Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Doesn't EVERYONE like oral sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Liliana_LC
Msg: 1
Doesn't EVERYONE like oral sex?Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I'm a little confused....

Aren't all guys supposed to love oral sex? Or at least enjoy it? But to completely dislike it? Seems a bit odd to me,
I'm recently dating someone and the subject came up, and I was very surprised to learn that not only is he UNABLE to cum during oral sex but admitted to completely disliking it. Should I be concerned? Is this indicative of a low sex drive?

Or perhaps it can be attributed to his ex partners not performing to his satisfaction??? Does this say a lot about a man....?
 woodyboys
Msg: 2
Doesn't EVERYONE like oral sex?
Posted: 8/17/2009 11:14:29 PM
I like to give my woman pleasure and I like the feeling of her going down on me but I can't cum that way. Nothing wrong with my sex drive but my head is too sensitive and i can't relax to orgasm.

I don't think it is bad, disgusting or anything just after she tastes and enjoys a little bit I get to devour her and she can relax and enjoy.
 Chrìs
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2009 11:27:04 PM
i love oral sex, i have a friend though that cant cum from oral sex, or when he is wearing a condom during sex(i should ask him about wearing a condom while getting head lol). starting new relationships are usually kind of ruff on the guy. though he loves giving oral.

though i cant really see a guy hating it though, how can you hate something that feels good.........
 winteragain
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/17/2009 11:34:05 PM
It's like Fear Factor. The challenge is to put your sensitive Johnson between a pair of TEETH and hope she don't draw blood. Not all women like it when a guy goes down on them, same thing for dudes. I was with a girl that had yellowish teeth, kept pressuring to go down on me i was like fine whatever and when she started i was like YELLOW TEETH! the magic was gone
 prezmic
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2009 12:26:59 AM
Yellow teeth???????

Shouldn't matter if she does it right.

I personally prefer NO TEETH!
 hunkydory_1
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/18/2009 1:26:52 AM
I myself can do without it. On the other hand, I extremely enjoy giving oral to a woman. I would much rather give than receive. Its all about keeping the woman feeling good
 no_1_bby
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2009 4:09:27 AM
Why does it have to indicate a low sex drive?

I've run into a few guys who have claimed that they couldn't/hadn't ever orgasmed from oral. A few of them can't say that now... *wink*. At least one of them can't because he has *trained* his body to respond to a very specific type of stimulation, one that is difficult to duplicate with oral.

If he doesn't like it, there's not much you can do to change it.
 TooShadows
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2009 6:04:11 AM
There was a time when I couldn't reach orgasm from oral sex either,but I still enjoyed receiving it. I've known a few guys who said they didn't like getting it,but I often wondered if it was because their girlfriends just weren't any good at it. I've also known a few ladies that didn't enjoy receiving oral.
 rentahusband
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2009 6:50:57 AM
Aren't all guys supposed to love oral sex? Or at least enjoy it? But to completely dislike it? Seems a bit odd to me,

As you can tell by some of the responses here, no, not all guys like it. You can count me in that group.

I love giving oral to a woman, ever since I learned that women like to be very "warmed up" before proceeding I spend about half the time "down there". It has been a problem at times when a woman finds out I don't like it. In most cases they are first like: what's wrong with you? LOL. Then afterwards they kind of are interested in finding out.

As one person said: some women just suck at it (and NOT in a good way lol) and I just grew to dislike it. Nothing major, nothing dramatic, just don't like it.

To me, why waste time on what is something I don't really like when heaven on earth is right there for me to experience? Being inside a woman, looking into her eyes, feeling her breath on your cheek, and her body against yours, to me, is heaven on earth. Why would I want anything else? (for variety sake there's all kinds of things you can do but...).

I look at it this way: if there's a prime rib sitting there, and a piece of balony, who would choose the balony over the prime rib? (I'm vegetarian but I used meat as an example).

So yeah, if I were you, I'd be concerned.

No reason to be concerned. None at all. Some guys like it some don't. Just like not every woman likes anal sex. Some do some don't. Not a big deal if they do, not a big deal if they don't.....
 rentahusband
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2009 7:34:41 AM

Any guy who doesn't like a good BJ now and then either has some psychological hang ups

LOL not TOO judgemental are you? For the record I have NO sexual hangups, I just don't get off on "a good gobbling".

I think some people here think themselves amateur sex therapists to make calls like this.

So, I guess using your logic then if you don't like a prostate massage YOU too have a psychological hangup? So same goes for some woman doing you with a strap on? So you either have a psychological hangup or you like it, which is it?
 coveredinpaint
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/18/2009 12:05:00 PM
Well I was going to say this first, but then I checked the OP's profile and confirmed that it does indeed apply in her case too. But I've told pretty girls I've been with that I don't like to get head. Or I tell them they are too pretty to have to do that. The OP is pretty hot, so maybe her dude was going that route.

I'm not sure why I did it. I think I partially want to flatter them and make them think that they are too good for just because of their looks. But another reason is that I'd rather be giving her head if she is really hot, than receive it myself.
 Okietokie88
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2009 12:38:46 PM
IDK about the poster above but I too enjoy going down on a woman rather than receive head. Don't know that's always the way I've been, but most guys like it as long as they didn't have a bad experience. I have a mate who will NEVER let a woman perform fellatio on him due to a teeth to nut injury but hey to each his own .
 FunTimesAwait34
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/18/2009 12:49:44 PM
The point is, for whatever reason he doesn't enjoy oral, if that is an issue for you, then you should stop seeing him.

