Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > sex on the first date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 eeeeee9
Msg: 2
sex on the first datePage 1 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
yes.

ps: its cool if a girl has sex with me, just not with any other idiot!
 Wired1
Msg: 3
sex on the first date
Posted: 7/7/2005 7:58:29 PM
Values, Morals and ethics...

Although most of us have been there at one time or another (By the way, I am a yes here), I think most people are looking for that person they can connect with in hopes of being the right person forever. Its only human nature to want the sex, but when the morals , values and ethics kick in, a lot of people would not want that to happen. The lack of "scoring" the first night only draws curiosity to crave the desire for more later. Thats a good thing people, be open, and honest; peoples needs change, some are here to search for sex, others... dating, or relationships. Play it by ear, be safe, chat a bit, meet, get a number and move on. Temptation and denial is a powerful addiction.

Be safe

Ohh.. Nice topic by the way
 viceguy2
Msg: 4
sex on the first date
Posted: 8/3/2005 1:35:28 PM

Yes, an eight-year marriage resulted. Another first-timer became a three-year live-with relationship. Another a two-year. The longer a relationship goes without sex, for me, generally the shorter and worse it is.

I am at the exact opposite end of the spectrum...thus, waiting is not that absurd...
 jiszam
Msg: 5
sex on the first date
Posted: 8/4/2005 8:08:43 PM
Do you think that you'd really know enough to tell something terribly wrong about them after a couple of dates.I don't think so. So might as well go for if it feels right. I've had sex on the first date almost every time and most of those turned into longterm relationships.So maybee it is wrong.lol jk
 americangentleman
Msg: 6
view profile
History
sex on the first date
Posted: 8/10/2005 6:55:49 PM
Sex on a first date?! Eh, for me too soon.

My two cents . .
 rcj1158
Msg: 7
view profile
History
sex on the first date
Posted: 8/10/2005 8:11:40 PM
Like most guys, I'm for It...In fact we are voting whether or not to make it a Law in Florida..It's called the Wham, Bam, thankyou M'aam law and it's on the governors desk awaiting a signature..
 ivegotwhtuwant
Msg: 8
sex on the first date
Posted: 8/10/2005 8:28:05 PM
i think you should do whatever is comfortable for you!!! I mean sex is an important part to a relationship so why wait to see if the sex is good or not ? If you have horrible sex the relationship isnt going to last forever because you'll want god sex sooner or later right !? just my opinion anyways .. lol
 mikelgreco
Msg: 10
sex on the first date
Posted: 8/10/2005 10:38:41 PM
^^^ She's so HOT!

Believe it or not it has worked out for me. Three times. One lasted 3 years(on and off).
 Real_Brunette
Msg: 11
sex on the first date
Posted: 8/10/2005 10:43:35 PM
I have done it. Not w/every first date, actually very few. one did last a very long time. nothing wrong with it..if it feels right, what the hell?
 bjintendra
Msg: 12
sex on the first date
Posted: 8/11/2005 12:50:53 AM
I did... I got from call from telemarketing girl.... we talked for 30 mins.... and again she called me next day....we talked abt sex over phone and we met that evening.... and straightway went for it.....
 The_Majestic_Lizard
Msg: 14
sex on the first date
Posted: 8/11/2005 7:02:44 PM
No you should not have sex on the first date. Or the second. Or the third. You wait, this builds anticipation, which makes it more fun.

In theory anyway.
 J_BLADE
Msg: 17
sex on the first date
Posted: 12/1/2006 10:16:37 AM
I'm all for your grandma's advice they know what they are saying because hey've lived a lil' touch longer than we so far. so, I say FOR SURE have sex on the first date. If it is a mutaual vibe than why waste that passion and intensity to wait on something that might not happen between the 2 anyway. So, yes for me on this topic.

Hey LeeAnn is your Grandmother single at this time? LoL! I'm only teasing. Please, no worries right?
 bored23
Msg: 18
view profile
History
sex on the first date
Posted: 12/1/2006 1:20:51 PM
Let me spin this in a different direction: would you mind if he/she *didn't* want to have sex on the first date? Personally, I'd rather not even think about sex. I'm nervous enough trying to make a good impression OUT of the bedroom without the extra pressure of being good in bed. That's my vote for waiting. Plus, the last time I became "active" too soon with a woman, I soon realised that we had a friendship but no real romance. Just the occasional "heat". That was the beginning of the end of the relationship, and I felt bad because of how it went. (That's me, though.)

Not that I regret being with her. I learned a few things about myself, at least, and how I should approach a relationship. So I guess I'm advocating waiting until you get closer, but I wouldn't be surprised if the right girl on the right night, with the date going well enough if I didn't slip. But I won't sleep with a girl I just met (like at a club or something). Probably make out at most (and that's still iffy--maybe a big hug and kiss), but I'd want to get her number and at least set up a real date first.
 bluewyngs_
Msg: 20
sex on the first date
Posted: 12/21/2006 11:17:33 AM
Anything is possible, but 9 out of 10 times sex on a 1st date is the 'start of the end'.

I find when I strongly like a guy I don't want to sleep with him the first night. The anticipation makes it so much more fun. This could be different if it is someone you've been talking to for any period of time. Even though you may not have actually dated, chatting and talking to someone continuously brings you to know a person quite quickly, so the 1st date may actually feel like the 4th.

