Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > relationships      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Commonsens
Msg: 2
relationshipsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)

about can two people go back to a relationship after they break up.

because they are desperate birdbrain incapable to commit to memory the why it break up even after they tried everything and are to afraid to be faced alone to themselves?
 wileygy
Msg: 4
view profile
History
relationships
Posted: 8/29/2009 4:20:20 PM
spoiled milk doesn't get unspoiled.it needs to be flushed down the drain.of course you can try to make something out of it ....but it sure won't be milk.
that's a moral.....or somesuch
 tam879
Msg: 7
view profile
History
relationships
Posted: 8/29/2009 4:53:37 PM
It`s been almost 2 years come this Nov of my breakup. I was the dumpee but I was still hoping for a long time to try and get back. I keep thinking of the things she said in one her e-mails and she is right you can`t change who you are. Therefore I don`t think that I could get back together with her.
It still hurts to be dumped but her reasons were basically right on. Our breakup was not of a bad nature, she asked if I thought of moving in, I said no. I just couldn`t committ to that yet. I was hestitant and reluctant to do things. I am a cautious person. I wish we could get back together.
It seems like the majority are against getting back together. What is the failure rate after trying to get back together?
 ForumFilly
Msg: 11
relationships
Posted: 8/29/2009 5:32:02 PM
I will stay in a relationship until I am certain there is NO way to maintain it. At that point, I am DONE! Once I've reached that point, there is no going back. I will try to do whatever necessary to improve and make a relationship successful, but when it's of no avail, I know it's time for it to end. When that happens, there is no way I would reenter a romantic relationship with that person again. We might be able to be friends, or be cordial, but we will never again be in a relationship.
 Nancy54534
Msg: 15
view profile
History
relationships
Posted: 8/29/2009 9:27:17 PM
Ah sometimes the reconciliation is due to comfort zone, just used to one another's ways. You do have to work and put effort into recognizing what drove you apart in the first place. There has to be in some cases rebuilding of trust and learning to communicate. But if there was abuse of any kind stay the H___ away, that scenario will rarely change because their ego may think you couldn't find any alternatives other than themselves, so they think "GOTCHA" It does take a concerted effort to get the basics worked out, if both are earnest that forgiveness and trust can be restored that is a tremendous testament to both people.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > relationships