Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Any success stories about getting a man to the dentist?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Any success stories about getting a man to the dentist?Page 1 of 1    
Has anyone successfully encouraged a loved one....like a man....to get dentistry?

I have met someone wonderful....right here on POF...but his teeth are horrible.

Some teeth are missing, chipped and stained. Otherwise, he's clean. His carpentry work is outstanding so having such ugly teeth doesn't make sense.

LET ME KNOW if anyone has a success story.

javascript:smilie('')
 James Bottomtooth III
Msg: 2
Any success stories about getting a man to the dentist?
Posted: 9/9/2009 6:56:45 PM

Has anyone successfully encouraged a loved one....like a man....to get dentistry?

Would you classify a pet monkey as "like a man?

I have met someone wonderful....right here on POF...but his teeth are horrible.

I wonder if he is reading this post, because your either solved a problem or created a bigger one.

Some teeth are missing, chipped and stained.

Get some -
Wanted posters
That clay that Billy Mays is selling, or at least was.
Again I think Billy is your man again for the stains.

Otherwise, he's clean. His carpentry work is outstanding so having such ugly teeth doesn't make sense.

So in a Bizarro world kinda way you are dating Bob Villa.
 hamster-dance
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/4/2010 7:25:07 PM
Yes! I know this is an old post but it didn't get a lot of reply. I told him to call the dentist and explain that he is very fearful of having work done that may be quite painful as well as of the injections, and that the dentist could give him a prescription for a couple valium to take before going in. He did, and said it was no problem at all. Remembered almost none of it.
 chaswhatif
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 6:55:18 AM
"I can't commit more to you than you commit to enlightened self-intrest. Fix the teeth or find a co-dependant dentist". If he'd give you up to postpone his care he'd allow kids to go untreated.
DDS's commonly pre-sedate patients. And we men always cave.
(I know the best dentist in Washington State.His dad was best 40
years ago :lived next door...)I digress."oh, and after the app't.come back,not before!

ago
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 9:15:29 PM
About 27 years ago, I had a horrible toothache. My stepmother called up a dentist. I kid you not... his name was Dr. CUTRIGHT... AND - I am NOT making this up - He was in practice with another dentist named PAYNE!!!!
So anyway... Even though I was pretty much "scared" of going to the dentist, I went to Cutright, and he made my tooth(AND the pain) WORSE! My stepmother then called another dentist... I went to him, and this dentist SINGLEHANDEDLY AND COMPLETELY took away my fear of dentists!!! You know how wonderful it feels to get your hair shampooed when you get it cut? It was pretty close to that! Although he's now retired, he will always be - in my opinion - the best dentist in the history of dentistry! So, OP... it CAN be done; A man(OR a woman!) can be taken to the dentist and lose that fear!
 deltadallas
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 10:58:24 AM
my sister works in the dentist field, she talks and laughs about some of the men "momma" babies who come in with their elderly mom or girlfriend. after these people leave, the staff (even the dentist) will talk or laugh about these silly fools with the messed up mouth. my sister says she does not understand how a woman can let a man with a corroded mouth kiss much less deep throat. do you realize how many germs/bacteria the mouth carries? much less, one that has periodonal disease or yeast or gonorreah of the mouth. yes, STD of the mouth!

i have always had a perfect set of pearly whites. this is the first thing i look at in a man, besides hair.
 ZenBeth
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/7/2010 7:32:55 PM
I LOVE my dentist and know that healthy teeth often means healthy body. If more men knew that having healthy teeth would help with lowering heart blockage from plaque I wonder if more would see a dentist. And nothing is sexier than clean healthy teeth and that awesome smile. Could care less if the man looks like GQ cover material. But give me a nice smile with healthy teeth and I am so happy.

~Beth~
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Any success stories about getting a man to the dentist?