Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Does anyone else find this annoying?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whatthefluc
Msg: 1
Does anyone else find this annoying?Page 1 of 1    
When you go visit a drive thru and they have one of those dumb pre -recorded messages ? How many of you have fallen for it , and said no thank you to "Do you want to drive one of our apple pies?"

Yeah ... this might be a weird thread ,, but I just fell for that crap ..lol
 avpd
Msg: 2
Does anyone else find this annoying?
Posted: 8/18/2009 8:57:58 AM
Sometimes I am fooled for a second about pre-recorded telemarketers on the phone. If I know it's a recording I just hang up. But they're getting better at making the recording sound real.
 whatthefluc
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/18/2009 9:30:33 AM
Cheese and rice folks ... let's not split hairs .. or pre-split hairs . You get my point .

barbee1970
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/18/2009 9:42:13 AM
I would be annoyed. I haven't run into that, but I see it coming. Look at when we call customer service and go through automated hell. The computer doesn't know what we want nor can we tell it.
 RocketMan_Len
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/18/2009 9:47:01 AM

"Do you want to drive one of our apple pies?"

I've never heard that one before... but given how rarely I go to a drive-through window, it could be that I've just missed it.

I'd like to think that I would have enough sense at the time to respond with something like... "sure - where do the keys go?"
 whatthefluc
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/18/2009 9:58:48 AM
It's similar to those few folks who have the voicemail message that says " hello?" Hello?....aaaaa got you , please leave a message at the tone .

While it's a little funny , I have fallen for that as well . Someone voted to delete cause this is a chat topic? Hmmmm my bad , thought it was posted right .
 oregonsaint
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/18/2009 1:35:42 PM
definately annoying, but hey, what are you gonna do right?
 readyfornow
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2009 3:32:56 PM
Its like ordering a pizza. One particular company starts with a message saying every member of "the team" is busy with other customers. When a team member does pick up, I have to repeat the order at least twice. I guess speaking English isn't always a prerequisite to membership on that "team".
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Does anyone else find this annoying?