Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Online dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ResolvedQuandary
Msg: 1
Online datingPage 1 of 1    
I'm sure that this thread has probably been done to death, but I'm not one to complain about people saying "search the forums!!!!". On the other hand, I'd rather have a response instead of browsing a library.

Specifically, are women, in general, using this site as an ego boost instead of a venue of meeting people? Moreover, would women of my age (22) really be interested in meeting someone through the internet and take the risk of leading on a potential stalker?

The reason I bring this up is that, I've been a member for a few weeks now and havent got a response. I'm not looking for reassurance or criticism on my approaches, thats for me to figure out. More of an answer to , is this site really worth the time?

Thanks,
Brandon
 ResolvedQuandary
Msg: 2
Online dating
Posted: 8/20/2009 10:51:48 AM
It has nothing to do with lack of responses, it was an objective question. I dont mind at all if people dont respond. But thank you for your opinion
 ResolvedQuandary
Msg: 3
Online dating
Posted: 8/20/2009 10:59:36 AM
Its what lead me to creating the message on the forum, yes, and it lead me to a train of thought. I posted my train of thought , it wasnt meant to be offensive. Could i have worded it differently? sure. I just wanted to know if women my age actually took online dating as a serious avenue for meeting people. And the ego boost thing came from peoples profiles saying "my inbox is flooded...etc" and I would assume that this would get to some peoples heads.
 mysteriosa
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Online dating
Posted: 8/20/2009 11:06:02 AM
Yes, women are genuinely interested in meeting someone they feel is right for them. Many have had bad experiences with some guys online so are very wary. Your profile seems nice so that's not the problem. It's worth reading a few of the threads about what kinds of messages women like to receive. It may just be a question of patience. The only thing I'd query is whether you need to put that a woman should 'be in good shape'. Most women your age will be. If a woman hasn't got a very positive self image, she might be put off by that. Your dream woman might not turn out to be physically perfect anyway.
 ResolvedQuandary
Msg: 5
Online dating
Posted: 8/20/2009 11:11:40 AM
Thank you mysteriosa,

It was the vary wary part that concerned me reguarding the sincerety, and I cant say that I blame women for being that way.
 honestabla
Msg: 6
Online dating
Posted: 8/20/2009 11:27:47 AM
women your age do not. You are young and when I was your age I was not looking for men on the internet. I met them in college and thru friends. I am now older and dont go out partying and I stay busy so it is hard to meet men in the real world.
 justcuzwhatever
Msg: 7
Online dating
Posted: 8/20/2009 12:36:31 PM

I'm sure that this thread has probably been done to death, but I'm not one to complain about people saying "search the forums!!!!". On the other hand, I'd rather have a response instead of browsing a library.

So you are deliberately posting a multiply-redundant thread because you don't want to bother "browsing a library."

That's nice.

By the way... don't just search the forums, read the rules.
 raffy30
Msg: 8
Online dating
Posted: 8/20/2009 4:42:37 PM
no one replies here. this is why the girls are single. if they had manners to reply they would have a guy.
 sweetlikesugarcane
Msg: 9
Online dating
Posted: 8/20/2009 6:27:17 PM
Go to the review forum and get some advice on your profile.

It is not bad but I recommend getting rid of the pictures of that girl and making a few changes to the text.

Also, think about who you are messaging. Do you meet the criteria of what they want in their profile? Most guys ignore what a woman writes and emails her anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Online dating