Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > hand sanitizers      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 big ass fans
Msg: 1
hand sanitizersPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
do these not contain alcohol?........and if so, how does a zero tolerance for alchol on premises factor into the picture?........wasn't a kid suspeneded just awhile ago for having this same thing in their possesion on school property?...............
 RacerM95
Msg: 2
hand sanitizers
Posted: 9/8/2009 4:17:25 PM
mmm good question... mind you arent they made with isopropyl alcohol ? at which point that is poisonous to drink (iirc)
 susan_cd
Msg: 3
hand sanitizers
Posted: 9/11/2009 6:14:57 PM
I've started seeing small pen-sized tubes of hand sanitizer ( assorted scents) turning up near the cash registers at some stores & considered buying one.... then I checked the labels & saw they're made in China .
 susan_cd
Msg: 4
hand sanitizers
Posted: 9/11/2009 7:33:45 PM
When Chinese toys imported by Canada & the US regularly have lead in them yes it does. And when their baby formula is stretched out by adding poisonous chemicals then yes it does ( fortunately the baby formula was only sold in China)
 susan_cd
Msg: 5
hand sanitizers
Posted: 9/11/2009 11:49:10 PM

It may come a surprise to you but many things we buy are made in China.

Yes, and I'll pick & choose which items made in China I'll purchase or use... particularly items that are to be ingested or used on your skin. Some companies are trying to get around the bad press some Chinese products have gotten recently by not stating where the product was made... I've run into a number of food products that merely say "Imported by" then give the name & address of a Canadian company, the products I've checked usually give a Montreal company address. So you'll know who imported it but not where it was imported from.
 haywiresue
Msg: 6
hand sanitizers
Posted: 9/29/2009 9:07:11 PM
I was sent an email recently from an out of province friend, about a little girl in preschool/daycare that was lethargic and was rushed to the hospital emergency unit. After numerous hours, numerous tests and everyone being scared almost to death, it was discovered that the child had been licking her fingers during snack time, after using a waterless hand sanitizer that the daycare made all the children use, to reduce/eliminate germs for the children's safety. The chemicals used in the waterless hand sanitizer had left a residue on her hands that she ingested when she licked her fingers and hands as most kids do when they eat. I am glad that it was not a fatal accident that occured, and the little girl was ok.

I grew up being told to wash my hands with good old soap and water, and often being told to go back and wash all the dirt off, before I was allowed to come to the table and eat a meal. I think this is one of those old fashioned ideas that seems to have survived the test of time, as no kid I ever knew got sick from a bar of soap being stuffed into their mouths to clean the dirty language that sometimes slipped out in front of an adult or parent.
 flyin-high
Msg: 7
view profile
History
hand sanitizers
Posted: 9/30/2009 10:51:57 AM
^^^^^^^^
You’re not the only one, I would get yelled at if I came home bleeding… letting the dog lick the wound clean before going home seemed like a perfectly good medical treatment.
 susan_cd
Msg: 8
hand sanitizers
Posted: 9/30/2009 1:03:10 PM

Am I the only one with a Mom who taught these valuable lessons in personal health care?

You left out "I (mom) can clean your face by spitting on a napkin & wiping it on your face"
 RacerM95
Msg: 9
hand sanitizers
Posted: 9/30/2009 8:47:32 PM
Back home on the farm, any deep cut, I was told to put clean axle grease on it

Then years later, working as a Mechanic, cut ? meh wash it out with soap then go back to work with all the caustic chemicals, Gas, Creosote (carb cleaner)
 armaegis
Msg: 10
view profile
History
hand sanitizers
Posted: 9/30/2009 10:35:35 PM
I thought we were supposed to clean all our wounds with windex.
 susan_cd
Msg: 11
hand sanitizers
Posted: 10/1/2009 7:47:12 PM

I thought we were supposed to clean all our wounds with windex.

Naw, use a hot soldering iron; that'll sterilize the wound & cauterize it to stop any bleeding
 TooShadows
Msg: 12
view profile
History
hand sanitizers
Posted: 12/16/2009 5:37:57 AM
There's a difference with alcohols. There are two basic types,distilled from vegetables or more notably grains,and there is alcohol distilled from wood,otherwise known as methyl hydrate.. The 1st will get you drunk,the second will blind you and/or kill you if ingested.

What do you call a c0cktail made from kaopectate and wood alcohol?

A sh!t or go blind.
 susan_cd
Msg: 13
hand sanitizers
Posted: 12/16/2009 8:13:22 AM

sh1t rozz if we kept everything out of our homes that had a remote possability of harming us there would be nothing in them including people

Oh oh; too much carbon dioxide in the air can kill us... when we exhale, we expel carbon dioxide !!!

OK everyone, stop breathing because you put your life at risk when you exhale!!
Problem solved.
 susan_cd
Msg: 14
hand sanitizers
Posted: 12/19/2009 10:25:31 PM

Its people like me who lead the apes out of trees and caves.

Hmmm just how long have you been living with apes? Also I'm not aware of any ape species that live in caves.

If you're trying to make some sort of reference to evolution, the theory of evolution doesn't say humans evolved from apes; it says humans & apes both evolved from a common ancestor.
 susan_cd
Msg: 15
hand sanitizers
Posted: 12/21/2009 6:27:24 PM
Has everyone noticed Susan CD keeps attacking me!! I sure hope the people who monitor these post are noticing.

I think the monitors can actually read whatI say in my posts & can tell that they are not attacks on you, merely posts in reply to what you have posted.

Are you saying that anyone that doesn't agree with you 100% and posts something in rebuttal or response to you is attacking you?

You're not aware of far too many things Susan and it shows every time you post .

Which in your twisted logic would appear to mean that since I don't agree with you my view is automatically wrong.

Do you know anything about debating?
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > hand sanitizers