year or two year mark, then I'd question what's the matter. This isn't a quick fix for most. Good luck to ya. JMO
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Baffled