Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  > Are you too comfortable?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 arhillbillyKat
Msg: 2
Are you too comfortable?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I was thinking about people who don't even say hello and wondering why some just look and look...and look and never bother to reach out.

"And wondered if after being single/by yourself, for a long while, if maybe you like it better than sharing your life with someone?" I HATE being by myself...would LOVE to share everything with someone special

"Has time and distance from being a couple to being a single made a difference in pursuing a lasting relationship?" I don't feel like anything has made a difference...thought I had found "the right one" and turned out it wasn't meant to be. So my line is back out

"Has the idea of wanting/desiring to share your life with someone turned into...well, I'd have to share if I were with someone?" Wouldn't mind sharing anything and everything, if I found someone who would make me happy and me make him happy

"I've been single....separated in 2003 and divorced in 2007.
Been on here almost 3 years but started out as a requirement from the counselor I was seeing.
Felt I needed to see a counselor to sort out my feelings and figure out myself".. Been there, done that. Still trying to figure "me" out......good for you making that step

"I have the desire to share my life but it seems on most part, desire and being serious and wanting to have a relationship, has left the building". I know the feeling all to well.

Just hang in there girlfriend, someone will come along when you least expect it.

What are your thoughts?
 maples01
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Are you too comfortable?
Posted: 9/7/2009 9:04:13 PM
OK, I can talk or chat with stranger I meet in public, or on a forum, but when looking at someones profile, as for sending a message, my mind goes blank and I have no idea what to say.

Being single, well no, I don't like it, don't like living alone, but I fear of being too set in my ways for changing it, it gets worse as time goes on.

No sure if the reasons for past relationship failure has damaged the level of trust toward people.

I don't think the lord meant for us to be alone, but do we know when we are ready, will we notice when chance comes our way, and will we know how to respond?

I've not been to one event that people on here have held, they all seemed to have fallen on my time with my child.
 maples01
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Are you too comfortable?
Posted: 12/31/2009 5:53:39 PM
I find more and more, I am all too set in my ways.
I've not been on dates, when I'm out, I'll strike up conversations with strangers, yet when approached I tend to act shy, or so I've been told.
I'm not going to say I won't change, because I notice I have over the past 2 years, but it's be backward, to become reclusive. I tend to shy away and stay back where I feel safest, during a meet of some of my high school classmates, I stayed in the back with a group I was comfortable with missing out on introducing myself to over a dozen.

So, if you're lonely, interested in meeting someone, how can it be done, and remain reclusive.

I can't wait till spring, I miss the outdoors.
 maples01
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Are you too comfortable?
Posted: 2/4/2010 4:56:19 PM
Yeah, that's it, I'm hopin for interest from chicks in their 20's , much better than a relationship with a woman.

Did you catch the sarcasm I honestly have no interest from anyone, no big deal, I've pretty much given up, not gonna wine over it, I'm not changing for anyone, if they don't want to get to know me, that's fine, I seem to entertain my facebook friends.

I got a sick sense of humor, I poke fun at anything and everything.

Valentines day is coming, gotta get some cards, gonna send them out anonymously to people I can't stand with distinct quotes.
Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  > Are you too comfortable?