Sex is an important part of a relationship, and if something is off sexually, you are bound to have issues, etc...

So clearly he is not the right man for you if you enjoy having a man in your mouth!

If a woman told me she didn't like receiving oral, I would not date her, because to me, I LOVE giving it and wouldn't be happy not doing it!
 passionteman
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/19/2009 8:30:03 AM
Nah. That's a generalization to make that all guys love oral sex - just like making generalization that all women love it.

1. Personally, I enjoy giving it to my woman and it REALLY turns me on and don't mind receiving it, but when it is time for the second and third round of sex.

2. I have dated women who were not into receiving oral as they would cum through intercourse and weren't fond of receiving oral fun.

3. Some men can get it up without the oral by just enjoying the love making with the woman and tend to be more sensitive during the first round, so oral might make them cum faster.

Thus...............

Avoiding oral sex right away.
 want to travel
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2009 10:58:18 AM
some women are really bad at giving oral, but done properly all men love it, and they will love you
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/19/2009 11:52:20 AM

Aren't all guys supposed to love oral sex? Or at least enjoy it? But to completely dislike it?

No one is supposed to like or dislike anything. We like what we like and that's just the way it is. I know several men who have no interest in oral. It's one of those personal preference things. (And it might not have anything to do with the woman's ability or skill in that department, maybe it just doesn't feel good for whatever reasons.)

Just didn't do much for me.

Me neither. It not lack of their talent, it's just not my thing.
 Sabrosura
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/19/2009 12:46:20 PM
OP: Never heard of any that didn't. Did you ask him why he didn't particularly care for it? i.e. bad experience, not pleasurable for him.....................
 serious bean
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/19/2009 3:20:49 PM
There are lots of men who get nothing from it at all.
 LONNIE LOVE
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/20/2009 12:15:00 PM
I love it when women don't use their teeth, and use their hands in a twisting motion.
There was a time when I was younger where it wouldn't get me off, only arouse me. But, now that is not a problem.

Nothing worse than looking into a woman's eyes, as she looks up for approval -- when she's doing a terrible job.

I once dated a woman who never, not once let me go down on her. And the worst thing about it was, her puzsy looked so mouth-watering. I'm sure a lot of "str8" women would have even had to say it was pretty if they saw the brown/pink contrast!!!
 rentahusband
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2009 1:53:46 PM
There are people who simply haven't experienced someone who can make them change their mind! When someone says they don't like something it's usually because they have a fear of the outcome - or they are embarassed by the act itself! You may not be compatible for one another - so you will not be the one to change his mind!

Come on, really. Does the same hold true for a woman who doesn't like anal sex? Or how about someone who doesn't like the taste of lamb? Or someone who prefers beef over pork? some people like to be whipped, some don't. Some people like to be peed on, some don't, some like to be wrapped in a onesie, diapered, and bottle fed and be called larry, Is there something wrong with them? NO (well, maybe the one that likes to be diapered and called larry lol)

Just like there's nothing wrong with a guy who doesn't like a BJ. As someone said up there ^^^^^ I have yet to meet anyone who can blow me and have it feel as good as intercourse. Until that time comes (pun intended lol), I'll stick to what I like TYVM. Just like what everyone should do when it comes to sex.
 rentahusband
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2009 2:08:45 PM

YUP REALLY! That is my opinion and I'm allowed to have an opinion. My opinion is formed on experience and the stories I hear! .... and yup I think my opinion can hold true for absolutely each and every thing that may not have been experienced - where there is a hesitation or indeed a fear!

Sorry, that's not an opinion, the way you worded it is a statement of fact.

But you changed it in your next post: this thread isn't about something NOT experienced, it is about something experienced and not liked. There is a tremendous difference between the two.

So I guess you think anyone who doesn't like lamb is afraid of sheep? Anyone who doesn't like steak is afraid of cows? Anyone who doesn't like wine is afraid of grapes?

please.......lol....
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/20/2009 2:37:08 PM
First husband didn't care for oral, giving or recieving. I never understood it, but to be honest, I really didn't care after a while. He sucked so bad in bed, I gave up wanting him to do ANYTHING after a while. Some men just have no talent for sex, and should not be allowed to get any.
If I had to go back to that, you'd find me hanging from the rafters.
Beth
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/21/2009 12:33:04 AM
It never ceases to amaze me that in POF land, it's so hard for so many people to just accept the fact that everyone has different tastes, and if someone has different tastes than them, it does not make them abnormal.

So much intolerance around here. Seriously.

And we wonder why people still kill each other over silly things like land and religion.

People in these forums murder each other with words over the subject of blowjobs.

jayme414
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/21/2009 8:32:30 AM
I have had guys say no way it is not for me, I say let me to show you HOW its done the right way.

NEVER had complaints. NEVER.

You have to get around the instincuial gag reflex and know you really can do it!

But you must WANT to please him. If not and its just for show they will know.

ohio07
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/21/2009 1:41:33 PM
I can't help it, the oral sex/hot dog analogy had me rolling!!! Hillarious! OMFG!!! That was killer...
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Doesn't EVERYONE like oral sex?