Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Same people still here ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 quantum mechanics
Msg: 1
Same people still here ?Page 1 of 1    
Ive been on a number of dating sites and one thing that stands out very clear on all of them is that no matter how much time has passed the same Women ( dont look at the men posts) are still on those dating sites (even after a years time)....They tell me that there are many men looking for just sex or thier pics mis represent them etc. But my god there must be someone that suits these women? It appears know one suits them and thats why they never find anyone ? Hell i dont know but there is something wrong when people cant find what they are looking for on A Dating Site.Basically, i just cant put my finger on why all the same people are STILL here, or on Match or Singlesnet etc.....Ive met 2 women over the last four years and had a 2 year relationship with both.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 2
Same people still here ?
Posted: 9/7/2009 10:37:43 AM
These forums are part of the reason.

They're why I still have a profile here. They can be addictive.
 quantum mechanics
Msg: 3
Same people still here ?
Posted: 9/7/2009 10:41:02 AM
Well as far as forums go this is a first for me...and ive been on pof for 8 mo. i dont see how a forum would make it where someone cant find thier match/partner..
 justcuzwhatever
Msg: 4
Same people still here ?
Posted: 9/7/2009 10:59:24 AM
Being a forums member has nothing to do with ability to find a match/partner.

I'm in a long term, committed relationship, and I still have a membership here. My boyfriend knows I have a membership here. My profile clearly states that I'm just here for the forums, not looking for romance.

But my god there must be someone that suits these women?

Sure there are. Doesn't mean she'll suit the guys that suit her.

Hell i dont know but there is something wrong when people cant find what they are looking for on A Dating Site.

Wow... that line made me spit coffee on my keyboard I was laughing so hard.

Basically, i just cant put my finger on why all the same people are STILL here, or on Match or Singlesnet etc.....Ive met 2 women over the last four years and had a 2 year relationship with both.

Well, OP, all I can say to that is that your stats are better than the norm. Really better. So relax, within a week or two you'll meet your next two year relationship!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 5
Same people still here ?
Posted: 9/7/2009 11:07:13 AM

i dont see how a forum would make it where someone cant find thier match/partner..

It doesn't. A lot of people here are in relationships, but stay because they like the site. Still more are here for the forums and don't care to date, because online dating isn't their thing. Still more aren't in the mood to date generally. Still more are dating but not seriously, etc etc etc.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Same people still here ?
Posted: 9/7/2009 11:14:44 AM
I can only answer for myself: I'm here because I enjoy the forums. I have found a man I love (here on POF) and no longer use POF for the dating side of it.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 7
Same people still here ?
Posted: 9/7/2009 11:21:41 AM
For the men who think women have a time limit on who they choose - there is no time limit on attraction and compatibility. If it's not available many of us are fine with staying single forever, if that's the case. We don't all tend to use our self worth as a gauge for our ability to find a date.

Now if you're not good at being alone, then yeah I guess you should lighten up on what you want, so that you can hurry up and get off the market. For those who'd rather be with someone who's right for them and don't care how long it takes or if it happens at all, we'll wait.

It never fails around here. Wait for what you want = picky. Date everyone to see who's right = serial dater. Make up your minds, people.

P.S. - in my area, the same men have been here for years too - but I don't question it, as I only know that from being here myself. I suspect there's a good reason.
 SlingDad
Msg: 8
Same people still here ?
Posted: 9/7/2009 11:22:01 AM
This is a dating site?

OutMind
Msg: 9
Same people still here ?
Posted: 9/7/2009 11:44:32 AM
I used to be here for the forums only. Then my relationship ended and I am beginning to look again. The interesting thing is that I renewed my membership with another site, and the women that were there 3 years ago. That is the last time I was there because I did pull the plug on that place during my relationship. And guess what? The same women are still there. So, yeah? What's up with that. Are they serial daters? Or have they been in little relationships here and there but do demanding in what they want that they will pretty much never will.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Same people still here ?
Posted: 9/7/2009 11:52:32 AM
I've been here a while... currently in a relationship (approaching the 2 yr mark), and horribly addicted to the forums. I think I have met.. um.. maybe a half dozen people on here... couple from a different site (that I haven't been on in years).. meh... I don't take this place too seriously.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Same people still here ?