Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > explain this to me, make me understand      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dpk47
Msg: 1
explain this to me, make me understandPage 1 of 1    
How can people seem to pick up dates and go all the way like every other week, but I can't seem to snag date one after 3 years? Am I missing something out of the equation, here? What are you people doing that I'm not? A little advice, please. Thanks.
 Commander_Cool
Msg: 2
explain this to me, make me understand
Posted: 8/22/2009 10:55:03 AM
Most "dates" that I go out on aren't really dates in the romantic-comedy sort of sense. Sometimes I just ask a female friend of mine if she'd wanna go grab dinner later that night or maybe hang out in my room and watch a movie. Some flirting may ensue, but not much you know? You just have to keep firing away and eventually one of these little fun get togethers may turn into a legitimate relationship.

Hope that helps!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/22/2009 11:34:47 AM
Are you not expressing interest beyond friendship with women you are attracted to? Are you outgoing and social enough to talk with everyone including women you have interest in? Everyone has a way about them once they get used to talking with people if they practice enough.
 myrgth
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2009 11:44:11 AM
Do you ask?

A lot of men that date a lot, ask a lot. I know my guy friends get told no more than they get told yes. They don't take it personally, they just ask someone else until they get a yes.

If you are just looking for sex (go all the way?!) that's pretty much the same concept.

Balance witty and sarcastic with charming and sexy.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2009 3:50:23 PM
Be, happy. You saved lots of time and money. And for the liars who are telling you they get all those one night stands; Don't worry about it, if their lies are ego boosters, that's their problem.
 PacificStar
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2009 5:43:10 PM
Pictures are worth a thousand words. Do you present a an amicable, engageing, direct, friendly first impression with good body language in attractive stylish clothes, well groomed hair. and clean shaven? Didn't look at your profile but complaining after one post why would anyone look?
 Okietokie88
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2009 6:05:38 PM
Idk, don't really see how any one of us POF'ers are qualified to diagnose someones dating expertise if not methodology rather lack their of in this case. I wish you luck but if you're outgoing enough and show interest in a sincere manner it should be smooth sailing. Not saying you're on a one way ticket to sex, but I'm sure you would be able to wrangle a date.....hell even coffee.

Good luck
 ^^Batgirl^^
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/23/2009 6:39:50 PM
Might I ask...........do YOU want to pick up dates and go all the way like every other week?

If not, who cares if others do that? That means you are looking for something else.

^^BG^^
 Astonishx
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2009 11:14:04 PM
Dude, look at your headline!...... no seriously..... look at your headline.
Change that @$%t! start making friends with girls first..... and then maybe...maybe...make a move on a girl who is not way out of your league.

"Grass on the field"!!!!!!????? c'mon...
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/25/2009 9:53:17 AM
The #1 reason why you can't seem to pick up dates is because right now, you don't know WHY you can't seem to pick up dates. That's #1.
- Your headline -- "If there's grass on the field..."
- You're jealous (ie wanting for yourself) about others going all the way so much, yet you have LONG TERM?
- Your primary photo -- CREEPY
- You're overweight. When you're not tall, you can't afford that. Lose 20, work out. It will improve your attitude more than anything, and it will up your esteem. This is not a small issue -- if you ignore this, you will revel in failure. Change your diet is the #1 thing with this, and just work out in your own house and get your heart rate up. Kills time & boredom, and at the same time, with a diet of normal calories low in fat & simple-carbs, you'll see a massive change by the time college football is in mid-season.
- Be PATIENT. Impatience will not only drive you nuts, it will ruin your "game", live.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > explain this to me, make me understand