Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Favourites and Last 5 Posts      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Svetlana Blue
Msg: 2
Favourites and Last 5 PostsPage 1 of 1    
The number of favorites never came off as positive or negative to me. I only noticed people who hardly had any to be the ones crying about it. As far as the forums, I find them interesting and was fun to see people's responses. I am shocked they have done this to be honest. Just like photos being so strict. Unless anything is really offensive, I do not see why things need to be removed. As far as roses? I do not use them. They say "be mine" on it. And I have yet to meet anyone who I would say that too, except a friend. I hope they put everything back the way it was. Getting a little "strict" on here.
 armaegis
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Favourites and Last 5 Posts
Posted: 8/22/2009 11:19:59 AM
Seeing someone with a large number of favourites can be discouraging. On the other hand, the only different I see this making is that the popular/pretty people will get even more messages and the rest will see no change.
 haywiresue
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/22/2009 3:20:54 PM
I don't miss loosing the counter of how many people had you on their favorites list. I found it more of a bother than its worth. I often got hate mail from men people who added me to their favorits list and I was not aware of it. I turned off the notification option and hardly ever looked at the people who had me on their favorites list. I would prefer an interested man to just drop me a note, instead of playing this game of adding me to their favorites list and then waiting to see what I would do. To me that was just a game.

I do miss the listing of the last 5 forum postings, as that was helpful in trying to figure out if I wanted to contact a man or not. I also found it easy to check on comments made after my postings instead of going to the "my forums" section as, I did not find that as handy.

I think e-gifts and the 2 special monthly roses are meaningless, as some people on this site hide behind their computer and not everyone is genuine or honest.
 sage5735
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2009 12:54:48 AM
I was wondering about all those people that had added me as their favourite, but never sent me a simple hello. I've spent the time to contact a few, asking if we had ever met, or do they attend any POF functions, and possibly seen me, but no.... nothing.

Oh, well, I organize & promote events, & maybe, just maybe these people had been considering coming out to such fun activities. So it's possible that's how I became a favourite. It would be nice to get a note, however brief.

Ahhh. Such is life.

"You can't always get want you want. But if you try, sometimes you get what you need"
Mick Jagger, Let It Bleed, 1969
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Favourites and Last 5 Posts