Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Five months, 0 Dates!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 girlred228
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Five months, 0 Dates!Page 1 of 1    
I think you are a adorable, but change your first pic. You could probably tell me the same thing, but you asked and I didn't. LOL.. Now let's get down to it. You put on your profile about getting you MA in Psychology; you know what that reads to me; girl repellent because EVERYONE has some issues and they think they are going to under the micro/telescope. I would remove that and show more of your personality and not your laundry lists. I think they are funny, but many people won't see the humor in it.

My pennie and a half...
 privat33r
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Five months, 0 Dates!
Posted: 8/20/2009 5:02:45 PM
Your pics are okay, there are no disasters in your profile. You might try going through the questionaire and looking for women who match you by personality.
 privat33r
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Five months, 0 Dates!
Posted: 8/20/2009 7:04:08 PM
Mr P, listen to the girls. They're 7th dan black belts.

Your interests and avatar scream about what you're planning to do for a living. Elements that hint about your studies just add to a negative. Don't filter in your profile, do that on a 4th date, 'my parole was revoked, love to see you again, you can reach me through my great aunt'.

You'd be much better off with a profile that shows the opposite like, "Looking for henna artist to help me with my compilation of scriptures to attract Baal to the earthly plane, meet me outside my Dunkin Donut's at 3:12 am, I'll have on a grey hoodie, bring an earth tone fountain pen."

What you have says you're up to more important junk than what others are doing. People don't jump on that wagon in the dating world. I'll ask the famous scientist chick who's 28 to clear that misconseption up for you if you'd like.
 SunnyIsles10
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Five months, 0 Dates!
Posted: 8/20/2009 9:01:50 PM
Hey Mike,

I think yours profile is great. I think you should consider uploading one or two pictures of your entire body. As per your profession I think freelancer is not ok specially because it's not clear if it is IT or Psychs gigs. I would say student instead...

Man... NY? I would never sign up to this site if I was still there. NY girls are wild. I had no problem having dates or meeting chicks there at all. Next time I go there I will introduce you to some of my friends.

Happy

Manny
 You go first
Msg: 8
Five months, 0 Dates!
Posted: 8/21/2009 7:40:43 AM
Hi, Mike - I like this profile in this version.

You're a nice-looking guy who writes well. The only thing that I found myself wondering was that, at 28, you're still a student, but do you have a job that helps pay the bills? I can never figure out how someone can support themself and do the university thing. A lady may wonder if she gets involved with you if you're a 'starving student' if she's going to have to pick up the tab. Maybe it's just my perception.

So far as your background, you do look 'European'. It could be fun - if you want to - to throw in a line about your specific background so long as you can do it with humour. This may be one thing you have in common with your viewer.

If you're wondering how your introductory messages are coming across, please feel free to use my totally awesome profile as a test sample and send me a practice message for review. No charge.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Five months, 0 Dates!