Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > How do you get that shiney smooth bald shaven look?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maltese_CanadianGuy
Msg: 1
How do you get that shiney smooth bald shaven look?Page 1 of 1    
I am not sure where to put this, this is the closest place I think this question applies. I am bald and whenever I shave I always have that rough look. What products do you guys use to get that shiney smooth look? And how do you go about doing it before or after you shave?
 tricapunk
Msg: 2
How do you get that shiney smooth bald shaven look?
Posted: 8/23/2009 11:38:50 PM
i always shave it down to about a #2. then i shampoo and condition, then shaving gel and a headblade. after that i moisturize.
 jaqi
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2009 9:50:44 AM
shaved heads... mmmmm very sexy but also love that little bit of rough to run my hands over... it feels so nice. I can't stop myself doing that to some of the guys at work fortunately they don't resist
 Alli_oop
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/24/2009 2:41:48 PM
i love shaved heads too jaqi. Just has that "I dont give a crap what u think" attitude, and i dunno, i find that quite attractive. Plus I just like low maintenance.
 justinakrfc
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/31/2009 2:56:58 PM
Not really sure what you mean. My head is always quite smooth after shaving it. I use a basic shaving cream, like Gillette Foamy, with a Gillette Fusion Razor. Sometimes, especially in summer, if I am going out, I put a lotion on it, like Aveeno, or something of that nature. But, my head is always smooth. Not necessarily shiny, though it kind of comes out that way anyways.
 Kunik
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/31/2009 7:04:28 PM
Do it at the end of a long, hot shower. However, apply the shaving cream at the beginning of the shower (reapply as necessary) to start softening the hair. Get one of those mirrors with a suction cup so you can do it while you're still in the shower so the steam can help.
 Luzername
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/2/2009 1:22:13 PM
I've heard from a friend that if you get it done at an old fashioned barber shop they use a straight razor after prepping the skin with a hot towel (helps get a closer shave but it's not great for the skin to shave after); according to my friend this gives you a "cue ball" shine. Hope that's of some use to you buddy.
 grover14
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2015 5:58:00 PM
I shave my head daily. The shiny head indicates healthy skin. I make my own aftershave skin conditioner, it also prevents and soothes razor burn.

In a small pump bottle: 90 % witch hazel, 10% aloe, and about 10 drops of tea tree oil.

I also get apricot scrub at the dollar store and add a bunch of sugar to it and exfoliate at least once a week. If you do this, your head will shine like chrome!
 grover14
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2015 10:26:51 AM
If you want your bald head to be like a mirror, after shaving and with a dry head, mist it with hairspray. Let it dry, and it's like chrome. I don't do this offer, as I don't want to clog my pores.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/19/2015 11:15:28 AM
Good tip about the hairspray on skin! Never heard of that before. Thanks for that post.
I will try that during riding season with shaved legs to look really sharp on the bicycle.
 grover14
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2015 3:16:39 PM
Might make you more aerodynamic Eric.
 satx78218
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 3:35:41 AM
Hairspray is very probably full of chemicals not meant for direct skin application, but I'm sure hairspray's BigCorp doesn't GAF about you poisoning yourself. One of the really off-putting aspects down here in TX is the heavy, aggressive, dominating odors put off by ladies' hairspray, esp the older ladies stuck in the 70s and 80s.

LOTS of nasty stuff in "body care" and cosmetics pollutes via the skin. Hair follicles are even better as conduits for transdermal chemical absorption.

here's just one example, out of 100s of "body care" chemicals:

Pregnant Women in Brooklyn Have Highest Levels of Certain Preservatives Used in Cosmetics

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2015-10/sdmc-pwi102315.php

Lead is another poison activists have been beating on cosmetic companies to remove from their products.
 satx78218
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 4:06:30 AM
“The findings are significant because a review of the latest scientific research shows that propyl paraben acts as a weak synthetic estrogen and can alter hormone signaling,”

http://www.organicauthority.com/toxic-endocrine-disruptor-in-50-popular-snacks-finds-environmental-working-group/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OrganicAuthority+%28Organic+Food%2C+Healty+Recipes%2C+Green+Living+-+Organic+Authority.com%29

so if you're shaving and chemically shining your head for that hardass Macho Man look so beloved by fat cops, you might also need another chemical complement: d!ck hardener.
 grover14
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:19:14 AM
Yikes!! That's why I make my own aftershave conditioner from witch hazel, aloe, and tea tree oil. All equipment working properly, phew.
 grover14
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2017 4:31:14 AM
I've been shaving my head daily for 4 years now, and have tried alot of products. Recently, I discovered that exfoliating my head with a sugar scrub a couple times a week before shaving. Then after shaving, a cold water rinse and apply witch hazel gives me an outstanding shine.
 Goyswontbereplaced
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/11/2018 7:07:47 AM
Daily or more shaving. Conditioning. Steam also helps. But , TBH , daily sex is what really gets the head to shine !!!!!
 pedata
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/11/2018 8:51:57 AM
^^^^ LOLOLOL How did I know you were a Skinhead. ROFLMAO.

I'm willing to bet you have little swastikas tattooed all over your body too..... probably created in prison. :-)
 pedata
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/11/2018 11:10:37 AM
Goy has a big picture of Mr. Clean on his mirror..... Goy, you don't mind if I call you Mr. Clean now that you have admitted you idolize the guy right?
 Goyswontbereplaced
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/11/2018 1:02:43 PM
That's fine ; (((pedata))) ; he is a fine White Man.
 pedata
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/11/2018 2:16:13 PM
He is more than that...he is your model for the skin-head look. You could all be clones of each other.. :-)
 milklover1313
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 4:59:58 PM
I don’t shave mine more than twice a week but after I do, people often comment on my shiny. It’s probably the gel I use. Nivea sensitive gel. I also use the Schick Hydro 5 blade. 5 blades does make a difference. As someone else here said, apply it at the beginning of a shower. I always shave while showering. Softens the stubble much better and makes things easier, and I probably get a closer shave. Although I used to care a lot about how close I could get, I don’t care so much anymore. I’ve found that women like the slight stubble just as much. Plus it keeps my beanies stuck to my head quite nicely.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/21/2018 8:36:13 PM
To me a "shiny" head looks greasy, oily. And tea tree oil stinks, its gross.

I don't mind a shaved head on a man...or thinning or a full head of hair. I don't care what colour it is but if you want to dye it, get it done professionally at a hairdressing salon as those 2 shade of brown for Just For Men look tacky as hell. And if you're half bald - no pony tails. And if you're over 30, no man buns. The ZZTop beards look like cr@p too. Tidy, tidy yourselves up.

No tea tree oil...ewwww. Your head isn't meant to look greasy.
 grover14
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2018 5:00:44 AM
I don't have much choice. I shave my head daily, as I don't like the stubble feeling and just apply a little witch hazel, and my head shines like chrome. Haven't found anything that tones down the shine. Just healthy skin I guess.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > How do you get that shiney smooth bald shaven look?