And honestly, from a girl's point of view, if a guy wants to do me on the first date, then I know right away that is the extent of his intentions. Then it just depends on what kind of person he is, and how much he has ignited my interests . . .
 pebbles_2006
Msg: 21
sex on the first date-- depends on the two ppl that is involved....
Posted: 12/24/2006 8:38:25 AM
depends on the two ppl.... MY relationships were mostly started that way & ended up either living together & an engagement or even a LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP.. I get complimented a lot that I am the one that carries the relationship & I am good @ it too.
 pebbles_2006
Msg: 22
sex on the first date-- depends on the two ppl that is involved....
Posted: 12/24/2006 3:26:37 PM
depends on the two ppl.... MY relationships were mostly started that way & ended up either living together & an engagement or even a LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP.. I get complimented a lot that I am the one that carries the relationship & I am good @ it too

they all lasted a long time too= first one was 7 years, 2nd one was first fiancee 4 years, 3rd one was 2nd fiancee 2 years n 4 mos & last one was 3rd fiancee 1 year & 7 months. no one night stands most of them were committed to be in a relationship....

Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 23
sex on the first date
Posted: 12/24/2006 7:39:43 PM
NOPE !

Whore on the first date....sets the tone for the whole relationship. I don't care what others wanna say.

Male or female, it's a whorish thing to do and it's a mistake. It rarely, if ever, leads to a healthy normal relationship.

Why ?

Because you'll always be thinking, if he/she slept with me on the first date, was I special or does he/she do this all the time ?

Not a good foundation for a relationship IMO.

And before you all think Im a prude....think again !!

LMAO......it's done it quite a few times in my life BUT I knew full well in advance, it would never lead to a "decent" relationship
 pebbles_2006
Msg: 24
sex on the first date
Posted: 12/24/2006 10:59:13 PM
Sorry that u went through that,,,lil red riding hood...

but u dont call everyone Whore on the first date

because like myself my relationships lasted long and it worked out for me

and I am sure it worked out for others as well...

everyone just has the LUCK OF THE IRISH and some dont....
 Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 25
sex on the first date
Posted: 12/25/2006 2:23:19 PM
Went throught what Pebbles ?

It's my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. That's the whole point of the forums. Opinions !

I gave mine based on numerous relationships I've been in as well as friends.

I didn't say it "never" works. I just said rarely. Why set a bad foundation ?
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 26
sex on the first date
Posted: 12/25/2006 7:22:42 PM
Ahhh ~ the old "whore" label. Now that is funnneeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Cliches never die. I guess that's why they are cliches, and for the most part ~ very 1960s.

I don't do the first date sex thing ~ simply because I don't date. If I were communicating with someone for a long time, liked him and he liked me, I might be inclined to ditch this whole abstinence/celibacy thing and have first date sex. If it works, it works. And I am definitely no whore.

I had first date sex one time in my life, I married him a year later. Today, it just depends on me, him and our situation. I certainly don't believe women are sluts for having sex on the 1st, 3rd, or 50th date. We like sex just as much as men, those who use such ugly labels are either jealous or have guilt ~ Slut/whore/ho/etc., are outdated and grossly misused terms. JMO
 sparticuss
Msg: 27
sex on the first date
Posted: 12/27/2006 4:03:13 AM
Never mind the sex.

I'll tell you what really wrecks a promising relaitonship.

It's when he goes to simply kiss you goodnight and give you a hug and you start screaming rape.

And yes, I've known quite a few stuipd bimbos who've done this. And then genuinely wondered why he didn't call them back. Why there was no second date. And some fo these nutters for "dating by the rules" would have been quite happy with sex on the second or third date.

It's lack of affection on ALL or any date that kills the relationship. Not lack of sex.
 roadblock
Msg: 30
view profile
History
sex on the first date
Posted: 1/12/2007 8:32:02 AM
on my last relationship, on the same night we had our first date we had sex 3 times and again the next day... I don't see what's wrong with sex on a first date... Eventhough the relationship is not about sex it's still fun to do it on the first day... I don't think sex has anything to do with taking it fast and even if you know it's not gonna work out hop in the bed anyway it's worth a while;)
 techgirl27
Msg: 31
view profile
History
sex on the first date
Posted: 1/12/2007 9:17:11 AM
nope. bc if a guy wants more than just that, he usually will respect you and the relationship enough to wait a little.

I have never had one work out that did that (thankfully that was only a few times).

Usually it means that the guy is in it for just that, and will be gone faster than you can make
coffee the next morning.
 Americanmade1943
Msg: 32
sex on the first date
Posted: 1/21/2007 5:20:00 AM
Sex on the first date is 3 parts chemistry to 1 part frame of mind. If your going to feel guilty then you aren't in the right frame of mind. 60's frame of mind has nothing to do with it. It is all in the individual. Luckily I have had some good chemistry teachers, some very good & a few excellent teachers. The excellent ones lasted 7 yrs., 2 @ 5 yrs each & the last lasted 30 years which now brings me to POF. To the best of my experience "Nothing last forever" so do what you can when you can & enjoy it. I don't go to forums very often. Should you have a comment you wish to share w/me please E me on POF
 roadblock
Msg: 33
view profile
History
sex on the first date
Posted: 1/31/2007 1:48:24 PM
Sex is not the defining factor in whether or not a relationship will come about but its a good way to find out if both are sexually compatible
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > sex on the first date