Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The very best attitude...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 4
The very best attitude...Page 1 of 1    
I find that it's better to assume I won't like him before I plan a meet, and never meet anyone for something I wouldn't do alone anyway so it's not really about him - then it becomes him joining me doing something I already planned to do. He can not show, show and leave, not be my type, stay, whatever and it doesn't affect anything.

I think people who are miserable expect too much and set themselves up for dissappointment, and place too much emphasis on planning around the other person when meeting rather than the activity itself.
 sinlov
Msg: 5
view profile
History
The very best attitude...
Posted: 8/31/2009 7:51:54 AM
I believe you are right OP. Of course, key to that being make sure he's not a troll first."
But on the real side. I believe we should make the best of it, even if there is no attraction there.
 _jay_see_
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/31/2009 8:20:41 AM

However, most men dont just want to hang with me, they want to be touchy, feely and intimate,

You know why?

Because if they don't, then you'll bang the guy who *is* touchy-feely and they'll feel lame for being such a coward.
 FlameNFire
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/31/2009 9:02:36 AM
I go on a first date with the expectation that the person is probably NOT going to look exactly how I pictured. Pictures are a two-dimensional image of someone and it does not convey their mannerisms, how they carry themselves, etc. I figure, I have to eat a meal, I can either eat alone, or I can have a conversation with someone that I haven't met before. I may learn a thing or two, I might gain an insight I hadn't considered before, may enjoy a few laughs. It's not the end of the world if there isn't a sexual chemistry there. I have all sorts of freinds that I have physical interest in that I enjoy spending time with, so why all the worry about "oh my gosh, what if I have to spend an hour with someone I'm not attracted to!"??? Get over it! Go, have fun, meet someone new, if there's no attraction, decide if they are friend material or not, and go from there. If there it a mutual attraction, yay, then you get to start on the fun stuff like are you both looking for the same things, are you both available....blah, blah, blah....
 2fuzy
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/31/2009 9:41:52 AM
it sucks when it feels like a job interview and wish more could have the OPs attitude
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The very best attitude...